“Find a Holiday Inn - anywhere but here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

You added Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13400 West Sunrise Boulevard, Sunrise, FL 33323 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale at Sawgrass Mills Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bradenton, United States
“Find a Holiday Inn - anywhere but here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place was horrible. Unclean room, stained sheets, non-working television. The staff tried to be helpful but it was too little too late. The hotel is only operated with the key card but no one bothered to tell us so we stood for 5 minutes on Floor 4 in a panic thinking the elevator was stuck. The breakfast buffet is the standard fare that other hotels offer free with stay but they charged quite a bit per person. We did receive a cookie at check-in which was very unique but after that everything went downhill FAST.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I'm very sorry about your experience with our hotel. This is not up to par as you can see from the other reviews and I'm not happy we let you down. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel and I would like to talk to you about your stay. I hope you come back so we can show you how we really do things around here to make our guests happy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Flushing, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business trip. Began not so good, then improved.

Not so good: Got lost trying to find the place as entrance is hidden. Front desk staff were competent,but not great. Usually as a silver member I can get a free bottle of water at most 3-star Hilton hotels. Not so here. They give you a cookie I won't eat (allergic) with the option to purchase more (no thanks.) At 88 degrees, I would prefer water to a warm cookie.There was water in the room for $4 a bottle. This is a Doubetree in Sunrise, not the Waldorf. I bought water at the grocery store.

A/C was rather difficult to get the room really cool. It was OK, not great.

On a positive note, Nanecie was terrific at breakfast, even while Jose, the restaurant manager, was on vacation. The food and service at breakfast were excellent. It was the best part of my stay.

Shutte service to nearby venues was greatly appreciated, free except for tipping the driver. So convenient!

On the whole, I was pleased with my stay. For more than a few days, there are other Hilton hotels, nicer and better, for the same cost, such as the Boca Raton hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors on lake side are not as noisy. Paid extra for a lake view, but I think it was worth it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We give all levels blue, silver, gold and diamond memebers two free waters in the room I'm sorry that we missed yours. If anyone stays at our hotel as a Hilton Honors member you get two bottles of water free in your room just ask us for it if we missed it the day you checked in.
St. Augustine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is wonderful, staff is great. The breakfast buffet was amazing and all of the service staff and management went above and beyond to ensure we were taken care of. The hotel is close to the BB&T center and they even provided shuttle service free of charge. The shuttle got us to thw venue on time and we were picked up promply after the concert and were back at the hotel in less than 15 minutes, even in the crazy event traffic :)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi and thank you so much for your review. We are the perfect hotel to stay for a concert and I'm glad you had a great time. See you again soon.
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked the Hilton for a 2 night stay to attend a concert nearby! From the moment we arrived, I immediately felt the level of service was lacking! It really felt like the staff were at work and just going through the motions of their job! No passion, no sincerity, and quite frankly very flat interactions.
Had quite a negative interaction with the front desk supervisor and ended up walking away to avoid the conflict. She later upon my departure apologized as she admitted she was not appropriate and offered me compensation for my stay. That was very kind, but just confirms the way I felt upon entering.
Jose, F/B Manager of the restaurant was very pleasant as was Naneice who waited on us both mornings for the breakfast buffet. Two positive additions to this hotel!
Would be nice to have the bar area staffed between meal services for those wanting a refreshment!
Breakfast buffet was nice with a wide selection of choices, well presented. Best part of our stay!
I am highlighting the positive, but the overall experience was not as I had intended or hoped.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I'm sorry about your interaction with the front desk staff and am addressing it with all my managers and supervisors. We try really hard to give good service and I take this to very seriously and am glad you wrote about it. I'll also make sure to share with the restaurant staff how happy you were with them.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for business; checked in late, staff was helpful, room was clean, free parking nearby. Much better value than the comparably priced hotels in the area. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Miami Lakes, FL., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The best service from Claudius at breakfast in the morning to the ladies at the bar at night and the staff at the reception desk , Alex, Kiram, Robert and others that I can not remember. To All Thank you.

Milton, MA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for my sister's wedding and was incredibly surprised. Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. My room was clean and spacious. Great location. Incredibly well priced for the amenities you receive. Plan to stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!