“Hotel Stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13600 Northwest 2nd St, Sunrise, FL 33325   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Sunrise
“Hotel Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel had very comfortable beds but the walls were pretty thin so you could hear everything. The room was very clean. The breakfast was ok. There was a lack of plates and the silverware was flimsy plastic. But altogether I was happy with my stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Decent hotel with good rates. Got a discount on the room with AAA card. Excellent location for going to the mall or BB&T center. Beds were really comfy. Free breakfast consisted of waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels, coffee, cereal. Nothing fancy but filled our bellies. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed October 2013
Barboursville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had an advance reservation for a particular type of room. When I arrived, I was initially greeted by Beth. Beth has a very bubbly personality about her and smiles all the time which is nice considering most people that I have encountered here in Florida are not very hospitable.
After looking my reservation up and checking me in, I was handed my room key's. I always physically check a room before I get my luggage to make sure that it is what I reserved(Executive King) and that it is clean.
I am a smoker, and I reserved a smoking room. The room that I was given, upon checking it appeared to be a non-smoking room so I went back to the front desk and asked. I was told that it is a non-smoking room. I am assigned to a different room now which in itself was not an issue until I arrived in the room to check it. As I opened the door, I was greeted by one of those industrial floor blowers trying to apparently dry the carpet/wall area by the window. Back downstairs I go again. I am not pleased at this point as I should not be the one to go and "check" the rooms to make sure they are habitable. This is when I ran into the manager Natali.
Natali realized apparently that I was not please and took it upon herself to check the next room I was being given. When Natali returned, she assured me that the room would be acceptable and followed me up to the room to make sure, and yes it was acceptable. The only other "issue" that I had and it really was no ones fault is the noise level during the daytime with housekeeping. They have a tendency to let the room door's slam shut. Now for most guest this is not an issue as they are gone during the daytime. I on the other hand work nights and sleep during the daytime. I did address this with the manager and she told me that she would talk to housekeeping so they would "hold" the door's instead of allowing them to slam shut. For the rest of my stay, I slept fine as there were no slamming doors.
Overall this is a nice hotel and I would stay again if in the area. The room decor is a little dated (60's/70's style) but the room's are clean and the bed/bedding are very comfortable. I found that all the staff are willing to do whatever is needed to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The breakfast is your typical continental breakfast. The only thing I noted is that the coffee machine at this location is turned off after breakfast, where most all other La Quinta's that I have stayed at (and trust me there have been plenty) leave this machine on 24/7 which I appreciate because I am a BIG coffee drinker.
Checkout was painless and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed here a few times when attending a concert at the BB&T Center, which is about a five minute drive away. Have always had a very clean room, friendly service and their prices can not be beat! Quiet location, spacious rooms, huge suites, great selection of television channels. And surprisingly enough some of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever experienced at a hotel! Staff is very willing to assist with any problems that arise.

Room Tip: The regular rooms provide enough ample space for any couple. The suites are very big! Two television...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

First time La Quinta experience, hotel was clean, comfortable, decorated nicely. Breakfast offered ample variety, and no waiting with dual waffle irons. Pet friendly. Will definitely look for La Quinta’s in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is very close to Sawgrass Mills, about 5 miles away. You can also buy stuff online and send them to the hotel. They will keep your stuff until the date of your arrival. The room could be cleaner, but it wasn't a big deal. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

8/21/13 i got to hotel at 9;30 am. i had a suite reserved but at that time there was nothing available not even regular room, so i asked what time is checkout she said 12;00 so i said i can wait, she said she will call my phone when it was ready. at 1;00 i asked her and she said room was half done...?? 1;30 pm she comes to me and tells me there is a king size available i told her why should i switch to a regular room if my suite was "half done"? 2;30 i asked her "if checkout is at 12 and you know there is somebody waiting for this room whats taking so long? she said they are working the other half...?????now she said they checked out late, i was at lobby all this time and i saw people leaving before 12 not after. by this time they were 3 families very upset with the waiting...no coffee was not even offered..she told the other family that the room was left a mess thats why it was taking longer! 12;45 i got my room...carpet with many stains, candy wraps under tv table at couch area , the ice bowl was sticky at the bottom like something had spilled on tray. at breakfast there was no pastries or muffins the 2 days i was there. the person there was not friendly at all. i asked him where the large plates were and he just pointed to the other area, the staff was not friendly or helpful at all, the lobby area had feathers from a pillow all over floors and couch the day i arrived i left 2 days later and they were still there, im an Elite member and will let them know my unsatisfaction

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise? Share your experiences!