“Typical Aloft Clean Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Austin, Texas
“Typical Aloft Clean Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Typical Aloft Clean Good Location
If you have stayed in one Aloft you have stayed in them all. Hence why I stay here... because I know what I am getting for the money.
I would stay again.
This is my go to hotel when I stay in Tally

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
So glad to hear that you love the Aloft brand and especially that OUR Aloft Tallahassee Downtown is your "go to" place to stay in Tallahassee.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is over priced by at least 40 per night. During our stay the best part was the over sized shower, but since there was no hot water on our departure morning I didn't get to take one (pipe busted or something). The beds were pretty hard in my opinion and I like firm beds. The hotel bar was dead, and over priced - WOW. My wife got the worst drink ever made (strawberry martini) it was $12 and tasted like old strawberry puree. Had to pay $5 night for parking which is crazy since we paid around $125/night for a medium bedroom with a king bed. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the hotel in general was clean looking but for some reason it smelled like old chemical mop water throughout the lobby/bar. We fell for the bright lights, but until they come down to around $70 per night we will chose better hotels around town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your comments. I apologize that you didn't feel like our hotel was a great value. We don't often hear comments like this. I can certainly understand the inconvenience of the hot water situation. We jumped into action and got that resolved as quickly as possible. Glad to hear that you felt the staff was friendly and that you recognized that the hotel was very clean. I'd love to invite you back to stay with us again, and if you do, your next drink is on me! Our guests really enjoy our Wxyz lounge, so we'd love another opportunity to show you what we are all about.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the Aloft in Tallahassee, but had been there about a year ago as well. Both stays were very pleasant. I love the design of the rooms. They are very clean and the beds are super comfortable. The location of this particular hotel is perfect. My son was attending a summer band camp at FSU and the campus is just minutes away. We were also able to leave the car and just walk down the street to the old capitol building since it was so close. The staff on both occasions were very friendly and helpful, directing us to good places to eat and other things to do in the area. When I am in Tallahassee again, I will definitely choose this hotel for my stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
So glad to hear that you love our hotel and location at the Aloft Tallahassee Downtown. As the General Manager of this hotel, it makes me very proud of my team when I hear comments like yours, praising our staff, cleanliness and overall experience at our hotel. Love hearing that you will come back and stay with us again! Cheers!
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was at this hotel for 1 night for a business trip. Everyone on staff was friendly, and the bartenders were great. Pretty nice modern vibe, but still very comfortable. My room faced Monroe, so there was a bit of street noise, but that I to be expected when your on a busy street. I'd stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Glad to hear that you enjoyed our nice modern vibe. Thanks for mentioning the staff and bartenders! If the noise bothered you at all, please let us know next time and we will reserve a nice quiet room away from Monroe Street for you. Look forward to having you back again!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our first stay at an Aloft by Sheraton. Hotel is in a great location with easy access and good parking. Typical Sheraton quality product, but very casual, hip with 'loft' type style. Rooms have a different smart layout with separate bathroom/shower area, bed facing windows, couch and desk opposite bed and large wall mounted flat screen TV. Lobby also has open loft feel including uncovered concrete floors, exposed ceilings with bar, food quick bite area and lots of seating for casual conversation. Jerald made us a wedge salad and a panini sandwich which were both very good. Jessica at the reception desk was very informative since this was our first experience. She was very well spoken and helpful....I think she has a great future with Sheraton. There was some traffic noise, but died out around 9pm and wasn't a problem. We also left the bathroom fan on all night. All in all, this was a fun place to stay and we will definitely try it again.

Room Tip: We were in 616, fronted Monroe Street...good views, great sunrise, close to elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. So glad to read that you loved our "loft" inspired rooms. Thanks for mentioning the service you received from Jessica and Jerald! Our team loves what we do and it puts a big smile on our face when it shows.

We welcome you back anytime!!!!
Jax Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotels has a great team who follow through with what is promised. From Brent at front making sure He accommodates any request possible, to the manager Chris following up after you check out to explain why something couldn't be accommodated . Good communication is the key to any relationship. This is my Tallahassee 1st choice spot because of the staff, I stay here about once a month, the four points has nicer beds but I sleep better knowing if I have any needs or issues I am covered.

• Stayed July 2014
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We couldn't ask for a nicer compliment. I will be sure to share your comments with Brent and Chris. They love what they do and I am so glad it shows. Glad to know we are your home when you travel to Tallahassee!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very hip, modern hotel in downtown. Has a bar and pool, which are both nice. Staff was also very kind helpful. However, the location is less than ideal. While you are close to it all, it comes with considerable noise. The hotel fronts Monroe, which is a busy thoroughfare at all times of day and night, even sounding like there's a drag strip out there. It's also near a fire station and next to a greyhound bus depot, so there's the noise from those as well. I've stayed in many bustling downtowns (New Orleans, DC, Chicago, Denver, etc) and none were this loud. Would recommend staying - just be sure to bring your earplugs.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the kind compliments about the hotel. We are in the heart of downtown and sometimes the "sounds of the city" can be heard. We are always happy to place you in a nice quiet location in the building perhaps facing the pool or the less busy Call Street. Just let us know that you stayed before and it was a bit noisey. We will take good care of you! Please come back and stay with us again.

Been to aloft Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!