“Relaxing, Family oriented and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Steinhatchee River Inn
1111 Riverside Dr, Steinhatchee, FL 32359   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Steinhatchee
Gainesville, Florida
“Relaxing, Family oriented and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband, son and I went to Steinhatchee for the 4th of July weekend. We go to Steinhachee frequently to fish and scallop. The Steinhatchee River Inn is located directly across the street from the marina where we launch our boat. We have seen the hotel many times and always commented on the fact that we needed to stay there. The day I called for reservations, which was one of the busiest weekends of the season, I was greeted by a very friendly hotel manager, Madonna. Madonna told me what she had available and I booked a room. When we got to the hotel, I checked in early and Madonna told us that our room would be ready shortly and we were welcome to use the pool and hotel facilities. When we got into our room it was clean and smelled very fresh. The pool was very inviting and had plenty of seating. There were tables with unbrellas and grills just outside the pool area. The best part of our stay was coming off the salt water and being able to jump in the pool. We had a great time and will certainly go back!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Altoona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I am writing for two reasons to report the real deal on SRI and the review written by RippedOff123.

This was our first time staying at SRI, we had 4 adults, 3 children and 1 dog in our party. We are avid scallopers and this was our first year back to Steinhatchee for scalloping. The hotel was EXCELLENT !!!!! The rooms are updated and extremely CLEAN. SRI has it all. People and pet friendly the staff are very accomodating and the pool was great (they clean it every morning), BBQ grills and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. If you scallop and need a place to stay and have fun this is the place for you. We made friends with almost all the guests staying at the hotel. Everyone hangs out and shares their days events and scallop reports. We enjoyed ourselves so much we have already made reservations for July 17th and 18th and I would not hesitate to refer anyone to this hotel.

As for RippedOff123, I had the experience of being in the hotel room next to her and her 3 GREAT DANES and 3 children. First off I love kids and dogs and it was not her children or really her dogs that were the problem it was HER and how she acted. I felt sorry for the dogs and children to have to suffer with being around this person.

Without going into all the gory details I will summarize, this woman verbally attacked people for being cautious with their dogs, verbally attacked people's appearance, allowed her dogs to swim in the pool on Friday night for several hours (they did not just jump in and jump out). She continued to be a pain to the entire hotel and the staff were compassionate to her because of the children. The craziness did not stop there she went out all day Saturday and left 3 GREAT DANES in a hotel room all day. Whewwww let me tell you about the smell (we could smell the dog urine and stool just by sitting on the balcony). Sunday she lit a BBQ grill on the balcony (clear violation of the rules/fire safety code) even it it was raining you don't do that. She really had no courtesy to others and took no responsibility for her actions everything was someone else's fault.

As for the hotel confronting her on Monday the owner came to the hotel to review the situation because she had not paid her bill. She refused to come to the door or come out of the room for a period. Once she did come out and speak with the owner and manager all she did was argue and blames others. No one in their right mind would think a hotel/motel/landlord would rent a room/house to someone with 3 GREAT DANES. They have rules for size and limit of dogs and she broke them all and the hotel manager was compassionate to this person an tolerated her behavior as did the guests on July 4th weekend. The hotel had no other option but to call the Sheriff to have this person removed from her hotel room. The deputy even told this person she could not control those dogs by herself.

As people we all have opinions and I would reccommend that you not take anything RippedOff123 has reported as truth because the only one who believes anything she has to say is herself. I will testify under oath in a court of law and not on my childrens lives as she did many times.

SRI is a family/couple and pet friendly place. It embodies the hometown laid back essence of Steinhatchee. If you want a place to stay while visiting Steinhatchee for fishing/scalloping or just a weekend getaway this is the place to be. Madonna the manager and Loretta the owner are AWESOME as are the rest of the staff.

Can't wait to return to SRI and have a even better time than we did the last time.

For those who were really there on July 4th I will sign this Chiwawa Lady.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Daytona Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

This was our first trip to Steinhatchee, and the remoteness and lack of a "real town" led us to believe we'd find just 'ok' accomodations. Not so! The rooms were large, spotless, and we and our friends were absolutely delighted. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Panama City, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the River Inn for the first time this past weekend. We were pleased with our room which was really a small suite; tiny living room with flat-screen, and big bedroom with very comfy king size bed. The room was neat and very clean, the staff friendly and welcoming, and although the inn seemed to be full, we had a quiet night.

This is a basic motel in an area that caters to fishing folk and their families. It is not for anyone who needs luxury accommodations, although I have to say our room was more spacious than some I've stayed in at "luxury" hotels. Some of the furniture was older but well maintained and the place was neat as a pin. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

My husband and I have been staying at the Steinhatchee River Inn for the past 12 years at least 2 - 3 times a year. Each time we visit, the stay keeps improving. That is why I was so dismayed by the negative remarks contained in one of your reviews. The negativity was so far from the truth! The office staff is pleasant and extremely helpful. The rooms are extremely clean and the rooms on the bottom level where we stay are suites. They have a separate bedroom and living room with a refrigerator and microwave. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and look forward to our next stay in April.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
sebastian, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

I use tripadvisor.com often and I find it to be very helpful when choosing a place to stay. So you understand when I found out that there was an abuse of the website it upset me very much.
My mother in law spent 9 months planning a family reunion and everything about it was perfect, especially the accommodation. The rooms were cleaned and recently remodeled. Tile throughout and new plasma tvs. The pool and picnic areas were very well kept. Our family took up the entire Inn (except for the one room with 4 fishermen). They also had a great time. They fished all day and hung out all night. One night they even joined us at the pool and told us their fishing tales. When I read the posting about the mismanagement of the Inn I know something must be wrong since there were no women other then family members staying there. It really upsets me to know anyone can post whatever they want online and sometimes it just goes unanswered. So I want everyone to know what a wonderful stay we had at the Steinhatchee River Inn! The management could not have been for helpful and acommodating. Please take the time to read some of the other postings and I think you will realize this is the perfect place to stay when visiting Steinhatchee. Jackie Erney, Sebastian, FL

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I observed the staff from the pool while I was reading a book for several hours. The housekeeper with the tattoos parked her cleaning materials and vacuums in front of the doors of several rooms including mine but hardly went into any of them to do any cleaning. She spent most of her time walking around talking on the phone and talking to the manager. After about 3 hours of this she took her cleaning materials and vacuum and put them away. I then checked my room, nothing had been done, so I went out, caught up with her, and asked her if anyone had cleaned my room. She said yes. I asked who, she said she did, then asked if there was anything she could do for me. I said yes, you can go get your vacuum and cleaning supplies and come back here and actually clean my room instead of pretending to. She said yes mam and walked off cussing under her breath. A few minutes later I confronted the manager and all she did was stand there smoking a cigarette and make excuses for her.
Then she just ignored me and walked off to a party going on at the pool
and patio, which I found out later was her own family and friends. When I took out
the trash in my room to the barrel outside I saw the maintenance man and told him
about it. He apologized for their behavior, then said he was not working, but, he and the other housekeeper who was working upstairs would be happy to take care of any of our needs. I asked if the owner was aware of their behavior. He said apparently not because the comment cards go to them so the owner never sees any complaints.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Steinhatchee River Inn? Share your experiences!