“Great German Food and a Great Value At Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bradenton, Florida
“Great German Food and a Great Value At Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We just tried this restaurant for the first time. We try to always test them at lunch to avoid a costly disappointment. This restaurant has a very reasonable lunch menu. We found the service to be attentive and the food was excellent, authentic made-from-scratch German Food. Who could get excited over Sauerkraut? Well it was the best I have ever had. Schnitzel, pan fried potatoes, dumplings, roast pork, everything was great. Lunch portions were enough that we could not eat dessert. We are told their desserts are great as well. Maybe next time, we will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lyndonville, Vermont
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

After doing some shopping in Beals, we walked past this little restaurant and decided to try German food for a change. It was late in the afternoon, and when we walked in the waitress asked if we had a reservation and I thought she was kidding since most tables were empty. We found out that after 5:00 there would be music and all the tables were reserved for after 5. The restaurant is small but very clean,. The waitress recommended a light German beer which was tasty. We found the food very good. Hungarian goulash reminded me of what my mother used to make but the mashed potatoes were bland. It would have been nice to receive some warm bread with our meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Rude owner,ive noticed they don't keep anyone past 90 days....Food was cold.won't be back great servers disappear for no reason,chefs as well. Terrible place to eat:(

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“I would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch on a Saturday. If you didn't know it was there, you would miss this place. It is in a shopping center and could easily be passed by. The restaurant is small but has very interesting decor including a large metal armor.

The service was good since we arrived after the lunch crowd but meant we had to order from the dinner menu. They offer a good variety of beer though I felt their wine selection was limited. If you want to get a buzz from just one drink, try their German Sangria (to me not a Sangria at all) which has lots of alcohol and a good bit of fermented fruit in it.

Their menu is large and offers a variety of German and other types of food. We ordered German and while it was good, I have had better. I felt my potato pancakes and Schnitzel were over cooked. My husband ordered the Schweinebraten which he said was tough making it hard to eat.

The best thing we ate was the dessert which was tart berries in
a cream sauce.

All in all though, I would go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
White Hall, Illinois, United States
“Good food. Slow service (today)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stopped in around 5 pm on a weekday. The waitress asked if we had a reservation. The place was almost empty. She seated us and brought our drinks right away (wine and a 36 oz draft). The only beers are German and the wines are generic. However, both beer and wine were good. The menu is pretty big. We ordered (pork steak and sauerbraten). Our plates came very fast. That was the last we saw of our waitress however,

The meals were excellent. I loved the sauerbraten and red cabbage. My wife's potatoes were pretty bland but she said the pork steak was good.

When we finished, the place was full and new arrivals were told there was a 1/2 hour wait. I told some of them that we would be out as soon as we got our check. That, however, took over 1/2 hour. There were two servers. 12 tables. Our server seemed to be doing nothing but drawing beer. After about 1/2 hour, I flagged her down.

The dinner for two, with two drinks, was about $50. Not bad for what we got (good serving size). If service could be sped up, they'd be able to handle many more customers.

All-in-all a pleasant place to visit. Next time I'll be sure and make a reservation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere