“Very nice hotel plus great service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Very nice hotel plus great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay. Very nice room with the right amenities. Daniel was working at the Front Desk at the time of my arrival and he was great. He made me feel welcomed. He was very friendly and gave me very good information about the town. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice little hotel. Rooms are very nicelly decorated and well furnished. Location is very good and very convenient for Sawgrass Mills. Service very friendly. It was exactly what I was looking for: A non pretentious but pleasant, comfortable hotel. Sure I will return here in my next shopping trip to Florida.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bad Rappenau, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel several times before and I was always satisfied. However this time I realized significant issues with maintenance and cleanness. As other hotel guest wrote here as well the elevator is quite scary. The vending machine was nearly empty all the time. The toilet seat was just cleaned in the front area. Better you did not look towards the back of the toilet bowl. Most edges in our room were "round" cleaned. The room window was that dirty that you can get a clear outlook through it. The fridge was extreme loud. Very disappointing this time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nassau, Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I always stay here when I travel to Fort Lauderdale. Its conveniently close to everything yet away from all the hassle. There is great value for your money. Not too far from the Sawgrass Mills Malls and close to a shopping district. Great restaurants and a convenient gas station across the street. There is a nice spa in the plaza in front of the hotel. I just like the feel of everything there. I will admit they need to increase their variety when it comes to the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

bradenton, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Pretty Scary, dirty, elevator or hot water may or may not work, etc...trash bags left overnight stinking in stair wells, stains on carpet and couch. Bed mattress worn out, big soft spots, vent fan in bathroom noisy and dim light in shower

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked this through hotels.com and paid in full in advance. It was for a room with two double beds (we are four). We had bad luck and our flight was delayed. We arrived at the hotel at 2 am. And the room we already has paid for was not available. They gave us a room with one bed and a sleeping sofa.
And there is smoke smell everywhere.
Other than that room is ok. Has a microwave and refrigerator. Very old fashion. No ceramic cups to heat in the microwave (I hate to put plastic in it)
In my opinion too overpriced for what it is

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Marisaf14
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night in an executive king room. We were visiting my sister, who lives in the area and was having a baby shower at her home. My mother booked this hotel for us, so I immediately looked it up on Trip Advisor. I admit, I was a little nervous after reading the reviews. When we drove up to the hotel, we were surprised to find that there was another La Quinta across the street that looked much nicer. The one across the street had much better curb appeal with a huge fountain in front. Our La Quinta was just a regular building, no fancy fountain. The lobby was small. There were a few couches and a registration desk. There is a larger room to the right where the free continental breakfast is held in the morning. Breakfast was a nice selection of bagels, waffle station, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee and tea. The room ended up being nice. It had a microwave and small fridge. It was clean and it was fine for one night. There aren't too many places to eat around the hotel. There's a subway and an ikea across the street. There is also a Publix down the street within driving distance.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Meredisney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
3.0 of 5 stars 695 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise? Share your experiences!