“Worth checking out” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 228 restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Oyster Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: District Table and Bar is a seasonally driven restaurant that has a changing menu based upon the availability of products of local farmers and fishermen. District has opened its doors to their customers on April 18th, 2013.
“Worth checking out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've been here two times. The first time everything was just fantastic- perfectly seasoned, unique and very fresh. The second time I came here the meals seemed pretty hit or miss. Some of the people at my table had excellent meals and some had pretty bad ones (the seasoning didn't make sense or the meat was undercooked, which isn't good when it is chicken). The waitress also didn't seem to know how to handle when things went wrong because she instantly wanted us out by rushing the rest of the meal and not asking if we wanted desert. We were nice about the whole thing so it wasn't because we were giving her a hard time. However, since the first time was awesome and there were some really great dishes the second time. I would recommend trying it out because the food is very unique and there is nothing like it in Stuart.

Visited September 2013

82% Recommend
Belle Glade, Florida, United States
“Really nice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Took my Aunt here for her birthday. The food was marvelous. High quality ingredients with an emphasis on farm to table. Everything was fresh, the service was outstanding and the the decor was cute. At first I was nervous because it was in a plaza but don't let that fool you. It was 4-star dining.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Florida
“One of the best little secrets in Stuart!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

District opened only 6 months ago, but the husband and wife team that run it are great and the food is out of this world! Best Scallops I've had in many many years! On my last visit I had the Ribeye and it was fantastic! And don't forget the donuts for desert! OMG!!!!

Visited October 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Totally Discusting!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wifes BD and I pick something that has been open for six months that I have never heard of???? Ok my mistake up front. From the second you walk in the door the smell of the place is that of a deep fat fryer full of black old grease.....no not oil or shortening but grease. As we found out later everything is cooked in the same grease and it actually all tastes the same....and in fact like the funk smell in the place. Short story long the idea is not new and is a pretty solid approach. Take something (Southern Food) and mix it up a bit. But putting old herb boxes out front with really bad looking herbs in them does not a good meal make! The stuff at Home Depot looks healthy and ready to eat so replace those old herbs with some new good looking stuff. The meal started with....wait for it....deep fried garbanzo beans (chick peas). They were actually good but over spiced....and thus the smell funk and taste funk starts. Next was a great salad that was so overpriced it would make you choke but who care it is a birthday. Next were some Oysters that were ok but that funk is back and you realize the bacon was deep fired and the same funk smell and flavor is back. Move on to some Blackened Shrimp. At this point we were trying to make a crappy meal a success...try something else! Well two 36-40 shrimp on some grits with ... you guessed it some of that deep fried bacon....1/4 tsp and some chives....but wait then we drop a raw egg yolk on it????? I have eaten all over the world....even closer to home a cooked sunny side egg on a big brisket sammy in Tx is normal but a raw yolk. I am a trooper so I ate it anyway. Guess what???? Tasted like the funk smell and flavor with yolk on it. Last chance: Order the fried chicken....wait staff says it is breast and super....it comes and it is a couple of chuks of chicken on a pancake from last week with two tablespoons of apple slaw on top. My wife cuts it and its tough. She has a little of the edge....mostly breading and it tastes like the squid we had and the orginal funk smell and taste. I can't believe they would cook the chicken in a fryer that was used for squid so I taste some and sure enough if I had a blindfold on it was squid......but then the worst happens. What is the one thing you never want to put in you mouth???? I had laughed and told her to quit eating around the edges and cut in and get something besides breading....and she does ....... and the bite she takes is RAW! It is so loud in the place that I can't hear what she is trying to say and she just chokes down the bite and tells me the chicken is raw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fry cook (not chef) in his mind send out chicken without a quick temp check????? She turns the plate and the chicken is bloody red and raw. Now I realize the outside is dark brown so the cook just took it out of the fryer....not timed or temp checked. So what happens....everyone is sorry! We will get you another one...like no way! Bring the bill. Get told we are comp'ed. But no a bill comes and they tell us the chicken was comped. They don't even understand what that means!!!! You didn't comp anything....we didn't eat it! Then to send three people over to try and get another drink order and a desert order!!! What outrage. Never again. This place is the pits. It is where people with to much money will go and tell people where they went to be cool and not tell them what they ate because it was overpriced and all had the FUNK about it. Just walk in the door...taste anything...Yeah I told you. Quit reading all the storys from the owner and wait staff. Just DONT GO. McD's has better food

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I don't write reviews. Simply because both my husband and I are in the service industry and work in a very well established restaurant, and know that it takes the smallest of mistakes to create an unhappy customer who then writes a review and causes patrons looking to have dinner at a decent restaurant, not to go there. But I just have to tell everyone how amazing this gem in Stuart really is. The food is amazing, the service on point and the ambiance is real! You have to go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere