“Modern edge & great space!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Modern edge & great space!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Doing the college tour this summer with my daughter, we wanted to stay in places that were not only close to the college/universities, but gave us a wow and fun factor! After a while, you really do get bored with the same old hotel settings. Not so with aloft Tallahassee! Totally for family, business, and single-person travelers! What hotel can boast a pool table in the same area as lounge that offers comfortable seating with a modern twist? Plush comfy chairs and loungers; a bar where you can get nonalcoholic and alcoholic drinks; an area to hang out before hitting the town's restaurants and night life; and a cool and easy access beverage/food area to take care of hunger pangs or fussy children. Did I mention the pool? Very nice pool and lounge area. And yes, Starbucks is a part of the hotel that even offers up amazing breakfast food! Try the carrot cake waffles! You won't be sorry - just full.

The rooms boast a walk-in shower - nice for a change (not water up to your ankles from a clogged tub - ew!); sink, tiny fridge, coffee/tea bar, and a place to hang all your gear in a neat and tidy space; and the bedroom area has a wonderful flat-screen tv centered on the wall that is easy and effortless to watch from the bed. A bonus for me was the ceilings were not at 7 feet but higher so you don't get that claustrophobic feeling.

The use of space is utilized well. All the comforts, the amenities, in a price we can all afford. Check it out next time you are in Tallahassee. It's right in the downtown area - walking distance to restaurants and nightlife. If she chooses FSU - aloft will see a lot of us. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I love the modern decor, efficiently designed rooms, the service, and the ambiance. The bed and pillows were clean & comfy, which is most important to me. Their rewards program is the absolute best in the industry.

• Stayed August 2013
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I took my son with me on a business trip and stayed at this Aloft. I was extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay! The hotel is fresh and clean and aesthetically appealing, and the location was perfect. I had to go to the courthouse and my son, who is an FSU student, had to go to the campus for a meeting with his advisor. The maintenance staff, specifically Kevin, went way above and beyond any service that I expected. My son dropped a piece of jewelry down the drain of the shower, and Kevin came to the room and was very polite and willing to do all that he could to try to retrieve it. I wasn’t there at first, but came back from the courthouse when Kevin was there working on it. He also noticed that the bottom part of the shower door was loose and he also fixed that without anyone saying anything about it. This was my first stay at this Aloft – and I just booked my next stay for this coming Friday night – coming back with my son to look at housing for him for the fall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
North Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Friendly high rise accommodations with contemporary flair in the heart of Tallahassee's downtown core. Bustling lobby with an attractive bar. Rooms are very attractive and well appointed. The only negatives were challenging in-room climate control and less than ideal mattress. This hotel is within walking distance of parks, restaurants and downtown activities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I went to Tallahassee to spend her birthday there. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. It's on the main strip close to resturants and bars. Its a small loft space but enough room for just the two of us. Its a full bar and lounge downstairs that stays open until midnight. They have a bristo downstairs so you can order breakfast and lunch on your own dime. The only issue I had is that there is no mircowaves in the room, they have a mini fridge though.
Parking will not be a issue they have plenty. Word to the wise book early for discounts.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel and rooms were clean and very nice. The staff was so helpful and friendly. They gave us many restaurant suggestions and even took us to our choice in their shuttle. I did have a hard time getting them on the phone to come pick us back up though. We took a cab since it was pouring down rain. We loved our stay and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The room was nice, but the front desk insisted I go to the computer center and book a room to get my SPG apps rate., but the computers weren't working. I was passing through and didn't have a reservation and after driving 13 hours I found this to be a huge inconvenience. It was a small monetary difference to do so, and they should have been more accommodating. The lobby was noisy, and industrial in decor, and hence that made the sound echo. The Room itself was nice, however It was not quiet. I could hear the doors open next to me, and music coming through the walls. On a positive note, I called the front desk to report the party on my floor, and they did come up and address it promptly. However I could still hear everyone going to and from there rooms. Also, two thin pillows on a king bed is simply not enough for me. Food/drinks in the bar were reasonable and good. They have a take out breakfast service which was way overpriced. Better signage is needed to find the front door, and parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to aloft Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!