“Clean, nice hotel - just be careful of rates/policies on Holiday Inn website” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dothan, Alabama
“Clean, nice hotel - just be careful of rates/policies on Holiday Inn website”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel for one night recently at the end of May 2013. It was great, and I'd definitely recommend it.

When I made the reservations online at Holiday Inn website, I chose "best available rate." It came up with an offer that was pretty good, but it didn't allow the option to cancel the reservation same day if I needed to do so. Then, I went back and instead selected a AAA rate since I am a AAA member. That rate was a few dollars cheaper that "best available" and it had the usual same day as arrival cancellation policy up to 6 p.m. (I think it was), should I have needed it.

Anyway, in my haste to rate shop, I didn't realize until I was checking in that I had accidentally chosen a smoking room. Yuck! Luckily, the man at the hotel made the change for us, no problem. Our rate was $75 and the room was like a mini suite. It had a microwave, small fridge and a little kitchen sink. There was also a couch, coffee table and small round table with two chairs. The room was a good size, as was the bathroom. We stayed in room 113, ground floor.

Hotel is immaculate. Staff is friendly and obviously helpful. Outdoor pool looked inviting, but we just didn't have time for it. Breakfast area was nice. Coffee was good. Would stay here again and also plan to recommend it to friends.

We were here on a stop over on the way to Ft. Lauderdale...but we also wanted to go to the Weeki Wachee mermaid show, which is just down the street. You need to check that out! Nearby Thai House restaurant is good for dinner.

Room Tip: Be sure to select the right rate. Rate shop! "Best available" on the Holiday Inn website d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Island Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a great stay here for 6 nights recently. My husband and I were in town for my niece's college graduation, and I have to say that this HIE really hit the mark. From the time the lovely Dawn checked us in until friendly Eric checked us out, we were made to feel like family. The manager, Jay is hands on, Susie in housekeeping is the hardest worker I've ever seen, and Kat who runs the breakfast is fabulous--personality plus!! Mike the maintenance guy is a hoot!! We had a lot of laughs talking with these folks, who were never too busy to stop and give us Yankees a few minutes of their time. Talk about southern hospitality. We did need to change our room after a few nights, as the showerhead was leaking, a problem which they knew about. They were waiting for a part to come in. Changing our room was not a problem at all; Eric was happy to oblige! The pool was a delightful escape from the heat and the extra towels for that was helpful!! We're looking forward to seeing family again and we will definitely stay at Holiday Inn Express Spring Hill!!!

Room Tip: Only King rooms have fridge and microwave. Guest laundry on each floor!!
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was a great family place to stay while visiting Weeki Wachee park. Hotel is very clean & more importantly so are the rooms & bathroom. Comfortable beds & pillows. Yummy cookies at check in & breakfast was good too. Staff was very helpful & friendly.

Room Tip: If staying with a family ask for extra bath towels.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our check in was very quick. The Front desk person was very nice and answered all of our questions.During check out the front desk person barely spoke to me. The room was nice and clean. However I am not sure what they use to clean the rug but I couldn't walk barefoot on it. It had a terrible feel on my feet. The continental breakfast was good. On the weekend they had scrambled eggs. On both days the eggs were cold. I didn't see a microwave to be able to heat it up (other than the one in the room). During the week they served omelettes - one day with sausage patty and the other with bacon. Twice I went to get coffee and there was none. Had to wait till it was filled. The oatmeal/grits is where the coffee is. There are bowls but no spoons to stir the oatmeal. There is a "tip" cup if you choose to leave a tip.
My husband went out to the pool area and the plastic seats and table were dirty. It was apparent that they hadn't been cleaned in a long time.
Housekeeping did a good job cleaning our room. However they weren't friendly at all. I was there for six days and only once did a staff member make an effort to say something nice. All the others would either mumble something or say nothing at all. They never made me feel like this would be a place I would want to return to. I make this comparision because last year we stayed at a different hotel and the staff were always friendly and the breakfast was always hot. I wanted to return to that hotel but since I booked through Hotwire this is the hotel they picked for me. If I had no other place to stay I would stay here again.

wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Clean, quiet and helpful staff. We were very happy with our choice to stay at the Holiday Inn express. We will definitely stay here again when traveling to the Spring Hill area. We had a great trip to Weeki Wachee and the mermaids!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the past 3 years and every time I am very satisfied with the experience. The staff are always courteous and helpful. The lobby is well appointed and comfortable. The rooms are clean, spacious, and best of all quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was very clean and everything we expected and more. It was a clean, comfortable with reasonable rates. But what really seperated this hotel was the service and friendly staff that made our stay very enoyable. They are honest and went out of their way to return valuables we left behind. The staff were honest and trustworthy. Simply customer focus hotel. I have stayed at many hotel in the past but this one was beyond my expectations.
I called my friend who is visiting from new Jersey and he had a very pleasent stay at hotel and highly impressed with the service and cleanliness of the hotel.
MM

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill? Share your experiences!