“True Wildlife Tour” 5 of 5 stars

York, Maine
3 attraction reviews
“True Wildlife Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Capt Nancy is extremely knowledgeable of & informative on the environmental issues affecting this region! In 1 1/2+ hours cruise we heard about the mangroves and seagrass that are so critical to the coast of Florida. Although we never saw dolphins or manatees, we learned a great deal about and saw abundant birds along the way. There were children (ages roughly 5-9) that pulled into the learning and enjoyed it. Probably not the best idea to bring a 2 or younger child because they would be bored.

Visited April 2013

boston, ma
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have gone on this tour several times and will continue too. It is highly recommended and offers a different perspective on the usual florida water tours. It is fun, informative, interactive and educational. The surrounding areas are beautiful as is the water. We saw ample wildlife. The tour guide Barbara is quite informed about environmental issues as well as the plant and wildlife in the area. It is for young and old; I would think esp children would find this tour very fun.

Visited February 2013
Stuart, Florida, United States
“Extremely informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have had the pleasure of going on the Sunshine Wildlife Tour a number of times and am frankly amazed at some of the negative reviews I read here. While Captain Nancy is passionate about changing some of the problems of the Indian River Lagoon, she is always positive about steps that can be made to help the situation. She is always on the lookout for dolphins, manatees and the unique birds of the area. The kids are always included by allowing them to help her seine for tiny plants and animals. They are then able to check out their finds in Discovery Scopes that magnify their bounty. I was also able to assist in a bird rescue and had the pleasure of watching the bird walk off after being minutes from death. I highly recommend this tour to everyone of all ages!

Visited February 2013
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
“Crazy Tour Guide!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The worst tour I ever went on due to the guide. We had to listen to her rants & point out everything wrong with Florida. I didn't go on the tour to be lectured on pesticides & fertilizer & bad mouth Florida!There were children on the tour & a passing boat told her there were 5 manatees but she could have cared less because she wasn't done with her rant! We never saw the manatees, if it wasn't for me spotting dolphins, the kids would not have see them either. People were looking for a way off the boat in about 10 mins into it. I felt like I was totally misled & was trapped listening to a total crazy person for 2 hrs.!! DO NOT GO ON THIS TOUR!

Visited March 2013
Ottawa Ont
“Very pleasant and informative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We took the tour which runs for about 2hours in the St Lucie estuary. Gives excellent information about the history, native birds and fish and environmental problems of the area. The Captain is clearly very knowledgeable. Several recent reviewers have criticized her focus on the problems caused by local development but I thought the points she made were realistic and her suggestions for change are necessary if the dolphins and manatees and other wildlife are to survive in this area

Been to Sunshine Wildlife Eco Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sunshine Wildlife Eco Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.