“My Stay at The "Best" Miami Hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
barbados
“My Stay at The "Best" Miami Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

On arrivial in Miami, my boyfriend and I were elated when we were able to clear customs and immigration in 15 - 20 mins....only to be deflated by havin to wait outside the airport for 1 hr and 10 mins for the free shuttle advertised, to finally arrive after having to make 2 phone calls to the hotel.
On checking into our rooms we were very pleased with wat we saw,the rooms are lovely and so is the hotel itself. We asked about goin out to get something to eat an were instructed by a very nice man named Pedro, of exactly how to get around an where the better restaurants near by were.
The following morning we wanted to know what malls or shopping areas were near by the response was half what we had gotten the previous nite,so we decided to go exploring on our own and see wat we could find
One day the shuttle took us over to Dadeland mall, we arranged for the shuttle to come pick us back up at an agreed time, we called the hotel close to 10 times in the hour and a half that we stood outside the mall waiting each time getting a diffrent answer,finally we had to catch a cab back,and when asked what happened the receptionist finally said the electricity was off and the shuttle was locked in the garage,after tellin us several times it was on its way to us or he'd be there in 10 - 15 mins.
The last straw for me was the day we left. I had misplaced my room key and only realised that when we were all packed and heading downstairs to check -out,so i went back to the room to search,in turnin the room upside down i managed to forget my mobile phone (aka my life line) on the bed. When i got back home I called and emailed the hotel to ask them if anyone had handed in the phone and arrange to have it collected.
Again I had to make a number of calls(btw I live in Barbados,so all the calls i made to the hotel were international) before finally being told housekeeping did not turn in the phone to lost and found so there was nothing they could do,they made no attempt to find out why ask another question,nothing, all i got was "housekeeping didnt turn anything from that room into lost and found so there is nothing i can do"
This was my first trip to Miami and the last time Im staying at "The Best Miami Hotel". I'm goin to tell anyone i know going to Miami not to stay there and I plan to write a review on that hotel on any wall that will take it

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
upstate ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

To all that stay there make sure that your flights are late enough to you can make it to the airport the next day. This was not posted on the web site when we made our reservations but after our stay and numerous calls it is now. If you read the summary on cheaprooms.com there is nothing stated about times that the shuttle runs. It offers an on site restaurant that is closed and chained shut. We had to walk to the bus terminal @ 5am in the morning and in Dade County with a family of 7 and luggage in tow, this is not really a very secure feeling to say the least. Continental breakfast is still just toast and coffee. Main elevator was still broke as of May 11th. We had 3 rooms rented and one had hair all over the bathroom floor. I wish this site offered a overall rating of sub-par!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

lakeland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed for one night. and woke up full of BED BUG bites. The hallways and carpets dirty, they seem to have never been vacuumed. The free advertised breakfast is a joke. You get sliced bread (that you have to wait your turn to toast on regular household toasters)and a choice of jams and coffee that tastes like instant. Even if you pay budget prices, IT IS NOT WORTH the price. DO NOT STAY THERE. The place used to be beautiful at one time, now it is a dump!!!!! they need to clean it up and update it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
devon, uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

OK, after a long trip around the states and waiting for a cruise ship, we had a one night stay - no security for valueables - laptops etc - would not recommend to a friend. It is tired and tucked away.

WIFI insecure and not working!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Their website, like so many others, depicts a very different view of what you really get. When I arrived, I was attended quite quickly and the reception was very polite. All went downhill from their. On the website of the Hotel, they promote free Wireless Internet and Continental breakfast. The Wireless Internet worked for about 20 minutes then never worked again. If you are traveling on business and need Wireless access, this is not the place for you. In regards to their Continental Breakfast, Toast and Coffee was the entire offering. I have never seen a continental breakfast without some kind of Bagel or Fruit. It's Miami! Fruits are plentiful! Not here though. They also have the picture of a top Steak Restaurant in their ad. The Restaurant had gone bankrupt and had a huge chain and lock on the front door. So much for the hotel restaurant. In all fairness, If you are looking for a cheap place to stay with a fairly clean room and do not need Internet access or care less about breakfast or any meal for that matter, it's a doable place.

Disappointing Traveler

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
us
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I couldn't use the Internet in room.
could connect in lobby but sometimes couldn't ever in there.
more, the elevator was out of work and often could use 1 of 3.
additionally restaurant was unavailable.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

From the time I arrived at the Airport to the time I went to the pier of Maimi, this was the worst experience of my life. Arrived at airport, called for shuttle they left me standing at the airport for over 2 hours. When I did arrive at the hotel (4:00 pm) room was not ready and had to wait another hour. They have NO Resturant or bar as stated. Their employees are clueless about everything and they DON'T CARE about their guests. They never put my name on the list for the first shuttle to the pier, had to wait for the second one, too many people waiting for shuttle and when it did arrive 1/2 hour late, not all guests could get on. BEWARE!! Stay away from this hotel, Trust Me, you won't be sorry!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!