“La quinta inn at saw grass” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13600 Northwest 2nd St, Sunrise, FL 33325   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Manizales, Colombia
“La quinta inn at saw grass”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great location, nice staff, good price, confortable rooms!! The saw grass outlet is 2 miles far, Ikea is located in the next block, parking included and also breakfast until 10.00am . I highly recomended it!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel had very comfortable beds but the walls were pretty thin so you could hear everything. The room was very clean. The breakfast was ok. There was a lack of plates and the silverware was flimsy plastic. But altogether I was happy with my stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Decent hotel with good rates. Got a discount on the room with AAA card. Excellent location for going to the mall or BB&T center. Beds were really comfy. Free breakfast consisted of waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, coffee, cereal. Nothing fancy but filled our bellies. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed October 2013
Barboursville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had an advance reservation for a particular type of room. When I arrived, I was initially greeted by Beth. Beth has a very bubbly personality about her and smiles all the time which is nice considering most people that I have encountered here in Florida are not very hospitable.
After looking my reservation up and checking me in, I was handed my room key's. I always physically check a room before I get my luggage to make sure that it is what I reserved(Executive King) and that it is clean.
I am a smoker, and I reserved a smoking room. The room that I was given, upon checking it appeared to be a non-smoking room so I went back to the front desk and asked. I was told that it is a non-smoking room. I am assigned to a different room now which in itself was not an issue until I arrived in the room to check it. As I opened the door, I was greeted by one of those industrial floor blowers trying to apparently dry the carpet/wall area by the window. Back downstairs I go again. I am not pleased at this point as I should not be the one to go and "check" the rooms to make sure they are habitable. This is when I ran into the manager Natali.
Natali realized apparently that I was not please and took it upon herself to check the next room I was being given. When Natali returned, she assured me that the room would be acceptable and followed me up to the room to make sure, and yes it was acceptable. The only other "issue" that I had and it really was no ones fault is the noise level during the daytime with housekeeping. They have a tendency to let the room door's slam shut. Now for most guest this is not an issue as they are gone during the daytime. I on the other hand work nights and sleep during the daytime. I did address this with the manager and she told me that she would talk to housekeeping so they would "hold" the door's instead of allowing them to slam shut. For the rest of my stay, I slept fine as there were no slamming doors.
Overall this is a nice hotel and I would stay again if in the area. The room decor is a little dated (60's/70's style) but the room's are clean and the bed/bedding are very comfortable. I found that all the staff are willing to do whatever is needed to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The breakfast is your typical continental breakfast. The only thing I noted is that the coffee machine at this location is turned off after breakfast, where most all other La Quinta's that I have stayed at (and trust me there have been plenty) leave this machine on 24/7 which I appreciate because I am a BIG coffee drinker.
Checkout was painless and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed here a few times when attending a concert at the BB&T Center, which is about a five minute drive away. Have always had a very clean room, friendly service and their prices can not be beat! Quiet location, spacious rooms, huge suites, great selection of television channels. And surprisingly enough some of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever experienced at a hotel! Staff is very willing to assist with any problems that arise.

Room Tip: The regular rooms provide enough ample space for any couple. The suites are very big! Two television...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

First time La Quinta experience, hotel was clean, comfortable, decorated nicely. Breakfast offered ample variety, and no waiting with dual waffle irons. Pet friendly. Will definitely look for La Quinta’s in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is very close to Sawgrass Mills, about 5 miles away. You can also buy stuff online and send them to the hotel. They will keep your stuff until the date of your arrival. The room could be cleaner, but it wasn't a big deal. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise? Share your experiences!