“Violated” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee

You added Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee to your Saves list
Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   6172 Commercial Way, State Road 50 & Route 19 (Commercial Way), Spring Hill, FL 34606 (Formerly Quality Inn Weeki Wachee)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
“Violated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We came from south florida to visit my children. The room smelled like body oder, Roaches crawling on thr curtain, and ring of crud around the tub. After our morning outing, we came back to the room to relax for a while. When we were getting ready to go out in the afternoon, I went to put on my brand new Nike sneakers, and noticed they were missing. We went to the housekeepers to ask about them, and she informed us that she was the manager and asked when we were leaving, which we found peculiar. Then all of a sudden one of cleaning ladies came out of the storage room saying that my sneakers were found in another room. Well needless to say we were very confused, and asked how tjat was even possible! The management had no answers except to tell us that we need to leave immediately! How outraged that we only had two days with the children and paid for three days. We finally come home to realize that a $240 chain was also taken. Unfortunately we didn't notice until we got home and was unpacking, and of course the hotel has no idea. So we went nearly 400 miles from a rough part of Florida to a supposed nice area to be robbed! I suggest NEVER stay there. It may be regrettable.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was previously when it was a Quality Inn and is just as nice. There are minor differences. Pluses- PETS STAY FREE, lower rates, and only one minus, you must bring your own breakfast. We purchased Graham crackers, milk, and orange juice at Winn-Dixie in the strip mall north of the inn, across highway 50.

Room Tip: The court yard view (poolside) are very nice.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

Thank you for your recent stay at Motel 6 Spring Hill. We enjoy hearing that our guests come back to stay with us again numerous times. True one of the amenities we do not serve is breakfast. We're able to keep the rates lower and pass those savings onto our guests. Next time you visit us try the Breakfast station down the street for an affordable delicious meal.

We hope to see you again on your next trip.
Talla, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

Three days and two nights in late October. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. It is the nicest Motel 6 location I have experienced. I have stayed at this location 4 times now and have not been disappointed. Weeki Wachee is right across the street where I love to kayak. I shall return soon.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Hello,

We're so excited to hear you stayed with us again. It's great to hear you rate us as the "nicest Motel 6". True we are in the best location in Hernando County, directly across from the world famous Weeki Wachee Mermaids. Next time you visit please ask for me directly, would like to thank you in person for all your kinds words. Customer service is a high priority for us!!! We'll leave the light on for your next visit!!!
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

I arrived late and very tired. I was assisted by Amber, front desk. She was just what I needed: patient, helpful and descriptive of all I asked. She was a breath of fresh air which energized me to continue uphill. The place is clean, the rooms are large. Lots of CDLs, construction workers Tand the like along with vacation people. My non-smoking room DID NOT have any scent of smoke. There were two minor issues: an occupant had to tell me the trick to opening the door, which is slide in gently to the back and gently take out. I learned this on the first day following. Also, the system for the cleaning crew when they are NOT to come in has failed twice out of 4 nights. I have all my things in the room and am taking care of my business. I don't like anyone in the room unless I am there. Their personalities are super, though.

Room Tip: I had corner room. Just tell the front desk what you want and they will accommodate you as best the...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We're truly sorry for miscommunication regarding "no service" during your stay. We will address the issue with our staff. We appreciate your understanding and hope you will visit us again in the future for business or just to get away.
Spring Hill, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

The non smoking room was clean but there was an underlying smell of cigarette smoke in there. I figured people must have smoked just outside the room but it seeped in. We got a clip on air freshener for the A/C and that really helped. But, the room really needs to be upgrade. It needs a new HD flat screen TV, a coffee pot for one would've been nice, also the bathroom and dressing area really need an upgrade, new carpet and overall paint and furniture. I also was wondering why there was no alarm clock, most motel/hotels have them. I mean like I said it was clean and the staff seemed friendly, but being upgraded will really make it feel more cozy and welcoming. The price is great and when they do upgrade I hope they will keep their prices reasonable.

Room Tip: Make sure the "non smoking" room doesn't smell like cigarettes.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with Motel 6 Spring Hill. I'd like to address some of your concerns during your stay with us. I'm sorry that the room you stayed in smelled of smoke. Although the building you were in was a non-smoking guests don't always abide by our policy. As you may have noticed we have signs posted at every walkway advising where the designated areas are. We are actually in the process of renovating. If you did not have a blue wall behind your bed you were probably in the 100/200 building which we'll be painting this month. We're very excited about replacing the carpet with wood floors and new granite vanities, bedding,drapery and HD flat tvs will be replaced as well. If you're not familiar with Motel 6 Brand check out Wikipedia it has the entire story about our concept. Some hotels offer lots of little things but they're charging you $20 more a night. We do not offer breakfast, tissues, clocks, coffee, toiletries so that we can offer that savings to our guests. There is a vending machine in the lobby to purchase things you may have forgotten. And also we have a store on both sides for your convenience. Our Motto is "We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms"

Hope this explains to you why you thought items were missing. We Hope to see you in the future "We'll leave the light on for you".
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Drove from Cincinnati for my grand daughter's 2nd birthday. I had not anticipated needing a motel room, but my son in law was at work, and had neglected to give me the code for his front door. I was exhausted and a little ripe, but the personnel at Motel 6 were great! Plenty of smoking and non smoking rooms available, the price was perfect for me living on a fixed income. The rooms were very nice and clean, also very comfortable. All I needed was a hot shower and a long nap. I was able to get both at a very reasonable price, and met some great employees in the process. I don't usually participate in reviews or surveys unless something was very bad, or exceptionally good. Both this Motel 6, and one in Oklahoma City, OK. were worth every penny, and I would not hesitate to use them again.

Room Tip: This is an older property, formerly a Holiday Inn, and was the only place in Spring Hill for MANY ye...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Hello, We're so happy to hear that we could accommodate your unexpected needs. We understand traveling can be stressful at times and glad to hear you were able to rest and freshen up for your anticipated visit with family. Thank you for mentioning our caring staff made your stay comfortable. Thank you again for a wonderful referral for our future guests.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

I decided on this property because it is close to where I wanted to launch my boat. Pleasantly surprised that the rooms were clean and comfortable (4 pillows on the king size bed). The personnel were very friendly and actually called the room to see if all was good. Nice touch as most moderately priced motels do not take the time. No breakfast, downer but coffee in the office at 6 am. Will stay at this property again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Spring Hill for your accommodations. True we're in a great location, just 6 miles from Bayport Boat pier and all the fish you can catch on the Gulf of Mexico. Hope your catch was plentiful post photos of the Big Catch! We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee? Share your experiences!