“Fantastic Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

You added Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13400 West Sunrise Boulevard, Sunrise, FL 33323 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale at Sawgrass Mills Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
London, Canada
“Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel because it was the closest one located to the BB&T Center where we saw the Panthers NHL game. The hotel staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was excellent. The pool was clean and great for the kids. The lobby was nice. The bar in the restaurant was staffed with very friendly people. Our hotel room was clean. I highly recommend becoming a Hilton Honours member - well worth it !!! Faster check-in, some perks in the room and you get a higher floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Cary, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our visit was welcomed with a smile and warm cookie at the front desk! Simple but much appreciated touches when arriving tired and hungry at the hotel. Our room was a good size and clean, with refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast buffet has a decent selection with attentive staff. Overall, pleasant stay. I'll return when back in the area!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I would like to commend Regina on her superb service. She did an excellent job in coordinating my shuttle service to my business meeting. She wrote out my itinerary with each action, indicating the events and times as well as contacting me throughout each task. My meeting was a success do her detailed plan. Please give her the credit she deserves.

Tim McGahan-President
Network Financial Services, Inc.
608-838-4400

Room Tip: Call Regina.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! Regina will be recognized for her hard work.
St.Andrew, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice Hotel .Located at a very convenient location. The hotel is clean and I would definitely stay there again. I would also recommend to a friend. Staff in the restaurant is friendly and also the front desk .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

New Port Richey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I attended a weekend seminar at the hotel with my husband. The restaurant is terrible. We should have known because whenever we went in there, despite the fact that the hotel was full, hardly anyone was using the restaurant. The food was pricey and poor quality. The service was even worse. One evening there was one table occupied when we got there. A couple with a baby was standing there waiting to be seated when we got there. We waited a few minutes and no one came to seat either of us, so I had to go through the restaurant calling to see if anyone was there. There were multiple tables with dirty dishes on them when we got there and when we left, they were still not cleared. The hotel housekeeping staff didn't get around to cleaning our room until very late in the afternoon and gave us only one washcloth and didn't leave a spare roll of toilet paper! Overall, I expected more from a Hilton hotel, especially after spending $150 plus per night. The manager comped us for one night, but I definitely would not stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing about your concerns regarding your recent trip to our hotel. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with your accommodations and in Peytons Place. Despite the mishaps we hope that you give us another chance in the future.
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

room was large clean and very comfortable staff aims to please The pool and spa were crystal clear and our overall experience was wonderful The food was good and the waiters were very attentive. They had shuttles to take you shopping and pick up points at different locations in the mall. This hotel was a pleasure to stay in . not one complaint

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing your next time.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here Tuesday night for the night. This place was just alright. It was clean, room was fine for what I needed, and that's it. The best part was the shuttle to the BBT Center. I was getting ready to go out and someone just opened our room door and walked in. I got a bad feeling about safety and called downstairs. Apparently, the desk person didn't check us in, yet assigned us a room and gave us a key. Supposedly the person at the desk checked me in by phone while I was in the room.
Now, I look at my hotel charges, and the credit card bill is different from the bill that was slid under the door. I don't know...I've had to check everything and follow up. I have a call in now to them but had to leave a message. I just hope someone calls me back soon. Their location is awesome, and I'd stay again, but I just feel I have had to do too much work for this one night stay. Grrr....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
First, we would like to thank you for writing your review of our hotel though it does not appear to have been a comfortable stay. Secondly, we would like to apologize on behalf of everyone at the hotel of the multiple inconveniences you experienced during your visit. The concerns mentioned in your review will be discussed with the appropriate departments to help assure these incidents do not become a continuous occurrence. We would love to have another opportunity to show you what we have to offer as to instill your confidence back into our brand.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!