“Perfect one night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
Meriden, Connecticut
“Perfect one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night March 15 2014. We chose it because it was about $90 when all others were $135 plus. The Hotel was in process of renovation. New paint and room also had new flooring as well. The pool area is also in need of some cosmetic help. There is a beautiful fountain/waterfall attached to pool that would be beautiful, however it is non functioning and very run down. The locks on the pool gates were broken as well. Now I take on good faith these issues may be on list for more renovations. There was a weird mildew smell in lobby and it was being tended to with small fans on the floor. The front desk was nice enough to allow us to store our bags as we arrived several hours before check in 3pm. It is within walking distance to a very nice area with restaurants and an outdoor mall with stores and an AMC 24 movie theater. Cab ride away from other attractions and Miami Airport.
In all perfect for a very affordable night stay.

• Stayed March 2014

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Thank god i only stayed here for 1 night. Highlights were:

1. Shipped a few packages that i bought on Amazon to the hotel, when I got there 2 of the 4 packages were provided. The guy at front desk was not helpful in locating the other 2 packages which were infact received by the hotel but they forgot to make note of if. After 30 minues back and forth they found the other 2 packages.

2. Called for a shuttle service to the airport the night i arrived and the shuttle service told me its policy to have the hotel call. So I asked the guy at the front desk to call and he refused. By the time he finally agreed all shuttles were booked resulting in me having to incurr additional cost of a cab.

3. Roaches in the elevator

4. Loud guest

5. No shuttle service from the airport although their website said that do

6. generally bad vibes at this place, I had nightmares for the entire night

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a cheap place to stay for one night while we had a nice dinner for our anniversary. Our room was $80 plus you pay $10 for parking (which was very confusing at first and I felt like the man at the front desk was not being clear at all and kinda rude when I kept asking him where we were supposed to go). We should have had one king bed but we got two full . Mattresses are lumpy and stained...just warning! No wifi either:( I was not going to let those little things get to me but one thing happened that really just made the experience frustrating. Our room was located right next to the cleaning staff area and at 5:30am-6:30am they were arguing in spanish very loudly and seemed to have no consideration for their guests. And to top it off my hubby was not too pleased to see a roach perching on the mirror either:/
On the front of the hotel their is a sign reading "Best kept secret in Miami" and we were joking it needs to stay the best kept secret. Overall, you get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

At first, I was going to write a review and say "Never stay here." I had to change rooms 3 times due to them putting me in a smoking room when I asked for non smoking. I will be truthful and say that this hotel has seen better days. The rooms are old and outdated, beds are not the most comfortable and I didn't receive wi-fi in my room. I shared my room with 3 other friends as we were in Miami for a mutual friend's wedding.
We began to notice that it seemed as though people were actually living in their hotel rooms.
We thought maybe it was some sort of half way house?
It came to my attention during my final day at the hotel.....right before check out that Yes, people do live at the hotel. Why? Because the hospital is right next to the hotel and people are living at the hotel because they are receiving long term medical treatment or they have a loved one receiving long term medical treatment. I met a very kind woman who said she stays there every time her son has facial reconstruction surgery due to a car accident.
There was my change of heart. When I realized why people were living at the hotel I thanked my lucky stars that I wasn't in their position.
So what, the breakfast wasn't the best, the bath towels were limited and the wi-fi didn't work. We were within walking distance to a wonderful mall with a lovely french bakery and an amazing Irish pub. Einstein Bagels was across the street and the metro line was 2 blocks away.
The front desk clerk was one of the most nicest men I have ever met. His name was Gilberto and he went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
If you do decide to stay here, you'll survive, it's not as bad as most of the reviews.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
AUS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Not close to cruise port, dirty, wifi is only in lobby, airport shuttles run very few times. It is residential for a lot of older people and they do food drops there in the afternoon. We heard a staff member being extremely rude to an elderly man.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 3 nights in Miami. The pool was small and I was disappointed when I could not get any extra towels. We had to chase down the house keepers to get some. The hotel had no ice whatsoever or any ice machines that worked in the whole hotel. There was very little to the continental breakfast; two or three pieces of fruit, one choice of juice and a bowl of one choice of cereal and a couple mini muffins.
I understand it's Florida, but would somebody please speak english!
This is it decent hotel f your just looking for a clean nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport, walking distance to a whole bunch of shops, bars and restaurants. The building looks to be something from the 1960's. Based on observations the management is doing a makeover. My room was nice but very plainly done. The TV worked well but was an old-style versus flat screen. If you are looking for a luxury resort, this isn't the place. If you need a place to stay before heading out somewhere else, this could be your first or last stop in south FLA. I found the service to be pleasant. Staff took time to give me a number of food tips.
Now for some constructive criticism for management: The safe charge of 2 bucks a night reflects poorly on your property. Most people read this as a hidden gotcha designed to screw the guests out of money. I have condemned high end hotels for safe charges, resort fees and internet fees. This is old school and viewed poorly by the general public.

I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!