“Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Holiday
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Seeing other reviews I specifically asked for a room pool side or on an upper level. They gave me both; very accommodating. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Great stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor and pool side for less noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Shari,

Fantastic! Great to see you can enjoy yourself while on business! If you could pass on the word that we meet your expectaions to your work family. We would appreciate more business travelers to stay with us!

At your service,
patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Trendy, hip design, furnishings and design which I enjoyed. Unique, not a cookie cutter property at all. Service was mostly very good. Phone wouldn't work and I called with my cell phone for a wakeup call I never got. But with 3 sirens and a train whistle just between 5-6 am, I didn't need a wakeup call.... Comfortable, clean and roomy, rack of magazines, newspapers in the lobby, small fridge, big flat screen TV and 2 complimentary bottles of water. Windows do not open for air. Personally didn't care for 2 thick pillows on a king. King beds need more than 2 pillows and these were thick and narrow. I didn't like that the decorator pillows were placed directly on the sheets. Very nice towels and linens. Lobby and elevators did have a strong citrusy scent but was welcoming and not loud at all to me. Parking was $5 extra and there was an outdoor pool. There was a bar and breakfast area (a la carte priced items and chef makes your eggs bar.) in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Traveldanse,

I enjoyed reading your comments about our hotel. Very nice I must say! Thank you and we wait for your return to the Aloft Hotel Tallahassee Downtown!

GM
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I LOVE staying at this hotel when in Tally. I believe the staff here has got it down. Customer service is A+, the staff is always smiling, happy, and going over and above to make sure my stay is always great. Reception, bar, kitchen, housekeeping, all are on top of their game. Rooms are spacious, well appointed, and clean. This hotel just feels comfortable from the moment you walk through the front door. I highly recommend the Aloft downtown Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have less traffic noise. The pizza at the bar is YUM and the bartenders are rockstar...
Dear McWrightBeach,

We are so appreciative for the A+ comments you left about our hotel!

thank you so much!

patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the hotel in plenty of time to unpack and head to the Civic Center to get a good seat for our son's graduation from FSU. The first room we were given was directly next to a barking dog--I asked the front desk to reassign us. The clerk said they were having trouble "getting rid of that room"--they were hoping we would be okay with the dog! I asked for a new room and explained why time was of the essence. She said she would sent someone up immediately to put us in a new room. After 10 minutes, I had to run downstairs and get the key--which turned out to be for an occupied room--that was embarrassing/dangerous! Twenty minutes later and we were finally in a room. We arrived at graduation too late to get a good seat....very poor customer service and, to top it off, the room was nothing special--I was expecting more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
jnbGeoriga,

We do apologize for the issues you had with us, I can understand how you feel. Our service is better than what you experienced. I hope you can give us another try!

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a great stay at the aloft hotel the weekend before Christmas. The hotel is located downtown on N Monroe Street and is close to everything. The hotel is very modern and very hip and our room was extremely clean, quiet, and comfortable. We had a great night's sleep here. We will definitely stay at the aloft again the next time we are in town!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were on the top floor on the back side of the hotel, away from the ele...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
grendelATL,

I am so glad you and a MERRY Christmas with us! Thank you for being our loyal guest and we can not wait for your return :)

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at Aloft for four nights for wedding activities. The rooms were great, but above all, the customer service was superb! EVERY employee we met, greeted us with a smile and was extremely courteous and attentive to our needs. I had spoken with Chariz several times prior to arrival, due to reservation adjustments for multiple rooms. He was most helpful and was there to greet me by name when we checked in. I think he recognized my voice. :) We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Debra P,

We are so happy to hear about your stay at the Aloft Downtown! I love this hotel and we are proud to serve and our location is perfect.

Come back soon!

Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Aloft in Tallahassee twice this fall, and both experiences have been wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable, and the downstairs bar and breakfast/snack areas are great for both an adult and a family experience. The downtown location is within easy walking distance to great restaurants and other activities and events, and parking is ample and safe. Thanks to the Aloft team for making our the experience worth the value.

Room Tip: pool view is quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Debra,

The Aloft Team is happy to hear you can have fun and do business at the same time! We are so happy you and your family enjoyed our Aloft. Please share with your family and friends.

patsy.pagan@alofthotles.com

Been to aloft Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!