“"Bates motel"” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
jorryjak
“"Bates motel"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel has a great location and easy walking distance to restaurants and entertainment but it is severe need of renovation. they have two sets of rooms one on outside hallways and one on inside hallways the outside hallway reak of mold and mildew the pool looks abandoned and has caution tape over most of the area there is a restaurant in the pool are that has been closed for years and sectioned and looks everyone just left and it hasn't been open for years leaving a feeling of doom. Don't believe the pretty photos you see. Be careful of the extra charges such as parking eat. You'll pay a small ransom for that you will also be required to pay for a safe wether you want to use it or not. I told the desk clerk I did not want to use the safe but was informed it didn't matter if I wanted to use it or not I still had to pay for it. Riding down the elevator two young women had just checked in and I heard them exclaim "OMG THE BATES HOTEL"
On a positive now the staff are excellent they couldn't have been more professional. I heard them listen to so many complaints and watched them handle them with patience and care. I commend them all. I understand a hotel chain has purchased this hotel and look forward to see it be as wonderful as it could be. Also hope they keep all the staff as they are amazing !!!

Stayed July 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2015

We were tired and found reservation on Expedia. The bed was HARD. Newly laid laminant hard wood looking floor and fresh paint. Dated comforters and sparse decore. For one night close to University of Miami it was a good price. I do not think I could have stayed a 2nd night due to the hardness of the bed.the tube television had yellowish tint to programming on all channels. I would stay here again for the price and proximity to UM.

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2015

I stood with my family the day prior to my daughters surgery at Nicklaus Hospital and our room was clean, air conditioning working pretty good, hotel was clean, have a nice pool, gently people working at front desk.
Next week we will go to Miami again and we made a reservation to stay there again,

Room Tip: Our room was in 3rd floor
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2015

1. Went into "hotel" room to realize that all of our linen was wet...

2. Turned on the 1997 box TV only to realize that the cable did not work..

3. Walked on what felt like a sinking floor.

4. Asked for more than two towels in the bathroom and was told I would be charged to use any additional towels.

If the staff would have been a staff to assist in any of these problems then I would have not been so upset. I was told to turn off the air conditioner so my linen would not be wet. (Refused to provide me with new line) I was also told that the staff didn't know how to fix the TV.. Umm ok???

This place is by far the absolute worse "hotel" I have ever been to.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My wife and I went on a cruise and stayed an extra night in Miami to take in some sites. We arrived in Miami at 9am and asked the hotel if it was possible to check in early, they said as soon as the room was available they would call. They never did, so at 3pm when check in is we proceeded to the hotel. Room was not ready until 4 and then we were notified there would be a 2 dollar safe fee per room (even when not using safe), per day, and an 8 dollar parking fee not shown on the website. Half the channels on the TV did not work. Then at 7 am I could hear the hotel staff slamming doors in the hallway. Very disappointed cuz from outside appearance the hotel looks great. The staff is very unfriendly for miami!!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015 via mobile

I booked it through Travelocity. The condition the room was not even close to what was advertised.
It was horrific, I couldn't stay in this hotel with my two kids. First of all its unsenitary, it's dirty, filthy. AC is leaking on your head, floors are scraped and damaged, peeling. Bathroom is dirty, ceiling is full of webs. Mold everywhere. I was asking for my money back, they couldn't do it saying that I need to call travelocity. I called travelocity, they saying they can not do anything until they speak to the manager. I keep calling every day now to get it resolved, they keep telling me the same story.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thompson Miami Beach
Thompson Miami Beach
#3 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 588 reviews

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Miami Hotel

Address: 5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143
Location: United States > Florida > South Miami
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Hotel Class:2 star — Best Miami Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda, HostelWorld, Priceline, getaroom.com, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Best Miami Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
South Miami Best Western

If you own or manage Best Miami Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.