“Comfortable, low-key” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast
601 Southwest Ocean Boulevard, Stuart, FL 34994   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Stuart B&B and Inns
“Comfortable, low-key”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had a lovely relaxing time at Inn Shepard's Park B&B. Marllyn with lovely to chat with and we enjoyed meeting her newest little "man" Oliver. Location is ideal and it was a great place to just kick back and chill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had a wonderful week-end stay! Great place to stay! Lovely and comfortable rooms! Wonderful breakfasts on the patio! Marilyn is a fantastic innkeeper. Within walking distance to the neat little downtown Stuart area. Lots of fun shops and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a wonderful place to unwind. Plenty of common area including wrap around porch. You can walk to the waterfront for great sunsets and the historic district is also close with lots of shopping and dining. Marilyn , the innkeeper/owner lives on the property and makes you feel right at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
winter springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent 2 nights here and had a wonderful time. Great location close to historic Stuart and the water. Directly accross from a park that had beautiful sunsets. Had use of of kayak and bikes. Breakfast was terrific with quite a selection. The owner, Marilyn was very friendly and accomidating but kept her distance so we felt like we could be ourselves. I read other reviews that complained about the timing of the breakfast but it wasn't an issue with us. However, I could see how it might be with someone who was leaving early in the morning. But I am willing to bet that if someone wanted to eat breakfast earlier Marilyn would have accomidated them. Room was nicely decorated with our own bathroom. Whole house was nicely decorated. Thinking of staying there again at Christmas time.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a private bath but one has a seperate bath in the hallway outside of room.
Winter Park, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights over this past weekend. Our room was very nice and had a full bathroom in the room. There was a TV in the room, but it was pretty small. It would have been nice if the TV were a little bigger. Also, the air conditioning in the room was very loud. When the A/C turned on, we would have to turn the volume on the TV up to hear and when the A/C turned off, we would have to turn the volume down because it would be too loud.
The breakfast was the highlight of the stay. The owner, Marilyn, would make different breakfast items. One morning there were waffles and the other morning there was a breakfast casserole. In addition, there was fruit, muffins, coffee, bagels, etc. The porch where breakfast was served was cool (temperature) and relaxing. I would have given this B&B a five-star rating if it weren't for the small TV and the loud A/C. Overall, it was still a lot of fun and I would recommend it to my friends.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very nice inn that has a very friendly innkeeper. Marilyn was a sweetheart! Extremely accomodating with early check inn and late check out. Impressed with the comfortable bed and the robes hanging in the room. Breakfast was plentiful with quiche, pastries, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, and waffles. We unfortunately didn't make use of the bikes, kayak, or jacuzzi but we did enjoy the snacks and bottled water that was provided 24/7. Weliked the location as it was close to the very neat town of Stuart.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The location is really good particularly if you have to balance plans with family along the coast and up toward Port St. Lucie. Very quiet and restful though for two of three nights we think we were the only ones there so hard to know noise level if a full house. Offering just one hour for breakfast (9-10a) was very limiting and we felt that for business travel needs -a real minus. We never saw the inn keeper until we checked out so that was a bit odd . We travel frequently and are always greeted by the inn keeper wherever we stay and if they are unable to greet us ( we did arrive late) there is usually a personal connection at some point which is why we choose small Inns. The fan/AC in our room was too loud and given that we were there off season mid-week, we feel that the inn keeper should have not rented the room and repaired the system during a slow time.

Room Tip: Make sure fans and AC work and operate quietly.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FriendlyInnkeeper, Owner at Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We thank you for your review. I was unaware of any problems with the air in your room. I wish you had mentioned it to us while you were here. We would of been happy to move you to another room. Now that I know. I will address the situation.

I am a single innkeeper. When I am unable to be here for guests arrival I leave a welcome note with some helpfull hints and information about the Inn and my telephone number, if they should have a problem or any questions. Although I am not always on property. I am available 24/7 if any of my guests should need anything. Breakfast is usually a time when I connect personally with my guests. You never came to breakfast during your stay, so that did make it difficult to catch up with you. I did try several times, but kept missing you either coming or going and didn't want to disturb you by knocking on your door.

Glad you had a Safe trip home to California,

Marilyn

Been to Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!