“Poor room condition but good ammenities” 2 of 5 stars

Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Vancouver
“Poor room condition but good ammenities”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We took the Tri Rail train for $5 to get from Ft Lauderdale to Miami airport. Called hotel for free pickup which arrived in 40 minutes. Bedding was adequate but condition of the floor was poor. Ceiling a/c drips constantly causing the laminate of fall apart. In fact other areas of the room the floor felt spongy. Electrical outlet were a hazard. No coffee maker in the room, Ran out of food 1/2 hr before the end and it was only a simple/sparse breakfast to begin with. Had to pay for a safe that I did not use. No internet in our room....all guest milling about the reception area trying to pick up the weak signal. Friendly driver who took us to the Port of Miami for our cruise.
The Good:free shuttle to Mia airport or Port of Miami. The Bad:lack of quality internet and floor.

Room Tip: Don't get the room before the door to the parking garage. Constant slaming of the the door
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed in one American hotel that was *filthier* and that was in Manhattan. Best Hoetl Miami wins the worst ever award, however, because they are completely unapologetic. Our first night the mattress, which had been filleted like a fish, had a 6 inch steel post and springs poking out which cut our legs. The service person at the desk said she would "have housekeeping take a look". We finally insisted on and were given a different room.

-Wi FI doesnt work above the 3rd floor
-You are charged for parking even though the garage is "Full" most nights.
-The "breakfast" is white bread and jelly packets that you may toast in a toaster (on which the knobs are taped so you can't adjust it) and an old latin woman yells at you if you appear to be taking food from the lobby.
-There are cockroaches. I personally killed three.
-You are charged "Extra" for use of the in-room safe. This fee is mandatory because every room hs a safe.
-Only half of the rooms have a refigerator
-Only half of those refrigerators work

Overall the worst hotel experience I have ever had. You get what you pay for, usually. This place wasn't even worth the bottom basement price. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Comically disgusting excuse for a hotel.

Room Tip: Speak Spanish, bring Raid, Lysol a soldering Iron and an unlimited data plan.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They hook you with nice pics on the website and a great rate, which is not true! Not only the property is hard to find, no signage, it is disgusting. Dirty, horrible rooms they couldn't pay you to stay in. One single old sheet in the bed, no toilet paper, the phone and tv didn't work. But behold, the safe and parking are extra! Even if it is full and you have to leave your car two blocks away. My husband, after bearing 30 mins and getting attitude from the front desk (he wasn't the only one complaining) left and had to look for a room in Miami at 3 am to get his insulin shot! If you can't help but wonder how a "hotel" be in such condition, please meet the "manager" IM, who just hung up the phone on me after yelling, before I could even speak: "I don't want to talk to you. You are full of s....! and this is unacceptable (funny his definition of 'unacceptable'). You are not getting your refund!" I have never been treated that way in my life. So clearly the "manager" just doesn't want to "manage" this property. So please save yourselves your money and the worst experience of your lives. Yara R

Room Tip: The hole place is disgusting!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Israel M, General Manager at Best Miami Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Canito007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Best Miami Hotel. I want to extend my sincere apologies that we were not able to meet your satisfaction with overall stay.

Our goal is to consistently provide our guest with a pleasurable stay. Please know your feedback is most valuable as our first priority in reviewing the items and finding a solution to remedy. We are a new management with focus in upgrading and sure to keep our guests returning.

I am surprised to learn of the cleanliness issues; we have renewed if all what past long ago pictures have been posted and much more. Your comments are tools to ensure we exhaust every possible means to ensure every guest are satisfied with their stay.

Please I will ask if visiting, on business or simply in the area of Best Miami Hotel, invite you to call on me as I am always at your disposal our valued guest.

Israel M.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here overnight, because we were going on a cruise the next day.
The shuttle from Miami International Airport, was a nice new vehicle and the driver was very amenable which made the drive pleasant.
When we got to the reception, the first thing that was pointed out to us was a surcharge for the use of an electronic safe, which was not optional.
This is quite a large hotel, out of the four elevators in the hotel, the only one working was way in the back, which was a bit of a treck.
The door to the room looked like it had been kicked in a few times, once inside the room was much the same as many others.
The bathroom extractor was not working, there was no coffee maker cups, ice bucket, and only one shampoo and a tablet of soap.
The blinds did not close and the phone did not work.
Breakfast was included, I went down for breakfast and found that they had 2 pieces of fruit, white bread for toast, 2 muffins, milk one cereal and orange juice.
I was there early so it was not that they had run out of food, but they did have a lady there to make sure that you did not take to much food.
Included in the price of the room was a shuttle to the cruise line, maybe I am expecting to much, but for what we paid I would have expected better.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room you book is inside the hotel because a large number of the rooms face out on...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

Needed an emergency place for a funeral near Pinecrest or Dadeland. This was the least expensive and just off Dixie Highway, so I know I could find it. Well finding it was complicated. Even directions from my IPhone only got me close but accurate.--OK--now there is a $2.00 charge for a safe in your room. (Don't you think they would include that in the room price?) The secured parking is $8.00. The Continental Breakfast was white bread (you toast it yourself in another room),very small muffins, an apple, orange, raisin bran, milk, coffee, and OJ.l All carbs and no protein. --You need to MAKE YOUR OWN BED. the blankets are hiding in a drawer. I asked the maid for an extra towel. She looked at her list and said I already had enough and she would need to charge to for an extra small scratchy towel. I had to beg her for a little wash cloth.
On the plus side, the pool area is lovely. I had to ask the front desk for a pool towel and made sure they did not charge me for it when I returned it. The mattresses are very soft. I asked for a bed board and they advised me where the bed spread was (on the rack over the hanging clothes area). I did try to explain I needed the bed harder for my back. Oh well. The front desk people were nice. I never got my wake up call. But, Hey, it was CHEAP!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I'm originally from Miami Beach and needed a place to crash a few nights visiting friends. Found this place on orbitz for only $50 a night and started reading reviews. I almost didn't book because of them. But then I started to think about the comments and the price. Here's the deal. Miami is one of the very expensive places to stay. let's face facts this hotel is cheap! Cheaper than motel 6 people! Is it dated, yes, is it in need of TLC heck yes, does the breakfast suck, yup (but they have something for free). My room was clean, reception was friendly and it does help to speak Spanish - this is Miami! They have a little gym with the customary old treadmill bike and elyptical - enough to break a sweat. Wifi only in the lobby area. They charge you $2 per night for the in room safe no matter if you use or not, many places do this as part of covering their a... In the event of something missing. $8 for parking in their garage - also usuall at many places in south Florida. Lobby and pool area are very nice. The location is great. You can hop the Orange line train from MIA and get off at the south Miami station just a block from the hotel. You can hop the Orange or green line north to downtown or go South to dade land mall and all for under $3. Across the street from the hotel is sunset place mall and dozens of restaurants bars and other establishments. AMC 24 LA Fitness etc. PS mold and rust are common in this climate, hotels bolt windows for safety reasons. Not optimal but that's just how it is down here.

Recap: cheapest place to stay with ensuite facilities and close to public transportation. If you're a seasoned road warrior that doesn't worry about a little rust on a fridge or a bit moldy smell. This is the ticket. I paid less for 2 nights with tax than the next better place for 1. Remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

We stayed in March of 2014 as part of a wedding party. After two failed attempts at getting a very "reasonable", not snobby by any means, "room", one without fresh cigarette smoke, we settled into a room. First things we noticed were (a) 1985 TV, (b) windows that were bolted shut (which after three demon-haunted, terror-filled nights we postulated was to prevent suicides)' and (c) 1/3 roll of toilet paper in damp rusty bathroom, which we knew at first glance (and proven right) we would have to make last for three days. Other highlights...getting locked out, somehow the door hinge locked form the inside, maintenance man kicked it open leaving the deadbolt lock sprayed on the floor for us right by the puddle of leaking a/c coolant...the residents who lived there, hoarder style, right by hospital. The best perk was close proximity to good food and bars. We went to a great Irish bar every night in an attempt to pass out. The "bones" of this place are good, but the property is in a very strange and uncomfortable state now.

Room Tip: Only stay if you want a time machine experience back to 1986 or a potential demon encounter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!