“This is a better hotel than some others we've been to.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Tallahasse NW (I-10)

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Tallahasse NW (I-10) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Tallahasse NW (I-10)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3096 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Ozark
“This is a better hotel than some others we've been to.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The woman who runs the kitchen/dining area's name is Mary Ann and she goes above any other hostess we've seen in a breakfast area. She keeps it very clean,organized and is very helpful to her customers. She makes this hotel stand out among the many we have gone to in the past. Thank you, Mary Ann.
Also,the whole place seems extra clean which we appreciate.
And the price is very reasonable. We will stay here whenever we come this way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Port Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in middle January 2013. I enjoyed my stay, the price with a senior discount was good and the room very pleasant. My only complaint was that I went to breakfast at 9:30 and several breakfast items were out, when I asked about them I was told "we're out". I would stay here again but go to breakfast earlier.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

While convenient to I-10, it's difficult to get in and out of the hotel from Monroe - until you know the "secret" of turning before you think you have to and exiting through Burger King parking lot if you have to go North. Overall hotel was very clean and well apportioned. The staff was very responsive! Only one elevator, and it's a bit slow, but not sure how to easily remedy that. We got to breakfast late - after a youth group of all teenage boys (haha) - but Mary Ann, the breakfast room attendant went above and beyond to take care of my hungry man. Thanks all!!

Room Tip: stayed 4th floor...back side, near elevators...quiet and convenient.
Old England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located off I-10 and also close to a large number of restaurants and Walmart. The rooms are large and comfortable and we enjoyed 3 days in their company in a top floor rear facing room. There are 'free' coffee and cookies in reception 24 hours a day, but the coffee was frequently cold. The breakfasts are good with a large range of products available. The staff are friendly and are able to offer good local advice. The hotel can be difficult to find on the first visit, being located behind a Burger King and other motels off a busy dualled highway. However, the motel is about 3 miles north of downtown and close to the Interstate, which makes it an ideal location for the Tallahassee traveller.
The swimming pool is an indoor/ outdoor, being neithet one thing or the other. It was open to the air but covered by the ceiling of the floor above making it a dark and unappealing area. It appeared as though the water was cool and in need of a clean and although we felt that we would like to swim, we decided against it.

Room Tip: High room at the rear seems the quietest
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Jan 06/2013
Had a room saver coupon for the Best Western.We just enter the lobby and immediately left because of its condition and went next door to Country Inn & Suites. We were so glad we did because for the extra ten dollars it sure was worth it. This hotel is conveniently located right of I-10 .Check in was fast and friendly and the rooms were very spacious and clean. Breakfast was great with hot sausage, eggs, home fries, bagels, waffles, muffins just about anything you would want with good coffee as well. There is a gas station and Publix on the same road and a Super Wal-Mart and Costco just four miles away. Very conveniently located.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here during Christmas holidays for 3 nights, and had a pretty good stay. There were some minor issues, that I brought to the attention of the front desk, on check-out, and they were nice about it, and appreciated us letting them know; and would see that they would get to the problems right away. This was our first time in this particular Inn, so not sure if this was an "off" weekend, (less staff) because of holidays or if this is the standard for this one. We stayed in one in Rochester, NY and it was great - no complaints.

When we arrived here, I was surprised to not see any cookies. We stayed 4 days, and only one day, we had cookies, in the lobby -- store-bought, not the Inn's -- but front desk said, they didn't get the delivery of the dough, and were still waiting on it.

Also, the clock wasn't working in room, so we took it to front desk, and said they'd replace it, (which they didn't), so had to use our cell phones to check the time, for the 3 nights we were there. We had a suite which worked out great, with 2 queen beds, and plenty of room, storage, 2 closets, 2 TV's, microwave, refrigerator, separate sink (wet bar), and undersink cabinets too. Very well appointed and plenty of privacy, for a couple, when one sleeps late or stays up late, while the other one can sleep in. There was actually a REAL door, that separated the bedroom from living area!

The sofa (sofa bed) was a bit hard to sit on, pretty uncomfortable, as well as the desk chair, was hard too. The lighting was a bit dim, to try to read with, as well. Beds were comfy, a bit on the firm side, but good enough to sleep in. AC/HEAT worked fine, too.

After the clock "deal" -- we noticed there was no Welcome Book in our room -- the books where it tells you the amenities, places of interest around the city, etc---. Front desk lady told me that the one for that room had been taken out, because previous guests had let their child "color" all in it, and someone else noticed it, as well.......I would think there would be extra copies, to replace ones, but guess not. (?)

The Bath was very clean, and shower worked great, plenty of soaps, towels, counterspace, plus hair dryer. I did make a complaint about the faucet, however. When turning on faucet, it literally "sprays" you with a fine mist, and you've felt like you just took a "hand & arms" shower ha..So, to NOT get sprayed, you had to run the faucet on a very low flow...which feels like it takes forever to wash your hands or face.......So, I did mention this as well to front desk.

Breakfast area was very well stocked, changing main entrees daily, all fresh food, tasty, and was almost an "expanded" breakfast, rather than the usual continental type. The attendent was just great -- Mary Ann -- always helpful with anything you might want.....even to setting the table for you, with the plastic silverware and napkins!! Had not seen this before, in a "self serve" hotel breakfast room! BUT, very nice touch, and she looks as if she enjoys herself and her job.

Location is great if coming off of I-10, although if you want to leave motel and head NORTH, you first must go SOUTH for about 1/2 mile+, to make a u-turn, and head back North!! Sort of inconvenient, but also, did not hear any traffic noise, either. Most likely the other motels around it, "buffered" the noise, for us. :) Also, parking lot is well lighted.

Summary -- we'll stay there again.........then I will have more to compare to. We travel here often, to see family, so will have more opportunities to do so. We previously stayed in a motel "down the street", but got very dissatisfied with the rooms, and the crowds of "bus loads" that seemed to always be staying there at he same times that we would be there, and usually it was pretty noisy. That is why we switched to Country Inn & Suites.

I think the Front Desk people will take my written complaints serious, and will fix things that needed to be "fixed" or taken care of. They all seemed very friendly and interested in making our stay special and comfortable. We'll try them again.

Room Tip: This Country Inn & Suites DOES have an elevator! They also have the pretty carpeted staircase, i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here during a speech and debate tournament in the area. Mostly I find nothing special about Country inns, but this one was actually very nice. Our suites, was clean and in good condition, the breakfast was also very good. They changed it each day we were there and kept it well stocked. If you don't like the breakfast, there is a Cracker Barrel on the otherside of I-10. We actaully tried to eat there on our way out, but the place was packed, so we didn't eat there.

This place is great if you are traveling on I-10. This place sits within 100 yards from the interstate, so it's still easy access to the highway.
We also didn't hear any road noise from I-10.

Overall this place was great, and it will definitely be our hotel whenever we are in the area.

Room Tip: There is no backside parking, since this hotel sits right next to a hill.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Tallahasse NW (I-10)? Share your experiences!