“Really nice, clean and quiet hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Best Miami Hotel to your Saves list
Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
“Really nice, clean and quiet hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stood with my family the day prior to my daughters surgery at Nicklaus Hospital and our room was clean, air conditioning working pretty good, hotel was clean, have a nice pool, gently people working at front desk.
Next week we will go to Miami again and we made a reservation to stay there again,

Room Tip: Our room was in 3rd floor
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

1. Went into "hotel" room to realize that all of our linen was wet...

2. Turned on the 1997 box TV only to realize that the cable did not work..

3. Walked on what felt like a sinking floor.

4. Asked for more than two towels in the bathroom and was told I would be charged to use any additional towels.

If the staff would have been a staff to assist in any of these problems then I would have not been so upset. I was told to turn off the air conditioner so my linen would not be wet. (Refused to provide me with new line) I was also told that the staff didn't know how to fix the TV.. Umm ok???

This place is by far the absolute worse "hotel" I have ever been to.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! My wife and I went on a cruise and stayed an extra night in Miami to take in some sites. We arrived in Miami at 9am and asked the hotel if it was possible to check in early, they said as soon as the room was available they would call. They never did, so at 3pm when check in is we proceeded to the hotel. Room was not ready until 4 and then we were notified there would be a 2 dollar safe fee per room (even when not using safe), per day, and an 8 dollar parking fee not shown on the website. Half the channels on the TV did not work. Then at 7 am I could hear the hotel staff slamming doors in the hallway. Very disappointed cuz from outside appearance the hotel looks great. The staff is very unfriendly for miami!!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked it through Travelocity. The condition the room was not even close to what was advertised.
It was horrific, I couldn't stay in this hotel with my two kids. First of all its unsenitary, it's dirty, filthy. AC is leaking on your head, floors are scraped and damaged, peeling. Bathroom is dirty, ceiling is full of webs. Mold everywhere. I was asking for my money back, they couldn't do it saying that I need to call travelocity. I called travelocity, they saying they can not do anything until they speak to the manager. I keep calling every day now to get it resolved, they keep telling me the same story.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

I am happy to report that this place is not as bad as all the reviews on the web make it out to be (I almost brought sheets and shower shoes). However-there is evidence that it probably once was. There seems to be a number of quick fixes. It is a bit over priced for a place that has the trimmings of a hotel but in the end is really just a 'fancy motel'. There wasn't a hair dryer.

Some small stains on the carpet in hallway,dusty lampshades,some amateur patchwork,a loose hook here,a torn desk chair there...these were acceptable issues. They don't seem to care too much for details.The front desk staff though (Jonathan and a young lady w/dark hair) were friendly.

The confirmation page I printed described my room as having a mini fridge and microwave but it didn't. Not a big deal to me but I would dbl check if these amenities are important to you.

The room was clean...enough...looked like housekeeping (and maintenance to be honest) does the bare minimum. The a/c worked. The window was nailed shut. The bathroom was just okay. The tub was cleaner than the shower curtain-- eeew to the dark spots on mine-especially b/c this is one of the easiest/cheapest/grossest things to remedy. I've also seen better shower-heads at campsites.....just saying.

The pool area is cozy. Lounge chairs are plain. It's pretty at night. Warm water-6ft at deepest.The continental breakfast was just okay. There were options like bananas,toast,cereal,and o.j--enough to have a good start to the morning. The "scrambled" "eggs" tasted like they came out of a spray-can.The attendant woman was sweet. There aren't a lot of tables-its a small dining space.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

We were told that this hotel had a shuttle to & from the airport & seaport. We weren't told that they only ran at certain times. The room was okay but was badly in need of repair & updating. The room was cold & we tried to adjust the temperature but the thermostat didn't seem to work. We went ahead & went to bed with covers pulled up. We told them that our room was very cold & was told they keep all their rooms like that!! We will never stay here again!! People should be allowed to adjust the temperature in their room!!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

I stayed here for New Years. The rate was great. The room was clean and in good condition. The staff was nice and helpful. The scenery here is great and the location is perfect. If you're looking for an affordable trip, this is your place. I would stay here again as a family or friend trip.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Miami Hotel

Address: 5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143
Location: United States > Florida > South Miami
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Hotel Class:2 star — Best Miami Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Best Miami Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
South Miami Best Western

If you own or manage Best Miami Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.