“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

You added Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13400 West Sunrise Boulevard, Sunrise, FL 33323 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale at Sawgrass Mills Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Customer service was amazing! I recently stayed at the Doubletree on a business trip and was very pleased! Everyone working was friendly, curtious and went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

The front desk staff greeted me by name each morning and offered to help me with anything I needed.

The bar/restaurant was fun. Jose (Mgr) greeted me by name and always remembered what I liked to eat and drink. Robyn was a phenominal bartender. The chef completed my special requests (vegetarian) by tailoring items on the menu. Food was excellent.

I would not think twice before going back again :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. I will recognize the staff you mentioned and make sure they know you sent in a review. See you on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Quick 1 night business trip. Upgrades to 10th floor suite as a Hilton Diamond member. Suite was like an apartment! Very nice. Room was silent - a/c worked wonderfully. View overlooked small lake and mall. Asked front desk staff for safe places to run (early in the morning) of which they provided two suggestions. Room service attendant was very helpful - food was delivered quickly and even accomodated a bit of a special order. Evening and Morning front desk staff - both were excellent. Yes I would stay here again and hope we win the business so I can!

Only negative - The Hilton Lounge was a very big disappointment. Not staffed, very tired room, looked more like a dormitory gathering place - discarded pop cans - torn wall paper - there would be no way I would take a client in for a conversation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 week work-related stay. Several colleagues and I had dinner in the hotel restaurant after a long day and had the pleasure of meeting Barbara, one of the hotel restaurant's serving staff. She did a great job with taking care of us and making us feel welcomed and "at home" despite actually being so far away from home.. Thanks for the great service and the attention to detail you provided us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed a 5-night stay at the DoubleTree Sunrise during a recent trip to S. Florida. This location has easy access to the Sawgrass Mills Mall which is located across the street and offers a free hotel shuttle ride to and from the mall. The hotel is also conveniently located near banks, grocery stores, gas stations, and a WalMart. The rooms are comfortable and feature a microwave and mini fridge. I rented a car and was happy to know parking at the hotel is free. I only ordered room service once during my stay but it was very timely and delicious.

My only complaint is that after checkout, I needed to use the lobby's computers to print out my boarding pass, there are only three computers, two of which are connected to the printer, and all three computers were being used by teenagers to chat on Facebook and use Twitter. I had to sit and wait almost 40 minutes for one of the two computers connected to printers to become free before I could print my boarding pass. I believe there should be a time limit set on at least one of the computers so travelers such as myself have easy access to print and go. Because of this, I was basically racing to the airport to make it with enough time to return my rental car and go through security.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you go to this bar talk to Robyn she is awesome. Best service I have ever received! The bar is amazing!!! I am in love with Robyn she smells like roses!! I suggest everyone attend this bar immediately!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friday night Karaoke rocks! Get there early this one starts at 6pm. You should hear this 14 year old girl sing. She is really good. We stay here a lot and our family enjoys the Karaoke shows. Barbara will make your kids laugh and give you good service too. We will be back soon as hockey season starts. Go Panthers!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

It is only average due to our dinner experience at the restaurant. Overall, property is very nice. This was a very nice Doubletree. It was much better than the one I stayed at in Mt. Laurel, NJ. It was very well maintained. The front desk service was very good. My room was very clean with a comfortable bed. We stayed here on business for one night. No free wifi which is disappointing. This shoud be a standard for this level of hotel.

Since we got in late, not many choices for dinner, so we ate at the hotel restaurant. The food choices were marginal. Our service was very poor. The server was unfriendly and unhelpful when we asked questions. A very mediocre dinner at best. I had breakfast at the same restaurant due to convenience. It was a much better service experience, although it was the typical buffet and costly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!