“Roaches, mosquitos, dirty curtains, dirty bathrooms and molds at Best Miami Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Best Miami Hotel

You added Best Miami Hotel to your Saves list
Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This THE WORST MIAMI HOTEL and Hotwire knew that. There were roaches, mosquitos galore. There hotel is rundown, dirty, and full of bugs. The staffs are very unfriendly. They having construction there while there is no TV channels, wi fi, business center, etc.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel
  • Stayed November 2015, traveled on business

United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2015

The Best Miami Hotel has the be the WORST HOTEL that I have ever stayed in! Honestly, it was appalling. STAY AWAY.

1) DO NOT be fooled by the lovely pictures they show you on the internet. Admittedly, the lobby is very nice. But the rest of the hotel is NOT.

2) Check in. The male that checked us in was VERY RUDE, UNHELPFUL and had no customer service skills at all! Think he needs to be sent on a course to learn a trick or two.

3) You are forced into paying for parking and for the safe. No ifs or buts...you have to pay it!

4) The tall gentleman told us the WRONG TIME FOR BREAKFAST. Come on, surely if you work at a hotel you should know what time breakfast is? Well he didn't. He said breakfast was served until 10am, so we went down at 9:30, and breakfast was closed. It closed at 9am.

5) The lady who serves breakfast is so sweet! The only good thing about the hotel. Because we missed breakfast, she gave us a cup of coffee and a Danish bun. She was lovely!!!

6) MOULDY, SMELLY ROOMS! This had to be the worst bit about the hotel. The carpet stunk! Had stains on it. The room had so much MOULD on the CEILING. The stench filled the room and you felt like you couldn't breath. You put the AC on, and it made everything worse. I honestly feared the worst for my lungs. Those adverts about Mesothelioma really do get you thinking.......

7) LACK OF SLEEP. Due to the above reasons, the desire to sleep was not an option. I felt like a zombie. It made me hate the place even more.

8) The staff were UNHELPFUL. It was actually a miracle if they answered the front desk phone. Majority of the staff had so much attitude. Personally I was not used to this attitude, especially in America where the customer service skills are normally amazing!

9) Due to the dirt, filth and stench, the idea of going into the pool was not an option.

10) The parking is around the back of the hotel in some indoor car park. There was no explanations about where to park. You just have to figure out what level to park on and if that's close to your hotel room.

11) They try to cover the stench with a lot of spray. They didn't fool me.

12) LOCATION. It was TOO FAR out. It took about 45 minutes to get to South Beach. Not ideal.

13) The best part of my 2 night stay, was the fact that I only had to stay in this 'hotel' for 2 nights. Check out could not have come quick enough.

Overall, I would say stay away. Not wanting to be too mean, but I have just given my honest option of the place.

Ooo, I forgot mention that you can hear what everyone was doing in the room next to you and in the hallways. The WALLS are PAPER THIN.

Good luck if you're going to stay at this hotel, you'll need it....

Stayed September 2015, traveled with family
1 Thank Lailalailalaila

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2015

So I am all about budget prices and rooms, all I ask is the room is safe, clean and decent to sleep in. The Best Miami Hotel was none of those things.

Honestly I've never been one to heed the reviews and I've stayed in a few questionable hotels but none of them have ever been this bad. Not only was the room absolutely appalling it felt unsafe for my own health the linen was scant, worn out and damp. There was so much mold on the ceiling and the room walls were so thin I could hear next doors conversations and the TV on. The TV didn't work so when we rang the customer services desk we opted to change the room. The next room was just as bad with damp linen the room smelt so badly of mold and mildew that I couldn't sleep properly. The air conditioning leaked throughout the night and the controls were broken so we couldn't switch it off properly.

When we first arrived the staff member that I dealt with was really rude and abrupt (tall guy with glasses). He told us the wrong time for breakfast he said 10am and we went to the reception at 9:30 and were told breakfast was closed. The women who served breakfast was really lovely and gave us some coffee and a danish. She was the only lovely member of staff we came across. The rest seemed like they didn't want to be there at all. My card key stopped working I rang the desk the person I was talking to hung up the phone before I was done (it was the same tall guy with glasses). We were not given any indications about where to park and which floor to offload our luggage. We had no idea we would have to pay for the parking charges or the safe (which we didn't even use but had to pay for it). The location is undesirable if you want to be near the heart of Miami ,honestly spend a few more pennies and get a decent room closer to the city. (We had about a 40 min drive everyday to get near south beach).

Don't be fooled by the pictures of the resort on the surface it looks lovely, the reception is really gorgeous but trust me when I say it is really not a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2015

Not what u see here ....loud kids unattended running in hallway.staff not so friendly .booked and paid the night before. called to let them we were running late they asked when will we be here ..got here as soon as we could . .and here it comes .. .wait for it ......8.00 a day to park 2.00 a nite for safe there is no choice it's part of the room fees that was not told to us .as far as the 8.00 he said u can park on the street and pay the meteors
.got up here and no wash clothes .2 towels .very noisy . unfriendly staff .maids carts are so dam loud they woke me up .even louder when they r talking to each other out side your door ..never again ..and not so clean either they only show the nice pictures on the web site horrible place spend the extra money ..

Stayed October 2015, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherrie N
Managua, Nicaragua
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2015

The hotel is in desperate need of a full renovation ! The rooms are ok, but the carpeting outside is stained all over and dirty. The rooms bathroom are antiquated and also need a revamp. I stayed here for the price of $ 52 the only reason. They have breakfast which consists of instant egg mix and sausage. I would simply serve coffee and bread instead.

Room Tip: 301 201 401 have great internet , otherwise you do not get the signal
  • Stayed September 2015, traveled solo
1 Thank Exeter2000
Duxbury, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2015

OK...I booked this one thru Hotwire and thought I got a really good deal. I made an error in my date selection (my fault) and had to rebook....after hours of working back and forth with Hotwire and the hotel, I was able to make the change by opting for a standard room (vs a Deluxe room that was booked) and paying a very small fee. But....there are other add-ons you should know about. If you want to park your car here...add $8.00. Not a bad price for an off street parking garage. Also, there is a Mandatory $2.00 digital safe fee. I told the desk staff I didn't want to use the safe...didn't matter...it is a mandatory fee! So the question is...why not roll these fees into the room rate? BECAUSE this would give the customer a truer cost of the hotel...without these fees..the place looks like a deal! As far as the actual hotel and rooms go...the place was obviously a very nice place...some time ago. It is well worn with cheap cover-overs. For example, the floor in our room was a cheap Pergo type laminate covering. Floor tiles in the bathroom were thin and cracked. The TV remote didn't work..the desk staff were of no help. There wasn't enough towels in the room for everyone and the iron was missing. Again, the desk staff was of no help....they said they were full and no other irons were available....not enough for every room. The walls in the room are very thin....I could clearly hear the man next door urinating while I was laying in bed. The swimming pool was nice, the bed was a little lumpy, the continental breakfast was expansive with fruit, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, cinnamon bread, juice, coffee......all-in-all, I hope to never stay here again....next time I'm going to try the Coral Gables Inn just down the street. I'll let you know how that goes when I do!

Stayed August 2015
4.5 of 5 stars 965 reviews
Collins Hotel
#117 of 206 in Miami Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 657 reviews

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!