“Avoid this place if you can” 1 of 5 stars

Value Place Tallahassee East
and 1 more site!
You added Value Place Tallahassee East to your Saves list
Value Place Tallahassee East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 Apalachee Parkway, Apalachee Pkwy & Capital Cir., Tallahassee, FL 32311   |
Special Offer
Summer Deals Await
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Albany, Georgia
“Avoid this place if you can”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband stayed here for 1 week when he started a new job in Town and could not find an apartment in time to move. The night manager on duty was very kind but the day manager was a totally different story. My hubby works night shift 11pm-8am, so naturally he sleeps during the day. The manager on duty during the day would continuously wake him 2 hours or so after he went to sleep because she got a call for a light bulb being out, and had the wrong room, but instead she inconvenienced my hubby so she could check the light herself instead of taking his word for it that she had the wrong room. My husband had made arrangements and asked the night manager before his check out date if it would be a problem to come back and get some sleep and check out on Sat evening before he left for work. This was not a problem with him, but the day manager was a totally different story. She pounded on his door 2 hours after he went to sleep, and kicked him out of the hotel. He explained the situation to her, but she would not listen to him at all, so he packed his stuff and loaded the car. When he went to make another trip up to his room to get the rest of his belongings, the day manager locked his room key out and he was unable to return to his room to gather his belongings. He spent 15 minutes looking for her to get her to open his door, and she refused! He started screaming at her saying "So you are kicking me out with 2 hours of sleep and you are refusing to allow me to get my belongings out of the room so I can leave?" She refused to speak to my hubby stating that he was being hostile.....well you would be too if you got woken up 2 hours after you went to sleep and being thrown out! After my hubby yelled loud enough to bring a crowd of people out of their rooms to see what was going only then would she agree to allow him access to his room to get the rest of his belongings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you are looking for a Residence Inn type hotel with the typical amenities, this is not the place. You do get what you pay for. It is a hybrid of a hotel and an apartment.

Positives: Staff is friendly and really does try to make sure your stay is good. The price - I rented on four-week cycles and it is a lot cheaper than an apartment with a lease and paying for everything like electricity, water, cable, etc. Convenience: The East location is close to a lot of reataurants, Wal-Mart is across the street, and shopping near by. The laundry is decent as well. They clean the room every two weeks. The hotel and the grounds are clean and well-kept.

Challenges: I was by myself, so I had the smallest room. It is advertised for up to two, but the bed is small as is the room and really doesn't accommodate more than one comfortably. The bed - it is hard and has no box spring but that is due to the added storage room under the bed. The TV - Simply put, it is small and hard to see and really outdated. The cable/satellite system. This is only fair. While it has a lot of channels, it lacks several, too. It would have been nice to have a PBS station available. Room for your clothes. Minimal at best - if you are here for any length of time you will truly live out of your suitcase. The Internet. This perhaps is the most annoying thing at Value Place. First, it is accessed by Ethernet Cord and is not wireless - bad to start with for a hotel. Second, many people bring their own routers and their system has trouble with interference from them. They charge $10 per week for this which I understand given the low price of staying here, but on the other hand is outrageous for Ethernet. Also without wireless, smartphones burn data minutes vs. using wireless. Supplies - once you go through the toilet paper, trash can liners, soap etc., you have to buy them yourself - that's the hybrid part of staying here.

All in all, Value Place is a good place to stay and I would recommend it for extended stays mainly because of the price. If you compare, you will see. I have been here going on three months and it works for me.

Room Tip: If you are two or more, get the largest room you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Elkton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

You get what you pay for is true in this situation. Although the place is clean the beds are small and hard. More like a bunkie bed with no box spring. They upgraded us to a room with two beds which was good because the two of us could not sleep together comfortably and we are not big people! We woke up at 3 in the morning burning up. Asked about the air conditioning and was told it was on a sensor to save money. So if you aren't up and about the air conditioner does not work. We had to go out and buy a fan. The commode will not flush unless you hold the handle down the whole time. Tv is so small you need a magnifying glass to see it. My white booties were dirty after a few trips across the carpet. The kitchen stove has a stove with two burners and microwave and fridge and sink. It is what it is.... Would rather have paid extra to have a nicer bed to sleep in and stay cool at night. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I am really concerned about the trash container not being closed at night. It is loaded with raccoon crap. I also noticed there tracks running down the sides of the building. The last 2 nights I went out and saw 3 raccoons on and in the trash bin. Very unsanitary. The other problem is the TVs are small and outdated. I am farsighted and shouldn't have a problem seeing the TV. Size is not the problem. Clarity is. It wouldn't cost to much to put a small LCD in its place. Other then that, which the raccoons are a HUGE problem, the place is pretty good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have been here for quite a while. I am retired from the State of Florida and am undergoing medical treatments. This has been a great environment for me to be in. The people here actually care about their guest, the hotel and that it is operated correctly. There have been times when I havent felt well and hadnt been seen in a couple of days. Robin the main manager called to check on me. I thought that was really nice. The staff is really wonderful. When I have issues with my room I call and shortly its taken care of. Sometimes as with any place there is noise or issues, but I just call and its taken care of. A young lady named Vashay cleans my room and she does a great job. The maintence man is very nice and is always working. The front desk has a new lady (Jaqueline)? she is doing a great job. Robin has been here forever and I dont get to see her as often as she goes between hotels but she makes sure things are going right. Things arent always perfect but for me this has been a great place for me to be. I would recommend it for anyone who doesnt want to pay ridiculous prices and just needs a place to stay.

Room Tip: They have a couple different styles of rooms. The bottom floor is non smoking
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Tallahassee East, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Value Place Management
Rogers, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. The first one was about a year ago and it was better that time than this. The rooms are spartan, but this is to be expected at the price. Here is the down side. Rules, they have lots of rules. You only get one set of towels for the whole week, unless you want to pay extra. We had a slow bathtub drain which we reported, on the second day but was not fixed during the week. The worst part of the stay was the noise. I was awakened on several occasions by noise in other rooms and one night by a guy in the parking lot at 2 am screaming about his key!

The office (front desk) is only open 9 am to 5 pm, if you are working away from the hotel as we were you can never see anyone in the front office. Oh, yes, you also have to put down a damage deposit. Maybe that is because of the noisy clientele!

It is a cheap room for a week, but be prepared to make some trade offs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Value Place Management
Tampa, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The appliances are kind of cheap, and the microwave doesn't really work very well. If you run into issues like keys expiring early, they won't apologize. The front desk was kind of a headache to work with, so I hope for your sake you don't have any problems. However, the night crew was pretty cool. They were fun to talk to, so if you have to talk to anyone I hope it's after hours. lol

FYI - a month is only 28 days, which is the shortest time that they could get away with a "monthly rate." That annoyed me. Their internet is SO SLOW. You can't load videos online, and they still make you pay $20/mo for it. Ridiculous.

The 3rd and 4th floors are smoking rooms, but they also have non-smoking rooms on the 3rd floor. If that matters to you, be really clear when you book that you won't stay there if they put you on the 3rd floor.

Overall, this stay was really unimpressive. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Tallahassee East, responded to this review, August 25, 2011

Value Place Management Team

Been to Value Place Tallahassee East? Share your experiences!