“Just lovely! Return visit a must!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast
601 Southwest Ocean Boulevard, Stuart, FL 34994   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Stuart B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Just lovely! Return visit a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Inn Shepard's Park B&B is a great little place to get a way from the hustle and bustle of the big city without having a long days drive. My husband and I received this weekend get a way as a gift from our daughter with a Groupon coupon. We were thrilled to get out of Orlando and take the short drive to Stuart for some R&R. That is exactly what we got. Marilyn, the owner, was lovely. She was a very gracious and accomodating hostess and made our stay delightful. We knew she was there, however she allowed us to enjoy our time and wasn't intrusive. We were welcome to use the Bicycles and Kayak and offered all beach gear for our trip to the beach. The Jacuzzi & hammock on the back patio was very inviting. Marilyn offered to start up the Jacuzzi for us and said we could use it anytime, however, it was really hot out and we did not use it for that reason.
On this trip, we did bring our two pups. We stayed in the only "Pet friendly room" which was VERY clean and free of pet oders. There was no sign of a pets past stay in this room, what so ever! The bathroom was extremely clean. The pups enjoyed the many short walks across the street to the park and our dailytrips around the "Pet friendly" town that provided water bowls. We were given coupons to local spots and Marilyn showed us a map to some really great places, all within walking distance.
The breakfast buffet was beautifully arranged with a wide selection of fresh juices, Fruits, Pastries, Quiches, Bagels & a heart shaped Waffle maker, a different selection each morning.We had access to a small refriderator upstairs near our room with water, soda & snacks.
We will definatly make a return visit to this charming & relaxing Key West style B&B. This is a great place for a romantic weekend or a girls get a way, either way, Marilyn will make it a pleasurable stay. We are already planning our next trip. Thank you, Marilyn!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful with on suites. There is one room that is pet friendly, however you must use...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

An online deal for $200 for a two-night stay was advertised on one of the major coupon websites. It came with free use of bikes, kayak, free bottle of champagne upon arrival, snacks, sodas, and breakfast. Our drive through Stuart wasn't very pretty so I wasn't expecting much...but when we pulled up I saw the inn sits across a park with beautiful waterfront views.

A note was taped on the door giving us instructions and directions to our room. This procedure doesn't seem very safe. Our room was comfortable and decorated in a charming fashion; clean, cute, and cozy. It had a large closet and en suite bathroom with a basic shower. The room also included a small TV (there is a large DVD collection in the downstairs living area). We welcomed ourselves to drinks and snacks available in the mini-fridge outside our room. There is also tea/coffee in a Keurig machine on the porch.

The best part about this trip were the activities. We took full advantage of the bikes and kayak and spent hours exploring. Do take the kayak out on the water; there are gorgeous homes and views. Plan a route before biking, there are some areas of Stuart that are still up and coming. The downtown areas are fun to bike in. I only wish we had access to a bike lock so we could've parked the bikes and grabbed a bite, shopped, etc. I wished we would've used the jacuzzi, but didn't have time amidst our other adventures.

The breakfast in the morning was very good: homemade muffins, fruits, cereals, etc. Marilyn is nice and welcoming albeit a little awkward. She did make our stay a good one though and suggested things to do and places to go.

We planned this trip to celebrate our one-year anniversary; our experience was definitely romantic and fun. But we never did get that bottle of champagne...

Room Tip: Corner units have more space, larger bathrooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
FriendlyInnkeeper, Owner at Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. Sorry! We have never had a special that included a bottle of champagne. Last summer we did do a special that included a bottle of wine. But we do apologize for the confusion. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to use our bikes and kayak. We're always happy to turn someone on to the Bed & Breakfast experience.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

very nice place. breakfast was great, buffet style. alot to choose from. always something warm for breakfast. quiche and homemade waffles...yum. fresh fruit and homemade pasteries. all in the screeded in porch.
this was across the street from a park with a boating dock. it was great for me, as i had my kayak to try out. the park also has a walking trail. beautiful view. very quiet area. easy access to down town.
very lovely home. comfortable to sit anywhere. i didn't get to try out the hot tub. but it was huge. mabe next time.
i liked the refridge upstairs, it was stocked with water, sodas and snacks. down stairs there was tea and coffee available anytime of the day or night. also had a microwave with popcorn if you so choose to make some.
the rooms were cozey. mine had a water view, but i choose it due to the view and the pillow top mattress for my bed. it was the one with the bathroom down the hall. very clean. there is a small tv in the room that you can play dvds on. she also has a few movies you can pick and watch, if you so choose.
hospitalty was great.
the one thing that i was kind of expecting was to be greeted upon arrival. but instead had a note taped to the door with my name on it. it gave good instructions.
i did spend a good bit of time outside putting some final touches on my kayak and found several people inquiring about the inn. mabe it may be good if she had a doorbell the rang directly to her apartment on the front and side door. cause i think she could get alot more passers by business. also possibly post a phone number out front of the inn. so passers by could call for more info.
all in all...i loved this place! it was great! comfortable and homey.

Room Tip: all the rooms were nice. 3 out of 4 had bathrooms in the room...only one did not. the room without t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My initial impression of Inn Shepard's Park got off to a bit of a rocky start. I arrived about 5pm to find a note on the front door from the owner, Marilyn. She had put me in room #1 when I had reserved room #3. At first she wanted me to pay extra for that room. I pointed out that I had written confirmation for room #3 at the discounted rate which had been emailed by her weeks before, and that she should honor it. After some hesitation she agreed to do exactly that.

That being said, I must say that I enjoyed my 2-day stay (except for the rain). The room was very clean, comfortable and charmingly decorated in an old world, tropical ambiance, with a bank of windows giving an ample view of the park and the river. The comfort controls were individualized with dimmers for the lights. The shower was spotless, a generous size and had good water pressure. A grab bar would be a nice addition because there was nothing to hold on to except for 2 small shelves in the corner. Also there is a large step up into the bathroom (about 8 inches) on which I stubbed my toe once. Maybe a "watch your step" sign would be appropriate here.

Each morning there was a fine array of breakfast options attractively displayed on the front porch. There was a state of the art machine which brewed fresh coffee or tea from a variety of handy packets. This was available 24 hours; as was the little refrigerator in the upstairs hall which was stocked with bottled water, soft drinks and various snacks. I did not see much of the owner during my stay, but her lovely young assistant Greta was usually present and very friendly and attentive.

The downtown area is within walking distance with many restaurants and shops. Getting around by car is a bit tricky because of the round-abouts but otherwise places were fairly easy to find. The beach was about 5 miles away.

There are also bicycles for use and a canoe for those so inclined. I would certainly recommend this lovely bed and breakfast for a restful getaway.

Room Tip: Room # 3 has the best view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lake Worth, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We recently celebrated our 33rd anniversary at Inn Shepard's Park. Marilyn did a great job making us feel welcome in her home. From breakfast on the cozy porch, to strolling on the boardwalk, to a great dinner at sunset, it's hard to beat a weekend like that!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My fiance and I needed to get away for a short weekend before our crazy summer schedules started. Marilyn made us feel welcome and like guests in her home. Breakfast was yummy every morning and it was so relaxing and peaceful to have breakfast out on the porch. The house is beautiful and the rooms were so clean and well kept. The bed was so comfortable and soft!

The downtown area was not that far of a walk and the restaurant choices are plentiful. Marilyn has made sure you have the information and some coupons too for local businesses. Overall I would recommend Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast as a romantic/relaxing getaway!!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are nice, but make sure if you want a view of the water you choose the right one (t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary here and were very impressed with our accommodations . The owner Marilyn was very hospitable and friendly.We found the location close to many amenities . I would highly recommend this quaint guest house and plan to go back in the future.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Inn Shepard's Park Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!