“WILL STAY AGAIN!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Starke
Waynesville, Missouri
“WILL STAY AGAIN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family and I had not planned on staying in Starke but was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations that the Best Western in Starke offered! The room was clean, decor updated, swimming pool clean, highspeed internet and free breakfast! We will definetly stay again if ever in Starke area again!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
rockyfl, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Starke, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you so much for the positive review. The foundation for success in hotels is based on satisfying customers such as yourself. If ever in the area again, please don't hesitate to call us for your lodging needs. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I am a Best Western Diamond Member I stay at Best Westerns all over the US & other hotel chains. Starke FLA is the ugliest BWestern I have seen. Dirty bathroom, bulbs out in the room, I requested a wake up call never got it, swimming pool closed. Should have stayed elsewhere you do the same! I believe the positive reviews on this site are placed by the owner and his staff. Because this BW even at it's best has nothing in common with those reviews.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

We stayed at the Best Western in Starke, Fl last Sunday. The room was musty smelling, the bed was hard as a brick, when we pulled the sheets down they looked like they had not been washed. The water in the shower did not get very hot, the water at the sink was only hot and you could not brush your teeth or get a drink with cool water. While we were there the police were outside of our room dealing with a disturbance. There was no pool, no cable, and no power at breakfast. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone, spend the extra 10 dollars for the days inn across the street or the hampton lakes bed and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

We had a room that was unsatisfacory at another motel. Best Western/the clerk at the desk was very accommodating. This was Thanksgiving morning. The clerk made a couple room adjustments to
meet our request. Thank You! Thank You!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
st augustine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I stayed at this motel for four nights. The cleanliness of my room did not change from the time I arrived to the time I left (hair and dust on the bathroom floor, stickyness on the table tops that never got wiped down). Other than that, the room didnt smell, the sheets were clean, the shower did not have mold. What I loved about it was for the first three nights, it was very quiet. And the the staff members were very friendly. The breakfast buffet was suprisingly good. And they had free high speed internet. The last night I was there, for some reason, they put a large group of young college aged people in the room right next to me (the entire motel was practically empty!) and I ended up having to complain after losing hours of sleep and have them moved (only a room down) from me. Not exactly brilliant when it came to booking the rooms. Im going to try another motel on my next trip and see if it is any better. All in all, an OK stay. Not great, not terrible. My attitude going into it wasnt expecting much for a one star motel in Starke.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
hamlet,nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

the towels/washcloths were so dirty we went and bought some. the sheets were dingy and smelly and worn. there was the smell of "wet dog" in the entire room. there was a black spider in the bathroom,alive and well. the roach climbing up the bedroom wall was not as big as the spider,but as healthy. the shower curtain was "sour". the shower itself,as well as the vanity counter was new and beautiful. the money could have (in my opinion)been better used to clean carpets and buy new linens and towels.we stayed there a couple of years ago,and it was ok,but what a change!!!I even purchased lysol,but it didn't help the smell.

Stayed July 2007

Been to BEST WESTERN Starke? Share your experiences!