“Good place for seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Summerfield, Florida
“Good place for seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We eat here when we want seafood and don't want to drive. The food is always great, but it's a mostly fried menu. They do serve beer, but bottled only and no "Happy Hour" specials. A daily favorite is the "All you can eat" shrimp for $14.99. They also have great fried green tomatoes.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good Down South Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The catfish was great. If tasted fresh, the grease didn't taste old, and the portion for more than fair for lunch. The hush puppies were excellent. The green beans were no quite to my likening. A bit too much on bacon and lacking in flavor. The price was also fair. This is not a gourmet eatery, but most of the food really is good.

Visited February 2014
Oshawa
“Friendly staff, good service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Considering this place is located inland, the seafood is quite good. We were impressed with the variety on the menu since nothing would be a 'catch of the day'. I was part of a large group and the staff accommodated us well. Everyone was pleased with their meals, the service and the atmosphere. I had the grilled mahi and found it to be a thin piece of fish on a bed of rice that was too fine. I ordered a baked potato for a side and it was the biggest thing on the plate! The whole meal was good and it was filling but I was not impressed since the place boast seafood - others really enjoyed the scampi, scallops, etc so maybe I shouldn't have ordered fish. In any case, the fact that you could order your food grilled, fried or broiled was a big plus!! Lots of choices of sides and free ice tea! I'm not writing it off yet. I will return and try something else on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We recently came here looking for a casual spot to have lunch. We were very impressed. The seafood was good quality, considering not being near the ocean. I had the broiled cod, my daughter had the grilled mahi, and my mom had the fried shrimp. They were all lunch specials and were all very good. The hushpuppies that they came with were huge, and the service was decent.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
northern Virginia
“Stop in for your seafood fix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Located at the north end of The Villages on Hwy 441, and not many places nearby to get a seafood fix, so having seen their ads in the local paper I thought I'd stop by. It was almost 2pm but there was still a steady stream of customers stopping by for a later lunch, like me. I like the homey, New England décor, and casual atmosphere. It's in a strip shopping center across from Wal-Mart so we're not talking a shiny new chain clone here. There's always Cracker Barrel down the street for those folks.
The waitresses were cheerful, the service prompt, and the cashier was genuine in asking about my experience. I chose the popcorn shrimp, of which I should have taken home a "to go" box, but didn't. They melted in your mouth and I decided they would taste better now rather than reheated. In my defense, I chose green beans and cole slaw as sides, rather than fries. Only the hush puppies were rather heavy and lukewarm. No problem, after one bite, I was glad to forfeit them for the plateful of shrimp anyway.

• Visited September 2013