“The Worst of the Worst!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Stuart
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Worst of the Worst!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2005

This is a portion of the actual letter I sent to the Ramada of Stuart. Our Stay was from Feb 26,2006 - March 1, 2006

To whom it may concern:

On many occasions my husband and I have stayed at various Ramada Inns in many locations with great pleasure. I’m sure that’s the very last time I will ever say those words, no less recommend the Ramada to the least of my friends. Let me explain:

I reserved a room at the Ramada Inn in Stuart Florida for my husband and myself online at ramada. At the time of my reservation, the choices available were:

Convenient Room with 2 Double Beds for Quality and Value
Pleasant Room with King Size Bed for Quality and Comfort or
Comfortable Room with 2 Double Beds for a Combination of Quality and Value.

After calling the Ramada, and being told that the “Pleasant Room with King Size Bed” was the better choice, I then went back online, and reserved my Pleasant Room. After reserving the room online, I physically called to confirm my reservations. 2 days prior to my arrival, I called again to confirm my reservations and learned that I can upgrade my reservations to include a refrigerator and microwave. Thus, I now have a reservation for a Pleasant Room with a King Size Bed, A Microwave Oven and a Refrigerator. I relied on the Ramada for the Quality and Comfort they claim to provide, as we had a full and hectic schedule for our visit to Stuart, and trusted the Ramada’s reputation.

At check in, on February 26, 2006, we were given the keys to room number 260. When we opened the door, much to our dismay, the room had a strong musty and damp odor. We thought that if we turn on the air conditioner, that the room would air out, and it would probably be okay by the time we returned to the hotel, as we had to attend a family function immediately upon our arrival in Stuart. On our way back from our family function, we stopped to pick up groceries for the refrigerator. When opening up the refrigerator, we saw that it was never turned on for us, infact, it was never even plugged in. But of course it couldn’t be plugged in, as the refrigerator was up against a wall with No electrical outlet to plug it into. (The same with the microwave) So my husband had to “physically” move the appliances (and hurting his shoulder in doing so) to a location in the room with the proper electric outlets. Needless to say, our groceries had spoiled by morning, as the refrigerator takes hours to get cold. And the room still smelled musty and damp!

Now for bedtime. Although we reserved a Pleasant Room with a King Size Bed, we retired to 2 double beds, both with BROKEN box springs and sagging old mattresses. The beds were so bad, that if you rolled over while sleeping you would awake to an annoying creaking sound. Even the blankets were worn and ratty. We tried calling the front desk, but the telephone must have been broken as well, as all we heard was static. As tired as we were, we decided to stick it out over night, as we had an early morning appointment and a full day ahead of us. So, we set the alarm clock for 7:00am and tried to sleep in the squeaky and noisy and uncomfortable beds.

Much to our surprise (although now I don’t know why I was surprised), the alarm clock woke us up at 12:00 midnight, rather than the 7:00am that it was set for. While getting ready in the morning we found the faucet knobs of the sink absolutely filthy. They had dried up soap film surrounding the chrome! But we were late, (as we had a broken sleep due to the faulty alarm clock), so we just grinned and bared it and got ready for our day.

On our last night when we had to get up and check out by 4.45am, we were up much later than expected, as the Ramada had a Rock and Roll Band BLASTING Music while we were trying to sleep (on a MONDAY night!) And the cleaning maid failed to leave fresh shampoo for our last shower. And the room STILL smelled musty and damp!

Upon checking out, the man at the front desk never even asked us how our stay was. It’s obvious he really couldn’t care less. We reserved a “Pleasant Room” for “Quality and Comfort” and received nothing close to it. We are therefore requesting compensation or refund of monies paid. We were at the Ramada for a total of 3 nights and paid $264.90.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

the rating of this place needs updating ..1/2 star would be generous ..i had booked 2 weeks ..however could not wait to check out after 1 night ...
CONSUMER BEWARE !!!

• Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2005

Jets scream right above the hotel. The pool area is noisy with loud patrons at exterior bar; the place is run down; the lobby may look nice but wait until you see the rooms--demoralizing. It's prime must have been the 1960s. Clerks at check-out don't ask how you enjoyed your stay -- for good reason.

• Stayed January 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2005

I stayed at the Ramada in Fort Stuart while attending a seminar in nearby Port St. Lucie. After the first night, I found myself itching from numerous bites on my body, but assumed it was from mosquitoes or no-see-ums that bit me while I was playing golf. The next day, more welts appeared. Later, I turned down the covers and found my bed teeming with red ants. We complained to management & they changed the linens and cleaned the room and offered to refund one night's stay out of four.

Another party in our group had checked out of this property the first day after he was given a dirty, moldy room.

Given everything we've seen here about Ramada - we're writing the company (after delving thoroughly for their address) but we don't really expect any reply.

new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2004

this is the dirtiest place i ever stayed, i left after one night, airport close by, planes fly right over hotel at all hours.

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!