“Ordinary Food!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Description: (352) 693-2006
The Villages, Florida
“Ordinary Food!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I had lunch there 4/16/13 with a 2-4-1, buy 2 beverages deal. When we arrived about 1pm the place was hopping. We were seated in a matter of minutes and Ashley took our drink order. We ordered the butterfish entree and fish & chips. The salad was good, and the bluecheese dressing was excellent! I requested some bread and butter which was promptly brought but had no flavor, wasn't warm, nor was there any crunch to the crust. The highlights were the bluecheese dressing, the fried haddock and the excellent service. The restaurant seemed very clean, attractive and well run, but the overall quality of the food came up a little short? I'll probably give them one more chance, but there's a lot of competion around The Villages for a good meal at a reasonable price. A good value will keep them coming back, but it has to taste good!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Summerfield, Florida
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We must have just visited this restaurant on the wrong day. Our server kept telling us that "Your bread is on the way". After we had finished our meals and drinks our server brought us our checks. She immediately returned with our bread and said, "Sorry, I forgot". We haven't returned after that.

Visited December 2012
Ocala
“No Go area!!!!!!!!! Stay AWAY!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Sunday March 24th. 2013

We were a group of 6 friends that had a meal at Taverna Red in Summerfield. What a DISASTER. This is my first review ever because it was my worst diner ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The waiter (Trevor?) sat down at our table to take the orders, making jokes that nobody laughed about, and he made us wait a long time to bring the drinks.
The salad was ok but unfortunately the bread that had to come with it arrived after we almost had finished the entrees. We had to ask several times to get this bread and extra drinks were not easily to get either. Meanwhile Trevor had a ball chatting with clients who were about to leave.
Most of the entrees were served cold and what's worse TASTELESS. 4 entrees consisted meanly of overcooked unsalted PASTA and in my sauce I discovered 1 small slice of pepper and 2 small pieces of a mushroom. It's always a bit difficult to complain about food and the lack of service when you are in a group, but later on we all agreed that we should have returned 4 of the entrees after we first tasted them.
The check came with 20% gratuity for the service that was hardly provided!
People sometimes make jokes about going to a fast food restaurant to have something to eat after they disliked the food in a restaurant they just visited.
But that's what my wife and I did. We enjoyed a hamburger at Mc Donalds in Ocala. Boy,... what did we enjoy the ketchup there. So much better than the tomato sauce at Taverna Red.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! A DISGRACE to Italian cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!. '

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been here numerous times and we're looking forward to our visit. What a disappointment. We sat at the bar. There were 4 people a the bar and only a few tables occupied. We waited 10 minutes to be acknowledged by Trevor, another 10 to get our drinks. Although the place was not yet busy, Trevor seemed to be very harried(as usual) He is also very sarcastic. He may think it's cute but .....I ordered the Veal Marsala which I have had before. It came with mashed potatoes and I requested pasta. My order arrived with mash potatoes so I sent it back.Trevor said it was his faultas he did not put it in correct. When I got it back, it was luke warm and the sauce was sparse as they had simply transferred the old plate to one with pasta. We had to ask for another round of drinks. If you go, do not sit at the bar with Trevor. You will wait for service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Summerfield, Florida
“Taverna Red Restaurant in Summerfield,Fl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a friendly neighborhood restaurant. Entertainment and great food,with a friendly staff. It's deffinetly worth the money.

• Visited January 2013