“A fun find!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Harbor Inn & Marina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
The Harbor Inn & Marina
You added The Harbor Inn & Marina to your Saves list
307 NW North River Dr., Stuart, FL 34994   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Stuart B&B and Inns
Rockaway, NJ
“A fun find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I found the Harbor Inn and Marina online and I saw that it got favorable reviews. I was travelling by myself and was looking for something that was convenient to downtown Stuart for one night. I could have stayed at one of the chains but I'm very glad I didn't.

So first, let me describe. This is an older style motel. The kind I stayed in when I was kid. But it is in good shape and well maintained. It sits on the St. Lucie river and my room had a screen porch where I could sit and look out on the water. Unfortunately bad weather took away the sunset.

The room was basic, clean and cheerfully decorated. A very small bathroom with shower stall. Had a small flat screen TV with cable. My only complaint was the carpet was a bit old, stained and should be replaced.

The deck bar and restaurant was really cool. There was live entertainment, a nice little bar and the food looked pretty good. I only had a cup of seafood chowder and it was very good. There were quite a few locals eating there.

I have to say, the place is not for everyone. But if you want an inexpensive room, on the water, with a fun bar/restaurant and you don't require luxurious accommodations, check this place out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Scott C, Manager at The Harbor Inn & Marina, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I want to take this moment to thank you for your review of The Harbor Inn and Marina. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate you taking the time to give feedback so we can continue to improve our guests experiences. We are in the process of replacing all our flooring in the rooms to create a more warm and comfortable feel. We hope you come back to see us and The weather is better so you can enjoy the amazing sunsets we have.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found this place using Tripadvisor. It was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. A low key, inexpensive place convenient to other areas along this part of the Florida coast. Now this is NOT a fancy place. If you arrive late, you may have to wait a little while until someone comes to give you a key. That's ok, you can wait in the bar. It's a little run down in spots but overall it has been maintained very well. The biggest problem we had was an electrical outlet with 4 outlets where the left side didn't work. The room was comfortable with a full size refrigerator, microwave and some cutlery. Oddly there is no sink in the bathroom, just the one by the microwave. Not a big deal. The restaurant was surprisingly good. It is right by the marina so you have great views. The seafood chowder was great! The bar was fine. Some of the bartenders weren't terribly friendly but that's ok. There seemed to be more locals there than out-of-towners. I highly recommend this place, if you want to get off the beaten path and just relax.

Room Tip: Across the street is quieter, there is music at the bar at night. But, if you want a water view you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott C, Manager at The Harbor Inn & Marina, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I would like to take this moment to thank you for staying with us here at The Harbor Inn and Marina. We always strive to make our guests stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and will make sure to correct the things you have been kind enough to point out to us. We hope that when you're in the area again,you choose to stay with us.
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed one night. Room was very small but uniquely decorated and clean.
We had dinner at the restaurant. Enjoyed the meal and the entertainment. We would go back for sure and do plan to do this next time we are in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffolk, UK.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for one night. I booked a Marina facing room. There is a parking place reserved outside the room. On the marina side you have a screened in porch area and you can walk a few yards to the marina. The sunsets are stunning. There is a great atmosphere as The Deck bar / restaurant is part of the same complex. In the evening there was live music.

The room was basic but clean. Don't expect high luxury but if you want a place to relax by the water with a great atmosphere this is the place to stay. A number of the guests seemed to be enjoying days out fishing. Think of it more like a holiday cabin rather than high star cookie cutter style hotel (but I say this as a positive and I will be back)

This is probably best suited to single travellers or couples looking for a fun atmosphere - as there is live music at the bar this is not the place to stay if you want quiet seclusion, or if you are trying to get children to sleep early.

I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Harbor Inn last week. The room was warm, friendly, and very clean. This is a very cute place, well run, and the management went out of their way to take care of us. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is a renovated hotel,so not a 5 star. However, it is quite charming with a friendly staff and very good location. You can be anywhere in Stuart in 10min. There is a restaurant/bar located at the hotel on the waterfront with great food and service (band every night). We dropped in to stay one night and chose to stay another to explore this little town a little more. The only downside...nightly train nearby. It did not keep us from staying that extra night though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I stayed here with my partner for a week in January 2011. Overall, the good points outweighed the bad. On the good side: The room had a screened-in porch overlooking the marina and the St. Lucie River. The sunset the first night we were there was unbelievably beautiful. The room was reasonably priced compared to others we have stayed at in Stuart, and we got the 7th night free which made it even more affordable.
I really loved the location of this motel, on the edge of a residential neighborhood with sidewalks where I could walk every day, and it's also close to a new Publix on U.S. 1 and to downtown via Dixie Hwy. It was so easy to get everywhere we wanted to go from here.
The burger I got one day from the Deck Restaurant onsite was really good. The TV in the room got alot more cable channels than most motels we have stayed in, and the manager was pleasant and very helpful by showing us two different room configurations to choose from when we checked-in. On the down side: this is definitely an old motel. The rooms are small and the bathroom especially was too small for 2 adults for a week. The room had a kitchenette but not quite enough basic supplies to stock it; we borrowed what we needed from friends that live there. The office had erratic operating hours that differed from the posted hours and was not open either time I wanted to speak to the manager. There was no ice machine, you get ice from the on-site restaurant, but it was already closed by the time we got home most evenings. The room had not been properly cleaned before we checked - there was hair on the bathroom floor and in the shower, and I found a large toenail clipping on the floornext to the bed. I wore socks the whole time i was in the room. When the sheets were changed mid-week, the fitted sheet that was put on the bed had a big rip in it. Overall, I would certainly still recommend this hotel, and I would consider staying there again for a long weekend, but not for a week.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
harborinnmarina, General Manager at The Harbor Inn & Marina, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review concerning your last visit of our Inn! I am very proud of this property and the overall condition and general operation of it. Thank you for both your generous compliments and your helpful suggestions on how your stay could've been more enjoyable. We appreciate all of our guests and hope you will choose the Harbor Inn & Marina the next time you travel to Stuart!

Been to The Harbor Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!