“Nice Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the Aloft in Tallahassee, but had been there about a year ago as well. Both stays were very pleasant. I love the design of the rooms. They are very clean and the beds are super comfortable. The location of this particular hotel is perfect. My son was attending a summer band camp at FSU and the campus is just minutes away. We were also able to leave the car and just walk down the street to the old capitol building since it was so close. The staff on both occasions were very friendly and helpful, directing us to good places to eat and other things to do in the area. When I am in Tallahassee again, I will definitely choose this hotel for my stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
So glad to hear that you love our hotel and location at the Aloft Tallahassee Downtown. As the General Manager of this hotel, it makes me very proud of my team when I hear comments like yours, praising our staff, cleanliness and overall experience at our hotel. Love hearing that you will come back and stay with us again! Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was at this hotel for 1 night for a business trip. Everyone on staff was friendly, and the bartenders were great. Pretty nice modern vibe, but still very comfortable. My room faced Monroe, so there was a bit of street noise, but that I to be expected when your on a busy street. I'd stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Glad to hear that you enjoyed our nice modern vibe. Thanks for mentioning the staff and bartenders! If the noise bothered you at all, please let us know next time and we will reserve a nice quiet room away from Monroe Street for you. Look forward to having you back again!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our first stay at an Aloft by Sheraton. Hotel is in a great location with easy access and good parking. Typical Sheraton quality product, but very casual, hip with 'loft' type style. Rooms have a different smart layout with separate bathroom/shower area, bed facing windows, couch and desk opposite bed and large wall mounted flat screen TV. Lobby also has open loft feel including uncovered concrete floors, exposed ceilings with bar, food quick bite area and lots of seating for casual conversation. Jerald made us a wedge salad and a panini sandwich which were both very good. Jessica at the reception desk was very informative since this was our first experience. She was very well spoken and helpful....I think she has a great future with Sheraton. There was some traffic noise, but died out around 9pm and wasn't a problem. We also left the bathroom fan on all night. All in all, this was a fun place to stay and we will definitely try it again.

Room Tip: We were in 616, fronted Monroe Street...good views, great sunrise, close to elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. So glad to read that you loved our "loft" inspired rooms. Thanks for mentioning the service you received from Jessica and Jerald! Our team loves what we do and it puts a big smile on our face when it shows.

We welcome you back anytime!!!!
Jax Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotels has a great team who follow through with what is promised. From Brent at front making sure He accommodates any request possible, to the manager Chris following up after you check out to explain why something couldn't be accommodated . Good communication is the key to any relationship. This is my Tallahassee 1st choice spot because of the staff, I stay here about once a month, the four points has nicer beds but I sleep better knowing if I have any needs or issues I am covered.

• Stayed July 2014
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We couldn't ask for a nicer compliment. I will be sure to share your comments with Brent and Chris. They love what they do and I am so glad it shows. Glad to know we are your home when you travel to Tallahassee!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very hip, modern hotel in downtown. Has a bar and pool, which are both nice. Staff was also very kind helpful. However, the location is less than ideal. While you are close to it all, it comes with considerable noise. The hotel fronts Monroe, which is a busy thoroughfare at all times of day and night, even sounding like there's a drag strip out there. It's also near a fire station and next to a greyhound bus depot, so there's the noise from those as well. I've stayed in many bustling downtowns (New Orleans, DC, Chicago, Denver, etc) and none were this loud. Would recommend staying - just be sure to bring your earplugs.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the kind compliments about the hotel. We are in the heart of downtown and sometimes the "sounds of the city" can be heard. We are always happy to place you in a nice quiet location in the building perhaps facing the pool or the less busy Call Street. Just let us know that you stayed before and it was a bit noisey. We will take good care of you! Please come back and stay with us again.
Lake City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The aloft is a different style hotel but the quality of this property is poor. The staff is adequate at best but the hotel was dirty and conveniences are not convenient. There is no ice machine on the floors, rather a fridge downstairs with small ice bags, however they were out and no one offered to get more from the back to replenish. The walkin showers are nice but since there is no tub, you need a shower cap if you don't want to get your hair wet and you have to go downstairs to ask. In addition, when I ordered coffee from the downstairs bistro because there was only one bag in the room with lumpy creamer packets, they were out of cream and not apologetic at all or offer milk instead.

There were bugs in my room and the air is stale and humid. The hotel is not well insulated and you hear street noise all night. If it weren't the hotel of choice for our business trip I would not have stayed here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I was so disappointed to read that we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay. We don't often hear comments like this especially concerning our staff. I appreciate your feedback and will take these comments back to my team. I personally invite you back to give us another opportunity to impress you. We love what we do and want all of our guests to have a fantastic experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I stayed two days with my little dog while my daughter attended FSU orientation. The design is fine supposed to be ultra modern but I call it more like modern shabby chic. Cement floors, platform beds, bathroom sinks that resemble salad bowls. This is not a sophisticated modern, it's more of a cheap modern. room layout could have been much better I stayed in the king room. The HVAC unit was too sensitive set at 72 you're freezing set at 73 it is pumping out warm air; this is a fundamental that the hotels should make sure works properly! No ice makers on the floors you have to grab a bag from the lobby. No restaurant inside the hotel either, just a Starbucks counter and some prepackaged stuff like salad or yogurts. Though there was a Lobby bar. This hotel is caught up in the faux "green" movement which is always a turnoff to me. The staff was great, room was clean, bed was comfortable. The blankets are wrapped between fresh clean sheets, which I love. Small refrigerator, crazy closet/room divider really lacked forethought. I wear long dresses and the tiny, shallow closet on the room divider couldn't accommodate the length of the dress so it stuck outside below the closet curtain because there wasn't a real door. If my husband had accompanied me, the same would be true of his suit pants which we hang upside down by the cuffs. More silly things throughout like that, too many to mention. I usually stay at the Sheraton 4 points but I wanted to walk center city this time to try to understand why such a pretty place with so many people had no ladies boutiques, one man's shop, only 3 midtown hotels; this one, the Doubletree and the Governors Inn, a handful of restaurants and ONE bistro. It's mystifying that all the prime " retail/ restaurant" spaces are all occupied by union halls...maybe I answered my own question. Also as I mentioned I have a small dog, while this is a dog friendly hotel there really is no place to walk them. The areas in the parking lot are covered with pine needles, but the hotel doesn't charge a pet fee, so I guess that's the trade off. Shower had good pressure and great hot water, was roomy , but no tub. Hope this helps someone. I would stay again if need be.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor on the pool side. it was very hot when I checked in from the afterno...
Green Features: Not a fan of the faux " green" movement.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the "Fabulous Staff" comment and for loving our "pet friendly" atmosphere! Glad you noticed how clean our rooms are and that you found the bed to be so comfortable. I did want to mention that we have a nice selection of made to order food options. I am sorry to hear that you didn't realize that. Hope you will come back and see us again! Next time make sure to order one of our tasty made to order breakfast or dinner items. Our guests are telling us that the food is great.

Been to Aloft Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!