“Peyton's Place great place To Eat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

You added Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13400 West Sunrise Boulevard, Sunrise, FL 33323 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale at Sawgrass Mills Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
“Peyton's Place great place To Eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The server Robyn does a excellent job with the customers! Great service and prompt attention to your dining needs at the hotel! It's a great place to eat and dine.

Recommend Payton's Place for dinner and after work events

• Stayed August 2012
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I will make sure we recognize Robyn she is AWESOME and we get so much great feedback about her service. See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This has been my 8th visit to this hotel in the past year and every single time I visit, the staff is extrememly accomodating from the moment you check in to the moment you leave. Gwen from the front office is always a delight to work with and Rami from Sales has been very accomodating to our event which has changed a few times. Robyn in the bar was always friendly as well and esnured excellent service each time I stopped in. Traveling weekly can sometimes be stressful but the staff at this hotel makes you fell at home each and every time no matter if its just a one night stay or you are planning an event. I would recommend them hands down for your south florida needs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. I will make sure that we recognize the staff members you mentioned. See you on your next trip.
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed for one night while in the area for meetings and was there for a little over 12 hours, but it was perfect for my purpose. The hotel is a quick drive from the Fort Lauderdale airport. There is a lot to do in the area, and the hotel is located across from the Sawgrass Mall. The warm cookies received a check-in were a nice surprise. We were looking for a clean, safe, and quiet room to rest before our meetings and we got it. The bathroom was large enough and the coffeemaker was a nice touch. There was also a mini fridge but we did not use it. The gym was very clean, adequately air conditioned, and contained newer equipment. The breakfast buffet was very good (eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc.) and the staff could not have been nicer. The shuttle promptly delivered us to our meeting in the morning and we did not have to rent a car. This is not a luxury hotel, but if you are looking for a reasonably priced yet clean, safe, and quiet place to stay this is a nice option.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. Look forward to seeing you next time.
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great stay. Went to the Cirque du Soleil "Dralion" at Bank Atlantic. Had the typical massive Florida thunderstorms so we bought a bottle of wine, some cheese and sushi and dined in the room which was very clean and comfortable. Beds clean, crisp and comfortable. Down to the hot tub after the venue. Sweet. Staff attentive and helpful. Shopping at a most beautiful mall the next day. So much to do nearby.

Stayed July 2012
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are a great choice for anything Bank Atlantic Center soon to be BBT Center related. I hope you see us again next time you are coming shopping or to an event.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Let me say upfront that I would agree wholeheartedly with other reviewers comments about the front desk staff's attentiveness to customer service, free covered parking as well as beautiful, well-maintained common areas. Although I don't believe he's the general manager, I'd also agree with another reviewer's glowing comments in regards to Josh at the front desk. The rooms themselves are roomy, well appointed as well as furnished and equipped nicely. And, I did eat two meals at the hotel's restaurant. Both were quite good and relatively inexpensive.

From there, my review diverges. When I checked in,the first room I was given had the sofa bed mattress out on the floor leaning on the end table in the living room area. When I returned to the front desk, Josh apologized profusely and upgraded me to an even larger suite as well as insisted I have a complimentary drink at the restaurant. That was all good. However, the next room had issues as well.

I stay at either Hiltons, Hyatts, Marriotts or Intercontinental hotels while traveling on business. I would say this was the most disappointing stay I've had this year in terms of room cleanliness and maintenance. The carpet in the second room had not been vacuumed between stays or was done poorly, there were two short black hairs in the bath lav sink upon arrival, there was a small amount of unknown substance on the bedspread, there was a piece of tape that stayed on the BR door jamb my entire stay, part of the LR drape was off the hook causing it to sag, 11 of 12 lamp shades were askew upon arrival, etc. Now, none of this in and of itself was a major problem, but it clearly was below those standards that I would expect from this type of hotel.

Also, although the room are very nicely furnished, the furniture is beginning to show its age with many edges missing stain where worn from use. It's a relatively quick, inexpensive fix to refinish these edges to make it look like new. Having been in a related business for many years now, I know the cleanliness and room readiness issues are just lack of management's attention to detail and training.

If I were to return to the Ft. Lauderdale area in the near future, I would hesitate to stay at this hotel because of the above-referenced items. That's the first hotel I've stayed in this year where I'd make that statement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your review we appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you experienced our great service and friendly staff. I am sharing your comments with our houskeeping and maintenance managers and staff and will continue to always try and improve our product. We recently moved into the top 10% of all Doubletree by Hilton Hotels for overall service and experience and want to stay there so we will take your comments to heart.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for many yrs. It was in desperate need of a total renovation.
However,,what they are describing as a recent renovation is not the case. I just stayed
there this week,,and was quite disappointed. The only changes were the lobby,
2 new chairs in the rooms, and another new piece of furniture mixed in with some old and
worn pieces. The carpeting is in horrible condition,,many stains,,and was not replaced.
The carpet in the hallways is new,,,why they didn't replace the room carpeting is beyond
comprehension.

The only reason to stay here is location. But for me, now that no longer applies. There
are several other hotels in the area that have been newly updated and offer the same
amenites.

The service is great,,and that is a plus. But, for the future,,i will have to stay elsewhere.
Maybe they will eventually replace all the old furniture and carpeting,,.but, there is no
way i would walk on the carpeting without shoes.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. You are correct and spot on the only two things in the rooms we did not do was the carpet and desks. These two remaining items are scheduled for replacement in the first part of 2013. We did not replace the carpet at the time because it was not at the end of it's useful life and while green in color our carpets are very clean and are not stained or worn. We also put in a brand new work out room, breakfast area, Directv programming with over 120 HD channels and the Doubletree Sweet Dreams bedding package. Try us again after the first of the year we'd love to have you back!
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Landed in Miami airport Friday late afternoon, wanted to drive to Orlando next morning.
We planned on spending a few hours at the Sawgrass Mills Mall, before going to bed (have learnt this is a great way to beat jet-lag!)
Since we often use the Hilton chain, this came up as a perfect pick.
And - indeed it was.
The staff was extremely friendly, and we immediately felt at home. Check-in was a very nice surprise indeed - fast and extremely friendly. Free parking was just on the other side of the street. Wifi included as well.
Might seem a bit worn down, but for our purpose, this was notan issue.
Going back again - this will be on our list again as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your response. We are going to replace our guest room carpet early 2013 and I'm sure that will fix the worn issue. The carpet is not worn out but it is a dark color which is not trendy but we do keep it very clean by a professional carpet cleaning company on a regualar basis. See you next time you are in town!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!