“Not as good as before.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 236 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Not as good as before.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Not sure if it is a revised menu or new chef but the quality of the food has deteriorated. The last two visits our meals were not very good. The Chicken Salad was ill prepared and the lettuce was not fresh. The foot long hot dog and burger were overlooked. May have been our last visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Just a nice place to go for light lunch or dinner, wine,...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Enjoyed the views of riverside and the bridge, Sitting is outside only, and walk through beach sand...which is wonderful on a warm day. Food, atmosphere, views, staff very friendly

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Fun, breezy cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Situated under ( almost ) the Roosevelt Bridge in Stuart, FL. I was struck by the airy ambiance and their cheery friendliness of the Pelican.
My friends and I had just toured the nearby wonderful Stuart Heritage Museum .
Seated on the "beach" we enjoyed the view and were served by Lee Lee who was very attentive and promptly bought us our delicious lunch.
One in our party said it was the best seafood chowder she'd ever had.
I enjoyed the blackened fish tacos although I apparently ordered the one side (sweet potato fries) that was not offered free along with the fish tacos ...no matter...
We enjoyed our lunch and had a good time...just a note : mind the overhanging cabinet as you enter the Ladies room: you could rap your head on it (I did ).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
s.forida
“Enjoy the food and the cool breeze”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Food is ok but we really enjoyed taking a moment and the gorgeous view.
We had the Jamaican chicken sandwich which was very spicy but the waitress did warn us it would be. the fries were very tasty and crisp. Coleslaw was excellent .
he service was great as well , very friendly and helpful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, PA
“Eat outside, away from the rest of Downtown Stuart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

OK, Downtown Stuart isn't big or bustling. But if you know the setting, it can get rather busy and loud. But this tiny outdoor restaurant, located pretty much under the Roosevelt Causeway, was a nice find. Maybe a 5 minute walk from the heart of Downtown. During a busy Sunday afternoon after the local green market, this place was steady busy, not overwhelmed.

But again, the setting beats most of Downtown. No cars going by or the ever present giant diesel pickups that populate the area. You can hear the louder vehicles on the causeway above you, but you still here more tide than anything. Nice, relaxing setting, even if busy.

We didn't sit in the "beach section" but it's a cute option considering the nearest beach to dine on is out on Hutchinson Island or Jensen Beach.

Service was average,maybe a bit on the long side, but friendly. I had the short rib roast sandwich and it was very good. Lots of flavor, very tender and just a bit too fatty, but it was really good all around. My colleagues chicken sandwich looked like any other chicken sandwich. Homemade potato chips are a nice find, however an outdoor eatery can't beat the Florida humidity, so I had a mix of stale and crisp chips. Not the best, but they weren't terrible either.

A little more expensive than you'd expect given the outside location and very casual style. Just under $15 for my delicious sandwich as of this writing with no drink or tip. But the food was good and I don't mind paying a bit more for quality, no matter where you find it. Beer and wine are available, prices seem reasonable.

This place is dog friendly, I guess it's hard not to be when you're in a park setting. I personally don't like having dogs around when I eat somewhere that isn't a family members house. Just bear that in mind if that bothers you.

A good spot for lunch in an area overwhelmed with restaurants. Enjoy the view of the water and some good food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere