“Underrated ” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
“Underrated ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I travel a lot for work and I have stayed in 5 star resorts in various locations...when I travel personally I do not require much and usually go for the regular or low fair hotels so I have stayed at both ends of the spectrum.

Granted this place needs to be updated and some serious Reno money invested, but at the same time the general location is not a tourist oriented so may never "boom".

This hotel provided exactly what I paid for a clean room, clean bathroom and bed. Granted it is older so it does not have the fresh new look but if you judge it for what it is and what it costs it's well worthy of at least a 4 star.

The only reason I wouldn't give it five stars (again based on what I paid) is that I had to pay to park in their garage and the continental breakfasts was...very basic.

Other than that clean pool, clean rooms and awesomely nice staff.

Stayed July 2014

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Just returned from a three day weekend in Miami. The staff at the hotel were some of the most helpful I have ever I encountered. I wanted to set up a tour for Saturday. Alexis, one of the night staff, spent over 30 minutes with me reviewing the tour options, helping select a tour and then printed out my itinerary. The next morning, the manager, Israel, walked me the 1 & 1/2 blocks to the Metro so I could take the train to catch the tour. Both staff asked how the tour was and showed genuine interest.
The best Miami Hotel is near the U of M campus and a huge hospital. There are fun places to eat near by. Having such close access to the Metro train you can get almost anywhere quickly.
This is a great and inexpensive hidden gem in South Miami.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

If all you need to do is spend the night and not shower than it's okay in a pinch but the parking lot smelled like urine and felt unsafe at night. It is close to Coral Gables. I felt like Jack Nicholson was going to peep out around the corner...it was very spooky, deserted and dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It is the worst hotel in the city of Miami....rust everywhere....the non smoking rooms smell like smoke and mold....the ac was turned up to 50 degrees and it felt like it was in Alaska and it is done to mask the odor of the growing mold...don't think you will rest well because you will feel the springs and hear them all night....everything was old and you can tell the rooms are not maintained....the breakfast is corn flakes and milk, apples, orange, muffin and orange juice. There was blood on the front door of the building where we checked in...I called to have an iron put in my room since there was none and was told to come pick it up from the front desk and I asked to have to send up and got a grunt instead of a yes mam....not professional..don't be fooled by the hotels name because its the complete opposite...they should be ashamed and to add to this the parking is not free$8, its in a raggedy location...and you get charged $2 per night for a safe even if you don't use it....IF YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE DONT STAY HERE....if there are any good reviews its the hotel staff writing it because everyone around us said the same.also you can hear everything on both sides of the room and upstairs and the hallway...so if you want to sleep ..yeah right

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My night started with the hotel shuttle taking over an hour to pick me up from the airport. To checking into a disgusting room that was dirty and rust just about everywhere. The light bulbs in half of the lamps in the room were blown out. The comforter on the bed was stained. The bathroom floor was black the toilet seat had some sticky stuff on it. I called and complained they put me in another room which had rust on the ceiling and doorway of the bathroom but the bathroom was a little bit cleaner. As I'm trying to sleep I hear that the toilet keeps running and then around 11pm I hear this dripping sound the AC brakes! Water starts dripping from the ceiling. Again, I call the front desk and complain and again they said the can move to another room. By this time I had it and it was late I had to get up at 5:30am I didn't want to move again. I also didn't care for the location of the hotel. It didn't feel safe to go out after dark. If you can afford to spend a few extra bucks stay at another hotel. Thank god I was only staying for one night!

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Disgusting hotel it is was creepy cold and unpleasant leaking vents noise toilet ugly bedding rusty fridge no vending machine with beverages only candy and chips Continental breakfast is an absolute joke nasty muffins stale fruit bran cereal orange juice was ok it held us up until we got ready to head out to eat at a restaurant I enjoyed being out of the hotel it was the only unpleasant part of my vacation other than that south miami is the best chill spot.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Miami Hotel

Address: 5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599
Location: United States > Florida > South Miami
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
Hotel Class:2 star — Best Miami Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Best Miami Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
South Miami Best Western

If you own or manage Best Miami Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.