“I Feel like I am at home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn- Starke

You added Americas Best Value Inn- Starke to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn- Starke
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   880 North Temple Avenue, Starke, FL 32091 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Starke
Douglasville, Georgia
“I Feel like I am at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Best customer service. I am always greeted with a smile and professional service. When I come to Starke, this is the only hotel that I will check-in. I was there this past weekend and I am still telling people how well I was treated.

Room Tip: My family have stayed in several different rooms. This hotel is the go-to hotel for all large or sm...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Starke, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for telling us that our facility provides your "home away from home" while visiting Starke. We strive to provide the best customer service and affordable lodging accommodations in Starke. Please continue to spread the word, as word of mouth advertising is our most effective advertising tool. Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On a business trip to Gainesville, I decided to visit a friend in St. Augustine. I had an early flight from the Gainesville airport and thought a good idea to spend the night in Starke which is 20 miles away. BIG MISTAKE!!! I first went to Americas Best Value Inn. I asked for a non-smoking room. I good a room that smelled like an ashtray. When I asked for a different room they asked for an additional $10. I was appalled! Why would they ask for more money for what I had originally asked for? Then I said I would go to another hotel and they said they would not credit my credit card. I left anyway and will deal with the credit card company. I went to the Best Western. Another mistake. Full of bugs. Noisy. And very uncomfortable. Next time I will go to Gainesville.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Starke, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a review to tell us how we are doing. I am sorry that you left unhappy, but you viewed the first room before you checked in. You were asked to pay the difference for the deluxe room when you switched rooms due to availability of other non smoking standard rooms. It was your choice to not stay after switching rooms, and our staff was not contacted about your disapproval. Please give us a chance in the future to show you that we are the number one budget friendly facility in Starke!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I called this hotel to get a rate for the night and was given a price of $94! I immediately laughed because this hotel is nowhere near worth that! I booked through priceline and got a rate of $56. The room we were placed in had dead bugs and live ones, hair in the sheets like the bed linens weren't cleaned properly. We were upgraded to another room which had hair everywhere also, including the bed, and baby spiders. When I brought this to the attention of the Lady at the front desk, she said there wasn't anything they could do since we received an upgrade. This was my go to hotel when I come to town but I will never be staying here again. Customer service should be a little better. Why would I want to sleep in a bed with someone's else's hair? Maybe that's how they are use to sleeping, that's why it's not a big deal to them. I will make sure to let my family and friends know about this so they won't make the mistake of wasting their money. I'm very pissed off.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your dissatisfaction is a major concern to our management, and we will be researching this situation to make sure that circumstances such as yours do not occur again. Thank you kindly for your business, and hope to see you again soon!
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was clean, well made up, reasonably quiet (it is "motel style, with parking outside your room...). On the main highway through Starke so close to numerous restaurants.

My only disappointment was lack of WIFI in the room. But..they did have it in the lobby and I would unhesitatingly stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Starke, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our budget-friendly facility. Our guests enjoy the convenience of all ground floor rooms and close proximity to restaurants. Hope to see you soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

Simple clean and safe place to stay while on a long road trip to southern Florida. The Motel looked old but it wa well maintained and very clean for a pet friendly place. This is not a resort just a good place for a good night sleep then get back on the road. Would recommend this for a night sleep.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Starke, responded to this review, April 20, 2015
The management will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at affordable rates! The original facility that includes our standard rooms is value-oriented. The all-new deluxe wing in the rear of the property provides modern accommodations which competes with the best in town! Hope to see you again soon during your travels!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

My family and I stopped here for one night. The bathroom looks like they attempted to remodel it, then tried to cut costs by leaving the old tile in with the new. It also looks like they spilled mortar in the floor of the shower and just left it, so now the drain is only partially open. The room also has a very musty smell to it. The upholstery on the chairs has a black residue on them as well. Both things that could easily be fix. The only real saving grace for this place was the friendliness of the staff and the price of the room.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Starke, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad that you noticed that we had indeed replaced all the tile in the bathrooms during our last renovation. Our staff will be glad to hear the positive comments. You had a choice, and you chose us. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you on your next trip.
Ottawa, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

You wouldn't expect much from this place but don't judge a book by its cover. It's really nice inside their rooms. Our bed was nice comfortable. It had a nice flat screen TV. Only complaint we're that the pillows were a little small and not enough of them. Other than that my stay was great.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Starke, responded to this review, March 1, 2015
Thank you for the positive compliments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly installed flat screen televisions and bedding. We are an older facility, but our deluxe rooms are the newest rooms, built from the ground up, in Starke. All rooms were updated when the addition was built. Thanks again, and see you soon!

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Starke? Share your experiences!