“Great little fun home away from home getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Great little fun home away from home getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The lobby is a great place to hang out either alone or in a group. The rooms are fun, have whimsy and a touch of retro keeping it adult.
Erika in the bar is great.
All areas clean, friendly service available at all times.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
A home away from Home is a great comment about our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone!

Patsy Pagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Brandon, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

In a sentence: a well decorated motel 8. We stayed in a king suite and had problems from the moment we walked into the room. To start, there were brown and yellow stains on the carpet throughout the room. Every single one of the towels and wash clothes in the room had a brown, yellow, or beige stain on them. My husband thought we should just requested an additional set, but quickly realized, what I had already assumed, the new sets were equally disgusting. These extra towels did come in handy though since we now had something to cover the carpet with.

At this point I was uncomfortable & we called down to ask if we could leave without being charged. They quickly offered to switch us to a new room, however while this room had less stains in the carpet, there was more gooey black mold in the shower drain. Unfortunately, around this same time we also discovered that moving to another hotel was not going to be an option due to the massive number of people in town for the first FSU football game. So we prepared for our stay in this grim infested hotel by going to the local CVS to buy our own beach towels and sponges to bath with. Throughout our stay we also discovered mold in our room mini-fridge, two large (pee-like) yellow stains on our duvet and a black one as well. In addition the couch and chair in the room was covered with dust and crumbs. Finally, on our last morning there, we were greeted by a colony of ants on our bathroom counter. This is the worst, most filthiest, disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in & I will never stay in this line of hotels (or their parent company, the W) again!!!!

The only positive thing I can say about his hotel is that the staff is very courteous & professional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Stephanier,

Stephanie, I would like to speak to you over the phone about these comments you shared with us. This is not normaly what I would expect to hear from a past guest. I really would like to apologize and dig deeper to the issue you mentioned. Please call me as soon as you can so I can ensure my next guest do not get into the room you were in, which I do not know which you are speaking of. Thank you for letting me know that my team made you feel welcome during these issues you expereineced.

GM
850-577-5900 direct line
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

As soon as I got their staff was great! Our room had a nice view with good storage.
parking was good. The breakfast was good, but would of liked a bit more options.
I got a puppy when I was there, the ladies at the frontdesk where very nice to
let me use a doggie bed and bowls that I didnt think of. So just got to say thank you
in this review.

Room Tip: rooms on pool side a bit load when people there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Mar_rio1225,

Loved your comments about your stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with the world about your fantastic stay!

Come back soon!

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Absolutely first class! If you have never experienced the quality and service of a boutique European hotel, you must try aloft. The rooms totally pamper your every need for a relaxing stay. From the wonderful feather-beds to the ultra convenient bathroom features to the wide-spectrum tech support and storage amenities, aloft quality just has to be experienced. From the time you walk up to the kiosk check-in until it's time to depart, aloft staff will treat you like royalty. Nothing is too much to ask. We asked for additional towels and were given a stack of fluffy, thick bathsheets. We needed ice, and a bag of ice that more than met our needs was instantly sent to our room. The spectacular bar, back-lit and with a unique led light-infused drink counter is super hip and the bartenders will spoil you with mixology, snacks and appetizers. So now you're thinking $500 per night. Surprise! Our room tab was around $150 tax included - just amazing value! Have to give Eric at the front kiosk and Erica in the bar a special shout-out for spectacular, caring service. European hotel elegance is just around the corner.

Room Tip: Just check in - the staff will do the rest. Other than the usual "avoid elevator proximity"...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
VTskiDOC,

AWESOME comments! Thank you so much and I will be sure to share your comments with Ericka and Zareh. Your response is so appreciated. Please share with your friends and let us know when you will be back to stay with us!

At your service,

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed there while vising my kids at FSU.
Very good location, in downtown Tallahassee close to campus, modern, clean and comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast, super friendly and efficient staff. No problem whatsoever, we definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Vivi1000,

FSU Rocks! I am so happy to hear you will be visiting us for a while!

Thank you for your kind notes and we wait for your return!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Aloft Hotels are trendy boutique-style hotels with minimalist design features. As you enter the lobby of the Tallahassee location you hear the beat of electronica music and experience the buzz of laughter at the bar, a group at the pool table, and even more preparing their complimentary espresso, coffee or tea.

Our first experience a few weeks ago did not go well. On my profile I always ask for a room on a high floor and not near the elevator or vending machines (ice). When we checked in the clerk indicated our room was around the corner and down the hall from the elevator so we should be in a good spot. We noticed a rather large crowd of people and asked what event was going on. The clerk mentioned there was a fashion show scheduled at the pool later in the evening. But she assured me that it would end by early evening and not to worry about any noise. We checked into our room, dropped off our luggage, and then headed out for dinner.

When we returned we saw a lot of people at the pool from the fashion show sitting and talking. Then about 10:00 or 11:00pm we began to hear thumping music from the pool area. It wasn't a big issue until we decided to go to sleep at Midnight and the music was still blaring. I called the front desk at midnight and complained about the music asked when it would end. The clerk stated he would go out to the pool area and have it shut down. I called again at 12:30am and asked again about the music still playing. This time he told me it was from an adjacent hotel and they were having a roof-top party. To my recollection the nearest hotel is about 2-3 blocks away. The music finally stopped around 1:15am.

At around 6:30am we woke up to the sound of elevator motors and the constant "ding" of the bell. When I looked out our window, the left corner of our room was adjacent to the bank of elevators for our floor.

When we checked out I grabbed a business card for the GM and sent her an email regarding our stay. "Patsy" immediately responded and apologized about our recent experience. She assured me that our stay was not the norm and offered to provide a "comp" for a future stay.

We had an opportunity to stay at the hotel again and it was a totally better experience. Upon arrival and checking in the clerk read the notes and apologized for our previous experience. She stated our room was far from the elevator and suggested to call her if there was any issues when we got to our room and she would take care of it immediately.

We checked into our room at the end of the hallway and it was perfect. When we left for dinner, the same clerk asked if everything was OK in our room. When we returned she saw us again and welcomed us back.

On this stay we had no issue with noise or elevators. I went down to the lobby in the morning for a fresh cup of coffee and OJ and was greeted again by the same clerk. Wow, now that's service...

Apparently the first stay was a fluke.

Note when staying at Aloft. Do not take a room that end in "13". At least at this location, it's adjacent to the elevators.

We will definitely book another room at the this Aloft location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from and nowhere near the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear TravelMaven... we do know each other through your last experience.

Thank you again for giving us another try! I am so proud we meet your needs and hopefully you will be my loyal guest!

Many thanks again!

Conyers, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at this location recently. It is a nice area in the center of a college town. Staff was friendly. The only bad thing I have to say about this stay there was not anything inside the room about the amenities at the hotel or a room service menu. We had to call down for everything. The 1st night when we asked for silverware it took some one about 40 mins to deliver it. Through out our trip there was one wonderful lady that stood out in house keeping her name was Sonya Jiles. She was very nice and polite. I have stayed at many hotels properties and the house keepers were never polite and they hardly ever acknowledge people as they are passing by in the hallway but she did. Over all the stay at this location was nice. It is definatly a young vibe to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We love our guest that take the time to write about their stay!

Thank you for connecting the world to us!

patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com

Been to aloft Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!