“Very helpful” 3 of 5 stars

You added Best Miami Hotel to your Saves list
Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Duxbury, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

OK...I booked this one thru Hotwire and thought I got a really good deal. I made an error in my date selection (my fault) and had to rebook....after hours of working back and forth with Hotwire and the hotel, I was able to make the change by opting for a standard room (vs a Deluxe room that was booked) and paying a very small fee. But....there are other add-ons you should know about. If you want to park your car here...add $8.00. Not a bad price for an off street parking garage. Also, there is a Mandatory $2.00 digital safe fee. I told the desk staff I didn't want to use the safe...didn't matter...it is a mandatory fee! So the question is...why not roll these fees into the room rate? BECAUSE this would give the customer a truer cost of the hotel...without these fees..the place looks like a deal! As far as the actual hotel and rooms go...the place was obviously a very nice place...some time ago. It is well worn with cheap cover-overs. For example, the floor in our room was a cheap Pergo type laminate covering. Floor tiles in the bathroom were thin and cracked. The TV remote didn't work..the desk staff were of no help. There wasn't enough towels in the room for everyone and the iron was missing. Again, the desk staff was of no help....they said they were full and no other irons were available....not enough for every room. The walls in the room are very thin....I could clearly hear the man next door urinating while I was laying in bed. The swimming pool was nice, the bed was a little lumpy, the continental breakfast was expansive with fruit, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, cinnamon bread, juice, coffee......all-in-all, I hope to never stay here again....next time I'm going to try the Coral Gables Inn just down the street. I'll let you know how that goes when I do!

Stayed August 2015
Willemstad, Curacao
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I admit, we were stranded overnight in Miami due to flight problems. Just wanted an inexpensive 'nearby' hotel with airport shuttle. Called for airport pickup, Told, "OK, he's on his way." An hour and a half later, we decided to ditch the wait, took a $30 taxi (for a $58 room!). Coming in at night, you really only see lobby, pretty enough. And an old hotel. Room was OK, beds comfy and to us it seemed clean. But it felt like it's staffed by a couple of college kids, who are probably not accustomed to going out of their way (even emotion effort) to make the customer feel welcome. The next day, airport shuttle, I understood why we waited so long for pickup we never got. It takes quite a bit of time (30 min?) to get from hotel to airport.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was my second time in this structure so I already knew what to expect: everything you need, lot of room, decent breakfast, private parking a swimming pool, it's actually close to restaurants and night life and.....extremely reasonable!! On the other hand furnishings are not really new (who cares??), the air conditioner was leaking (not big issue), it's 30 minutes drive from south beach (not sure whether it's a pro or a con). This is my place in Miami!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this place as it was cheaper for me and my girlfriend than to get in any hostel in Miami! When we landed we rang the hotel up to get our airport shuttle which took a while but came in the end. We couldn't believe the standard of the rooms for the price we payed. The air conditioning was brilliant, ok the decor has torn off paint and plaster in places, but the beds were comfortable and the bedding was clean. The hotel is a couple of minutes away from the metro station and in a safe area. Breakfast was poor, they had sausages that were very unappetising. But they did have cereals and toast so didn't go hungry.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading terrible reviews was worried, it turned out to be a great stay. Pool area beautiful rooms very nice, breakfast was good, staff helpful, everything was near by. Will definitely stay here again!!!!!!

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
jorryjak
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2015

This hotel has a great location and easy walking distance to restaurants and entertainment but it is severe need of renovation. they have two sets of rooms one on outside hallways and one on inside hallways the outside hallway reak of mold and mildew the pool looks abandoned and has caution tape over most of the area there is a restaurant in the pool are that has been closed for years and sectioned and looks everyone just left and it hasn't been open for years leaving a feeling of doom. Don't believe the pretty photos you see. Be careful of the extra charges such as parking eat. You'll pay a small ransom for that you will also be required to pay for a safe wether you want to use it or not. I told the desk clerk I did not want to use the safe but was informed it didn't matter if I wanted to use it or not I still had to pay for it. Riding down the elevator two young women had just checked in and I heard them exclaim "OMG THE BATES HOTEL"
On a positive now the staff are excellent they couldn't have been more professional. I heard them listen to so many complaints and watched them handle them with patience and care. I commend them all. I understand a hotel chain has purchased this hotel and look forward to see it be as wonderful as it could be. Also hope they keep all the staff as they are amazing !!!

Stayed July 2015
Miami Dadeland Hotel
Miami Dadeland Hotel
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 12 reviews

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!