“Worst experience at the worst restaurant” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Worst experience at the worst restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

This is by far the worst we have ever been treated at any Hooters, any restaurant or any business.

The menu price for 50 chicken wings is 35.99, but was charged 39.99. Told the server and she told the manager.

The manager came to our table and yelled at us, saying that was the price on the old menu, but we have to pay 39.99. We pointed out that every menu at our table had the 35.99 price. We then asked for his name.

The manager started to yell at us even louder. He yelled at us that we are cheap and then yelled at us that he had no way to adjust the price (which was an outright lie) and he just kept yelling. We had to point out to the yelling manager that he was causing a scene at his own restaurant. He looked around and saw everyone staring at him and he stormed off and adjusted the price on the receipt, even though he was yelling that a price adjustment was not possible.

This was by far the worst we have ever been treated at any Hooters, any restaurant or any business.

It is a ridiculous for a manager at a restaurant to be yelling at clients and causing a scene, especially when the manager is completely wrong. It is also completely unacceptable for the manager to be calling clients cheap.

The manager we encountered is 10 times worse than the manager that was on the Hooters Undercover Boss.

To make things worse, since the manager knows he is going to be in a lot of trouble when we report him to Hooters, he cancelled the receipt so we were not able to use the receipt on www.tellhooters.com to report him.

We will be calling Hooters corporate as soon as they are available and won't ever be going to that Hooters location again or any Hooters restaurant for a long time.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“What happened??????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This location used to be one of the best Hooters in the country. I returned and I was severely disappointed. I still can not believe how this location has deteriorated.

I arrived there for lunch with my nephews who have never been. I figured I would take them to have some good fresh wings. They have become accustomed to Cheesecake Factory, J Alexander, Capital Grille, etc for lunch after school. My expectation for them to have a good atmosphere with waitresses that are children friendly and good clean fresh food. Unfortunately, they failed us.

Upon arrival, the staff did not have that cheery persona that you are used to seeing at any Hooters in the country. The food took an extremely long time to arrive to the table. The worse part is that the food was lukewarm. What happened to the days when the restaurant was busy and the food still arrived to the table hot and full of flavor?

The end result is that I was in the bathroom for most of the afternoon and I will never eat at this Hooters again. Letter has already been sent to corporate.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Do better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Been to this resturauant a couple of times, it ok and I'm comparing this to Jacksonville, fl hooters and downtown ft.lauderdale hooters. First off u seat your self which I think is bad business, plus there was nobody at the door to greet you. Food was nasty, and the manger was not a manger he let the girls do what they wanted to do. I will not go to this location ever again. Don't go if u want good food, and don't ho if u like good service.never again

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“BEST PATIO BAR IN SUNRISE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Love having a beer on the patio bar. This is a great local hangout. Have been going there for 22 years.

Visited July 2013
“Only chicken wings I like”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Hooters has spoiled me where I just don't like anyone else's chicken wings lol!
The Hooters location in Sunrise is better than ever. I was last there Dec 20th of last year. I went to the CA Bay Area to work and have been craving my wings with blue cheese dressing on the side. They also have a very nice tater tots appetizer that's really good and I love their steamed shrimp with drawn butter and cocktail sauce on the side. Really nice on a week day during the slow time of day lol!
Service is top notch and the waitresses really care that you enjoy your food!
Looking forward to staying at Hooters Hotel in Vegas when I go .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere