“Great value all round (except Wireless Internet)” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13651 Northwest 2nd Street, Sunrise, FL 33325   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great value all round (except Wireless Internet)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed for three days on business and was impressed with the quality of the rooms and hotel, generally, for what I paid. I found the staff helpful and friendly, breakfast was fine and free USA newspaper daily. My only bugbear was the terrible Internet speed (<1Mb download on a good night). I confirmed this with technical support who had to reset my router before it could even connect properly. It's the same speed across the road, where a sister LaQuinta is also available. It's a shame, because I have to access my work while I am on the road and my laptop wouldn't connect at such low speeds. Otherwise I'd rate 5 stars and definitely return again if they fix the slow Internet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this property in August. We flew in from Toronto to shop at Sawgrass Mills for 2 days then we were taking a cruise. We booked this online using Expedia which lists this as a 3 star property.

We pulled into the hotel parking lot and it looked bright and new. As we were checking in the receptionist advised us we were at the wrong property. Apparently, the one we were booked at was directly across the street adjoining the gas station. Same hotel name - same owners. So we drove across the street only to find a terrible looking hotel clearly under renovation and not newly renovated. There was a crowd of shady guys in the parking lot......I was reluctant to proceed. I asked the receptionist if we could go back to the first property since it was owned by the same company and she said i would lose my prepaid room and would have to pay again and pay more. Sadly, we checked in.

There are fans blowing air in the hallways to absorb moisture. The room smelled like mold, was dark and dingy. It clearly wasn't cleaned as there was still someone else's hair in the shower. The doors were paper thin and as a result we were up all night due to the noise in the hallway til around 4am. In the morning when I mentioned this to the receptionist she advised me to call the front desk if it happens again "as they kick people out all the time."

The so called gym had no equipment that worked - in fact nothing was even plugged in....

It was a terrible stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have stayed several times at both La Quinta Sunrise, and we always enjoy it. All the staff are very kind and resolve any problem what we could have. I really recommend to stay there. Excellent rate according services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The website states this hotel in "Newly Renovated" when in fact it is under renovation. The rooms smell of mildew or mold and there are carpet fans lining the halls in an attempt to get the odor out. Service was great but they should not falsely advertise this hotel as newly renovated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!