Save Saved
You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Spring Hill
Flint, Michigan
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The room was smaller than a normal hotel room, however was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. Had a very good continental breakfast. Would stay here again.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
new hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights while we visited my elderly father. Our stay was enjoyable the moment we stepped into the ultra-clean lobby and was greeted by Amanda, the hotel manager. She and her staff member Carmen could not do enough for us! Since we had checked in early and the single room was not available, Amanda upgraded us to a double queen with fridge, microwave, and coffee pot for the same price we had booked on line, which was a great savings. Throughout our stay they greeted us during our comings and goings as if we were long-lost family members. The rooms were impeccably clean-not a spot anywhere, which is a major concern of mine. The beds and huge, soft pillows were so comfortable that I actually looked forward to going back "home" to the hotel for a great night's sleep! In addition, I had asked for directions to a store where I could photocopy eight pages of an important doucment that I had to get mailed that day; Carmen graciously copied them for me in the office so that I could get them mailed right away. The complimentary breakfast was fine; coffee/tea, small muffins, fruit, and yougurt. Our only concern was the thin walls: on our first night we were kept awake by the the tv and two cell phones that made noise all night. The next morning Amanda and Carmen were so apologetic and wasted no time changing our room to another and double checked to make sure the residents around us would not be disturbing. I highly recommend that anyone staying in Spring Hill "spring" for this hotel; it is clean, staffed with pleasant clientele, and conveniently positioned on Route 19 and its millions of stores and restaurants. My husband will only stay at the Microtel in Spring Hill from here on in whenever we go to visit my family!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Flowery Branch, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

room was very clean. some problems trying to get on line there system does not like internet explorer and the off sight help center was no use to me. thankfully there was a geust that helped get me conected. shower temp was all over the place.and after hearing that they sold out and counting the cars there most have been aleast five or six people in each car which meant there where no room at there 59.99 rate only the 89.00 and up. which is not bad. i will be more mindfull when i book my next stay.

Greg Scott

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
gmspringhill, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
I apologize for your unpleasant experience in our hotel. We have 6 smoking rooms on the 3rd floor, the rest are non-smoking, we do our best to control the odor by using an ozone machine. We try to accommodate all guests , those that smoke and those that don't. Being a non -smoker, I understand how you felt. The response from the front desk, regarding the internet, was not the right one, it has been addressed. Our Web site does not mention the charge for the safe, however, we never dispute the charge, if a guest informs us that it has not been used. We take the charge off immediately.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant experience and welcome you back to the hotel, if you choose to come back ,please call the General Manager directly, we will insure that your room will not be on a smoking floor and she will personally make your reservations.

Thank-you for your review, we appreciate all comments
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I usually stay at Marriott hotel properties, but I was in the area on business and there were none close by. When I saw this was a Wyndham owned property, I thought it would be similar to the low end Marriott properties - nothing fancy, but with a quality control one expects from a reputable chain. Boy, was I disappointed.
My first surprise here was that the charge on my credit card when I booked the room online was not the same as the online price. When I checked in, I was asked to initial a few items on a sheet that included acknowledging a fee for the in room safe. I realize it was only $1.60, but it was the principle of the thing that they never mentioned this when I booked. They said I could request a refund at checkout if I didn't use the safe. Pretty underhanded trick, if you ask me.
The woman at the front desk was very pleasant and asked if I would prefer the second or third floor. I chose the third for a variety of personal reasons, none of which is really that important, but I was given a choice. When the elevator door opened on my floor, I was hit with a strong cigarette smell. I noticed that my room was right next to a smoking room, and when I entered, of course there was the smell of cigarette smoke in my non-smoking room. I debated on asking for a different room, but since the entire hallway smelled of smoke, I didn't think another room would be any better. When I tried to open a window for some fresh air, it had a bolt in the frame so the window wouldn't open more than a few inches. Since I was only staying for one night and it was late, I decided to suffer through it.
I then pulled out my laptop to get some work done, but there was no internet service. I went back to the front desk and was told there should be six different wireless networks showing. I told her there wasn't even one, so she said she would call "the guy" and leave a message, because they never answer the phone, and give him my room number so they could call me directly. When I returned from dinner, there was still no internet service, and no message from anyone.
During the night, I was able to hear every detail of the "fun" the folks were having in the next room. And I was awakened around 4am by the TV in the room on the other side of me, which stayed on until I got up at 6. When I went into the bathroom I heard what I thought was water running in the room next to me, and then I heard the toilet flush. I have never been quite so "close" to other guests in a hotel before. They definitely need better insulation between those rooms.
When I went to check out, the girl asked how my stay was, so I told her it was unpleasant, and that the worst part was the smell of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room. I made it very clear that I had not smoked in there and would not appreciate being charged for doing so. That's when I found out that the third floor is the smoking floor!!!! Why on earth did the woman checking me in give me that choice of floors without telling me that fact when I had reserved a non-smoking room? Knowing that I spent the night in that smelly room when I could have had a clean smelling room just made it that much worse.
Under the circumstances, I wont be staying here again, and I have already cancelled a reservation I made at a different Microtel for a future business trip. All I expect for the price I payed is a clean room and a good night's sleep. I didn't get either one of those.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, stay away from the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

There's not a ton to review here. Spring Hill/Hernando Beach/Weeki Wachee don't have alot of choice for hotels. But I can say that this Microtel is well staffed, well kept, and very comfortable for a small motel chain. The beds were extremely comfortable, and that by itself ought to be the reason to stay here. Let's face it, most of the cheaper motels have beds made with the cheapest of mattresses with pillows filled with gravel. And the a/c is usually like sleeping inside a jet engine. Not here. We slept well, temp was great, a/c was quiet. My single complaint is that the breakfast is the typical bread and cereal based half hearted effort at food that you find at places like this, but I didn't expect anything on that front, so maybe it's a benefit that breakfast is provided. When I'm in this area, I'll stay here. Nice folks, and again, I slept like a baby...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Largo, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Pros: good price, rooms are nice and accommodating, beds were comfortable, attentive desk staff

Cons: very loud, no insulation between walls/ceiling, bugs (pincher)

If noise had been tolerable, sleep quality would have been excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for one without bugs
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
gmspringhill, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
We thank you for your review and apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. We do have an aggressive pest control program in place to prevent insects from getting into our sleeping rooms. Regretfully this is not fool proof as our region is prone to various out door pests that may occassionally walk in. We appreciate your feed back, we are pleased that you find our hotel a good value and hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This worked very well for several family groups traveling into the town for a family event. The price was right - especially if you book online and a bit early. Prices were a little higher as the date got closer. The rooms are very adequate and quite clean and nice compared to other lower prices motels. In particular, the rooms with two queen size beds included a fridge and microwave which were very helpful for groups traveling with children. The continental breakfast was better than some. The front desk did a good job taking care of things but having been there a few days, it was noticeable that some monitored the breakfast situation better. The lobby and pool are pleasant and comfortable. I would definitely recommend it. On the negative side, the lack of insulation between adjoining rooms should be mentioned. Very loud conversations or television in the next room was sometimes a disruption.

Room Tip: book online early and if you want a fridge and microwave you have to ask for a double room (2 beds)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee? Share your experiences!