“Life Saver!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Harbor Inn & Marina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
The Harbor Inn & Marina
You added The Harbor Inn & Marina to your Saves list
307 NW North River Dr., Stuart, FL 34994   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Stuart B&B and Inns
Jensen Beach, Florida, United States
“Life Saver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am a local Stuart resident, so I usually don't stay in the area, but my A/C was out and Harbor Inn saved the day! I was able to secure a room, and got the newly renovated room. Decor was adorable and the room itself was just fantastic. I loved the screened in porch---it felt like I had gone to the Keys for the night. Best part is, I went to work the next day feeling so refreshed from probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in in a long time. Everything was laid back but well organized from arrival to departure. I might just have to make this a monthly thing. Thanks Harbor Inn!!! Definitely will return.

Room Tip: Room 7 has been renovated recently--black and white decor--so cute!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott C, Manager at The Harbor Inn & Marina, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Harbor Inn is a hotel like you used to find all over Florida. Everything is sort of miniaturized, compact but comfortable. Different, but very pleasant You either like that sort of thing, or you don't. If you do, then the Harbor Inn is for you . I found the rooms to be small, but more than adequate , with lots of character. The room had great views out the back onto the marina and the river. The restaurant served very good food and the bartenders knew how to make almost any drink you could ask for. All of this for an affordable price and the feeling that you were off the beaten track. I would recommend this motel and look forward to being able to stay there on my next trip to Stuart.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rockaway, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I found the Harbor Inn and Marina online and I saw that it got favorable reviews. I was travelling by myself and was looking for something that was convenient to downtown Stuart for one night. I could have stayed at one of the chains but I'm very glad I didn't.

So first, let me describe. This is an older style motel. The kind I stayed in when I was kid. But it is in good shape and well maintained. It sits on the St. Lucie river and my room had a screen porch where I could sit and look out on the water. Unfortunately bad weather took away the sunset.

The room was basic, clean and cheerfully decorated. A very small bathroom with shower stall. Had a small flat screen TV with cable. My only complaint was the carpet was a bit old, stained and should be replaced.

The deck bar and restaurant was really cool. There was live entertainment, a nice little bar and the food looked pretty good. I only had a cup of seafood chowder and it was very good. There were quite a few locals eating there.

I have to say, the place is not for everyone. But if you want an inexpensive room, on the water, with a fun bar/restaurant and you don't require luxurious accommodations, check this place out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Scott C, Manager at The Harbor Inn & Marina, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I want to take this moment to thank you for your review of The Harbor Inn and Marina. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate you taking the time to give feedback so we can continue to improve our guests experiences. We are in the process of replacing all our flooring in the rooms to create a more warm and comfortable feel. We hope you come back to see us and The weather is better so you can enjoy the amazing sunsets we have.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found this place using Tripadvisor. It was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. A low key, inexpensive place convenient to other areas along this part of the Florida coast. Now this is NOT a fancy place. If you arrive late, you may have to wait a little while until someone comes to give you a key. That's ok, you can wait in the bar. It's a little run down in spots but overall it has been maintained very well. The biggest problem we had was an electrical outlet with 4 outlets where the left side didn't work. The room was comfortable with a full size refrigerator, microwave and some cutlery. Oddly there is no sink in the bathroom, just the one by the microwave. Not a big deal. The restaurant was surprisingly good. It is right by the marina so you have great views. The seafood chowder was great! The bar was fine. Some of the bartenders weren't terribly friendly but that's ok. There seemed to be more locals there than out-of-towners. I highly recommend this place, if you want to get off the beaten path and just relax.

Room Tip: Across the street is quieter, there is music at the bar at night. But, if you want a water view you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott C, Manager at The Harbor Inn & Marina, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I would like to take this moment to thank you for staying with us here at The Harbor Inn and Marina. We always strive to make our guests stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and will make sure to correct the things you have been kind enough to point out to us. We hope that when you're in the area again,you choose to stay with us.
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed one night. Room was very small but uniquely decorated and clean.
We had dinner at the restaurant. Enjoyed the meal and the entertainment. We would go back for sure and do plan to do this next time we are in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, UK.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for one night. I booked a Marina facing room. There is a parking place reserved outside the room. On the marina side you have a screened in porch area and you can walk a few yards to the marina. The sunsets are stunning. There is a great atmosphere as The Deck bar / restaurant is part of the same complex. In the evening there was live music.

The room was basic but clean. Don't expect high luxury but if you want a place to relax by the water with a great atmosphere this is the place to stay. A number of the guests seemed to be enjoying days out fishing. Think of it more like a holiday cabin rather than high star cookie cutter style hotel (but I say this as a positive and I will be back)

This is probably best suited to single travellers or couples looking for a fun atmosphere - as there is live music at the bar this is not the place to stay if you want quiet seclusion, or if you are trying to get children to sleep early.

I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Harbor Inn last week. The room was warm, friendly, and very clean. This is a very cute place, well run, and the management went out of their way to take care of us. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Harbor Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!