“Pay the extra money stay somewhere else.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Best Miami Hotel to your Saves list
Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
“Pay the extra money stay somewhere else.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Picked this hotel for the price and the fact they have an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the cruise port. Arrived at the airport they said they could pick us up for 3 hours to take a shuttle which cost us 44 dollars plus tip! Our room was terrible! The window was broke with literally a hole in it. The room was not very clean and very beat up. This could be a decent hotel if they were to do alot of remodeling. I was only staying for 1 night so we toughed it out. Had it been longer we would have been getting a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Waterford, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for one night before our cruise. They have a shuttle that picked us up at the airport, waited one hour for shuttle. Room was clean, but in need of updating. Continental breakfast was OK, They have a shuttle that takes you to the port for your cruise. Shopping mall about two blocks away with restaurants.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Yes, the location is an old hotel that could use a good lift, and yes, I did have to call beforehand to confirm my booking (because I read some reviewers had issues with that). HOWEVER, the room I stayed in was very large compared to ones I have stayed in recently. It is a great location if need to use public transportation and delicious restaurants. I think overall it's okay for a night or two, but no more than that.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Cody, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is old, run down, noisy and ill managed. Upon arrival they add $2.00 to your bill for a an in room safe. I declined - I didn't need a safe. They insisted I pay. So, I get to the room and go to check the safe out, what a joke... Completely dead and appears to have been that way for a while. Called the front desk for someone to come check it out, and no one showed up. So, we gave up and went for dinner. Upon return, the desk said they'd send someone up in the morning before 10 o'clock. We were due to check out at noon! They did begrudgingly give me my $2.00 back. Now for the room. We arrive to find a concave mattress without blankets. (We learned in the morning that nobody go blankets, and when they went to the desk many were turned away, because they ran out of them!) The window pane did go up and then nearly fell out the top and then wouldn't stay up. At about 2am I was awakened by an alarm, I thought it was my phone. It was the regfrigerater. I sighed and went back to bed, only to be awakened again an hour later by the same alarm. So, I unplugged it. The walls are a nasty cream & brown color with lenear nail marks every 4 feet. There is what looks like smoke marks on the ceiling, next to the vent. There are electrical plugs everywhere, yet not enough light to put on my make-up while sitting on the bed. A dust test (yes, I always check...) revealed thick, nasty, sticky goop. The free breakfast was, well, an experience. The nice lady didn't speak any English at all, but was doing her best. VERY basic grub, cereal, toast, coffee, OJ, sausage (which was good) and scrambled egges (which were nasty and grainy - and I don't think they were really eggs...). This hotel ran right at $100.00 after taxes were added. Other hotels I looked at were at the $200.00 range. I am still trying to decide if it is worth the extra hundred bucks... Your call!

Room Tip: Ask for a blanket before they run out!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First of all it took us 4 calls to find it with a gps... We called the day before to request a room not near the ice machine and on the top floor. That was ignored. First room right in front of the ice machine. Next room we could see our breath it was so cold and am airplane engine running over our heads. Third one freezing so we ran the hot water and opened the window until it warmed up a bit... The front desk guy was truely amazing! Other than that it sucked. It's 11:24. Don't stay here you will be sorry!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not the most clean but the hotel is in a very nice area. Staff is friendly and we got free transport to and from the airport and the cruise port. Not a bad deal. We were located in a good area not far from coral gables and was able to walk around

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Miami Hotel

Address: 5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599
Location: United States > Florida > South Miami
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Hotel Class:2 star — Best Miami Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Best Miami Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
South Miami Best Western

If you own or manage Best Miami Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.