“Starwood Resorts does it again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando, Florida
“Starwood Resorts does it again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Aloft Hotel, a Starwood Brand Hotel that I stay while on business in Downtown, Tallahassee, Florida offers great hospitality. Their front desk staff is empowered to make decissions and offer the guest exceptional service. Their bar service with food and drinks is superb. Mangement is in the lobby each morning meeting and greeting guests making sure their night's stay was as expected.
I have continued to stay here for the last six months. if you like collecting extra points for each day,
of your stay sign up for their go-green program you get either $5 cash coupon to spend at thier lobby
shop or you get the equivalent in points.

Room Tip: Prefer the inner rooms facing the parking lot and pool. Less road noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Britobagh,

I really appreciate you noticing the hard work my team puts into service at the Aloft Hotel. We work great as a team and love to hear feedback from guest like you! We wait for your return and again, many thanks!

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff made this hotel, every single person we worked was friendly, accommodating and a pleasure! The room was clean and functional and served its purpose. The location is in the center of it all. Great stay and time spent with family.

• Stayed May 2013
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Ldenta,

We are first happy that you could stay with us during graduation! FSU and FAMU graduations are so much fun! Exciting time for everyone.

If you have another graduate, please come back to stay with us.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

What more can you expect as a business traveler, a modern hotel with great staff, super clean, wonderful amenities and all within a short distance by car, taxi, on foot or hotel shuttle to Florida's seat of government in Tallahassee. A must stay hotel for the discriminating business traveler or those just looking for a great hotel at a great value. Will stay again and again at ALoft.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BVitas,

We love the business traveler. We fit your needs and enjoy providing clean, fresh & savvy environment to work in!

Thank you for sharing !

Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I came to the Aloft for a short business stay. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. I was traveling alone, so that was very comforting! Ate in the bar area, great food. Room was clean and very well laid out...big bathroom and great shower. Certainly didn't feel cramped like many other hotel bathrooms. Great beds, too. Very comfortable. But what was most impressive to me was how a potential problem was handled. I was there as a speaker for a conference. I got involved with the conference and forgot to check out. Rather than arguing with me or charging extra, the front desk assisted me pleasantly, said they understood, charged me nothing, and brought my bag to me to save me the trouble. Now that's service with a smile! They are a fine example of how a hotel should treat its customers! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andrea G,

We can not wait until you come back either! Thank you for the kind words about your stay!

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We LOVE the Aloft!! We stay there whenever possible. We are season ticket holders for FSU football and spend many weekends in the fall. We were just there for the FSU spring game weekend. The think I love most is that they are TRULY dog friendly. They do not charge a penny extra for dogs. You would only have to pay for any damage your dog(s) do, which in our case is none. Other hotels charge extra per night or charge an non-refundable "cleaning" charge. They say that they do extra cleaning after a dog has been in the room. I prefer to stay somewhere that they do extra cleaning in all rooms. My dogs are clean and do not make any extra messes. We also love the Bliss products. Shower gel and shampoo are already in the shower for you. Staff is so friendly and professional. Beautiful pool area. It is in walking distance to the downtown area. I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Hope,

It was great exchanging emails about your stay! Thank you for bringing your four legged family, we do enjoy the entire family coming to visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel had a great location, staff was very polite, the rooms where clean and the lobby had plenty of things to do from the bar, to the pool table.Loved the lounge area. The best part of the hotel is you feel like your on vacation everyday, the cleaning crew doesn't come to your room till after 12 now that's relaxation. The parking can be better a little pricey but everything else was great. Five stars

• Stayed April 2013
The talent members wanted me to thank you for sharing your experiences with the world!

We value you as a loyal guest!

At your service,

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Tallahassee for the annual FSU Spring Game weekend with his parents. We had booked one room. We checked in late Friday night (around 9pm) and were told that they had run out of rooms with 2 queen beds. The staff were quick to respond and offered us two rooms with single king beds for the same price that we were going to pay for the one room we had originally booked.
Jackie and Anne were especially helpful, friendly, and apologetic (even though this mishap worked out for the better for us).

The rooms are very modern and small, the bathroom only has a sliding door and shares a wall that is right near the head of the bed (can be awkward if staying with family members.)

Bliss products are in each room and the lotion and soap are my favorite!

The bar area downstairs is VERY hip and trendy. The happy hour (everynight) is great, but the regular prices are high.

They offer an assortment of breakfast items and snacks, but again, the prices are fairly high.

The location is smack in the middle of downtown Tally and is within walking distance to everything.

I highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jackie K,

WOW, that is what I like to hear that my two talent members Jackie and Anna took care of your needs. I am so grateful for my team but most importantly, we are so happy you enjoyed being our guest! GO NOLES see you soon.

patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com

Been to aloft Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!