“One Angioplasty To Go” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steak N Shake

Steak N Shake
1459 Capital Circle N.W., Tallahassee, FL 32303 (Formerly Steak 'n Shake)
+1 850-574-3163
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Southern States
“One Angioplasty To Go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Leaving Tallahassee, heading home and hungry, there on the horizon appeared this oasis of red,white and chrome, a throw back to 50's diners of yore.Opting for my usual drive thru, I ventured outside my usual burger and opted for a "Frisco Melt". When I asked the order attendent about this, she really had no clue, no advice to give or take away. My order arrived rather quickly for a place notorious for long waits. My sandwich consisted of 2 thin "pucks" patties between grilled sourdough with a white a yellow cheese, perhaps onion particles, and a dressing that tasted suspiciously like bottled Russian. This combintation of flavors actually worked, leaving drips of grease and dressing running down my wrists! The fries were so non descipt we will let it go at that. When I fiished I was going to attempt the drive thru again for a shake, but I had been observing on car for over 15 minutes, so I figured they were back up to speed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tallahassee
“Good Food, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've eaten here dozens of times and always have a pleasant experience. The food is consistently good, and I like being able to dine in for basically fast-food prices, especially if I take advantage of specials or use the coupons that come in the mail. The waitstaff are all nice, and the manager comes by to check on the patrons. My favorite menu item is the steakburger, hands down my favorite burger from anywhere. I order it with cheese, mayo, pickle, onion, lettuce, and tomato, and before the first bite I raise it in salute to Roger Ebert, best movie critic ever, who loved S N S and wrote a description of the steakburger that is the most eloquent ode to a burger I've ever read. Chili 5 Ways is also great, as are the hot dogs. The Grilled Chicken Salad, with a side of avocado and light dressing, is always fresh and delish.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee
“Disorganized Chaos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and two granddaughters decided on Steak N Shake for an afternoon treat. We normally use the drive thru but decided on inside dining. About half full with families enjoying their meals. We were seated promptly and placed our order with our waitress. Burgers and shakes. Their speciality. Thirty minutes passed and no drinks or food. Forty five minutes passed and we finally located our waitress. She said she would check on our order. One hour from the time we were seated and we finally got our food. Nothing was right except for the shakes. I never received the burger I ordered. When I paid the bill I noticed the time stamp on my order. Forty five minutes after we were seated. Our waitress had walked around with our order in her pocket and failed to send it to the kitchen until we asked where our food was. I grew up eating Steak N Shake burgers and shakes. But I may change my diet after this experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great late night meal after the movies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Clean and friendly staff that was quick and eager to serve during an evening rush. Food was great as usual for Steak ans Shake. Loved the meal and people

Visited July 2013
Minneapolis
“The food is predictably good - the service is not”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I thought Sunday afternoon would be a nice time to enjoy a nice treat. When entering the restaurant, it took 5 minutes to seat us. With only 6 tables and 2 waitresses, this was a bit of a surprise.

We ordered a double steakburger and 5-way chili along with shakes. The shakes arrived immediately. We both finished our shakes and we were still waiting for our meal. The meal arrived about 30 minutes later. While the steakburger was fresh and tasty, the chili looked like it had been under a warming light for the entire 30 minutes. There was a hard crust along the top and the bowl was very hot.

As the meal was delivered, we requested extra chili sauce. While the waitress said she would bring it; it never arrived. Throughout the visit, waitress never checked on us. I have never seen such poor service in a restaurant that had 3 occupied tables per waitress.

• Visited June 2013