“Convenient for Sawgrass Mills visitors.” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13600 Northwest 2nd St, Sunrise, FL 33325   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Sunrise
Copenhagen
“Convenient for Sawgrass Mills visitors.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the perfect location for a night or two if you are visiting the Sawgrass Mills outlet 10-minutes drive from the hotel. Easy access from the highway and in a nice area with lots of restaurants nearby. The hotel was quite nice and we got a spacious, nice and clean room but the common areas did seem a bit run down. We had booked and paid for a King size room but upon arrival we were told we could only get a room with two beds as some other guests had decided to stay longer. Not what you would expect but luckily we had only booked one night. The complimentary breakfast was ok but the coffee really horrible!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Booked last minute as I had to travel down to South Florida.

They are close to highway and restaurants. Hotel was nice, staff friendly and room was clean and comfortable. Bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. Room was spacious. Breakfast was adequate. My only complaint was the internet was slow and kept dropping signal, not good when you are trying to work. I would stay there again if the need arised

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Santiago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location near Sawgrass Mills Mall. Must say I wouldn't stay here again.
The room was OK... I mean, not exactly "neat and tidy", but decent, except for the couch, which was badly stained and looked filthy. There was an annoying sound in the bathroom if the light was turned on, and it smelled as if something was burning. No idea why.
We made a reservation for 2 adults and a small child. There was only a king bed, so we had to make the bed (once I went downstairs to pick up some sheets and a blanket) for our son. They didn't seem to care very much.
Breakfast was rather poor and the eating area not very clean. After breakfast, just before leaving, I realized there were a few crumbs and cornflakes on the floor that I didn't want to leave there, so I decided to ask one of the cleaning ladies if I could borrow a broom or something to clean that up. They couldn't have been more unfriendly. I was told to "get what I needed" from the storage room in a very rude way. After that, I was tempted to walk away without cleaning anything (the place wasn't exactly clean in the first place) but I didn't.
There's no way I'm ever going back to any La Quinta. Especially after what we payed for. 140 bucks a night, for this.... it must be a joke. We should have stay at the Hyatt Place. Same price and a world of difference.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oviedo, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a nice hotel, overall. The outside looks good. The lobby is large and inviting. We found the people at the desk to be friendly and helpful. Our room was a good size, seemed to have been cleaned well, and the bed was quite comfortable.

The reason for going with the Poor" (2/5) rating is that, throughout our two night stay, everything we encountered told us that the staff/management/whoever was satisfied that they had a nice looking hotel and had no interest in keeping up with the little things or going the extra step to provide a great experience.

- In our bathroom, the toilet paper roll holder was broken off and what was left was a small plastic or metal (don't remember now) piece sticking out of the wall where it used to be.
- The couch in the corner of our room had multiple, large, dark stains on the cushion. My wife and I were unwilling to sit on it because of how disgusting it looked.
- There was a small pile of trash in the corner of the elevator for more than 24 hours.
- Probably the worst part of the experience for us was breakfast. No real complaints about the quality/taste of the food available. The variety of choices available would have been adequate for a $60 per night hotel. At this price point, however, the spread should have been better.
Far more disappointing was how the staff kept up with the breakfast area throughout the morning. That is to say, they didn't keep up with it at all. The number of tables were more or less sufficient to handle the number of people eating at any one time except for the fact that the staff made literally no effort to clean off any of the tables either morning we were there. While I feel that the grown men and women staying at the hotel should have the decency to pick up their plates and walk them to the trash can when they were finished eating, the fact is they didn't. So, unless you were willing to collect and dispose of other guests plates, food scraps, mostly empty cups, and used plasticware and then wipe off the table of crumbs and pancake syrup, you had nowhere to sit to eat. To make matters worse, the counter that all the food was put out on was not cleaned at any point either. So crumbs, syrup, trash etc accumulated right in front of the food throughout the morning as well. The second morning, we just took the food back up to our room so that we would have a place to eat and not be grossed out while doing it

Most of the time, my wife and I stay at hotels much cheaper than this one because we're really almost never in the room except to sleep. We decided this particular weekend, since it was the first time in a long time that we were away together for the weekend, to "treat" ourselves with a nicer hotel. The building we stayed in was nicer and the bed maybe a bit more comfortable than at a significantly cheaper hotel. The former adds no actual benefit and the latter is not worth the price point. If I wanted to go to a hotel that had broken fixtures and stained furniture and where I had to clean up after other guests since the staff seemed unwilling, I would have done so for much less money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel to attend a hockey game and then go to the mall. Very nice hotel and clean. We had a nice view of the pond as well. The toilet in our room was not working right but we didn't report it. I wish we had booked a second night because we wanted to stay an extra night but it was sold out!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had to take an unexpected trip out to Florida for my husband for work. This is the hotel that his company chose. There is a bit of confusion for some people because when you go down the street there are 2 La Quinta's. There is one behind the gas station (the one we were at) and the one next to the Ikea.
The staff was excellent. There was an issue with a light bulb and a slow running drain in the bathroom. One call to housekeeping and it was fixed in less than 20 minutes.
The beds weren't the typical hard beds you find at some hotels. They were comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. The free continental breakfast was great. They had plenty of food and drinks for everyone that was down there. If you aren't careful you will have to wait for a place to sit in the morning but that doesn't take too long.
If we need to go back to Sunrise we will definitely be returning to this La Quinta.

Room Tip: The third floor is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

this was our first of three stays at LQ for our Florida vacation and it is certainly going to be our hotel of choice from now on. The service and customer service is OUTSTANDING. Rooms are comfortable and immaculate, plenty of fresh towels, coffee, etc. Nice continental breakfast makes it a great value for the price. I had a minor cut on the soap dish in the shower and mentioned to the front desk that I got some blood on the towels. They showed so much concern- had me fill out incident report, gave me directions to the nearest express care and even refunded the cost of the room..This was not necessary but a very nice gesture.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise? Share your experiences!