“Yum, Yum” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #169 of 667 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Paris, France
“Yum, Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I love the way all types of BBQ sauce is available already at each table. It was nice to try the varieties.

I had the bbq chicken salad and it was good. I would have liked shredded chicken instead of sliced but maybe that's just me. The food orders are huge and we left with enough food for another meal!

We liked our friendly server (who said she'd been there for years!).

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Sweet and Smokey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had the sweet and Smokey pork ribs, slaw and bar-b-q beans. The food was fresh and arrived just a few short minutes after I placed my order. The ribs and beans were served hot and slaw was very cool. Each tasted great. I drank diet-coke which was served in a very large cup. The soda mix was very good and the server kept the cup full.
Service was excellent. Upon entering the restaurant I was warmly greeted and taken to a comfortable booth. My server was very attentive but not smarmy. My only gripe is that the stereo system was too loud and sounded like an old fashion phonograph - just noise really. I suggest a upgrade of the system and maybe turn the volume down a bit.
Sonny's is a Southeastern chain, I've never have a bad dining experience at any of their locations. I can say that the food has varied from location to location but that variance was serving size and food temperature when brought to the table. Quality has always been very good.
I'll eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a party of 30 descend on them with very little notice. They sat us in a reasonable amount of time and took care of our group wonderfully. Our beverages were kept full, the food came out hot and the bills were correct in the end. Great experience!

Visited June 2014
Clearwater, Florida
“Tasty meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and had a very good meal. We had a combination plate to sample different things and they were all good. We tried all the sauces and really liked them. I think this is a good place to go for BBQ and the price won't kill you.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee
“Old Chicken”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

The Sonnys on Timberlane is the Worst ! Their chicken was at least a day old, dry, threw it away! Either they need the money so bad that they serve bad food or they don't care!

• Visited May 2014