“Felt like I was in a concentration camp” 1 of 5 stars

Best Miami Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5959 SW 71st St, South Miami, FL 33143-3599   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Felt like I was in a concentration camp”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I needed a place to stay for two days after a cruise and I stumbled on best Miami. After enjoying such hospitality on the cruise I was so shocked at what they call customer service at best Miami. I got to the room and the remote was not working so I called the front desk and the man rudely asked me to come down from the front desk, so I went to see him, to demand they change the batteries and he rudely said they don't have any and there is nothing he can do, and continued on the computer without answering me. The bed sheet were so old and creepy , the bathroom wear were rusty, water dripping from the ceiling... In shot it should be called the worst Miami hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

One of my problems with this hotel is that you are forced to pay $2 for a safety deposit box in the room and they then tax that $2. After that we find out that the shuttle to the airport was only available from 8 am till 9pm. If this does not work for your flight then you pay $25-$27 for a taxi. There is no way to print boarding passes, even though there is a huge printer at the desk. To cap it all off, the management has an "oh well" attitude. Next time just choose a hotel that has airport at the end. That way you have a hotel shuttle to the airport regardless of flight time and the cost of the room is about the same. Never again will I book here.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Dandridge, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I understand "you get what you pay for" but no wonder this hotel has a no refund policy. If not they would have to let you stay for free, and charge you to leave, to stay in business. Shower ceiling was falling in, wall paper coming of the wall, tv was awful,and front desk staff are very unfriendly. Took 45 minutes to an hour to be picked up at the airport. When I called to make sure I was in the right place was told "they on their way you just wait". Don't use the safe. Put your things in and the battery dies, then it is stuck in there. They should take that 2.00 they charge and buy several new battery. Bad mistake. ....

• Stayed December 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We needed an inexpensive place to stay for a night while in Miami south. They do offer a FREE shuttle to and from the hotel, which is good, however we waited at the airport after flying in for almost an hour. In addition on the way back to the air port it was again almost an hour late making us rush for a flight. You get what you pay for I suppose. We also asked the front desk to call us a cab to get to the Miami heat game. After waiting 45mins and still no cab we ended up walking up to a near by busy street and hailing one ourselves. The men at the front desk are rude and not helpful at all. However the room was comfortable so it depends what your looking for.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
key west
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

NQR = not quite right. We needed an inexpensive place for the night and were thrilled to find "Best" Mia Hotel online for $50! We were assured that this price included parking & breakfast and also that there was a restaurant in the hotel. When we arrived they charged us $8 for parking and extra for a safe in the room. We told the FD clerk that we didn't need a safe, he said you have to pay anyway. The room had thick mold around the A/C unit, the bedspread had holes, the bathtub didn't have a stopper ...Since I had looked forward to a bath, I asked the housekeeper (very little english) to find me a plug or something I could use. She was sweet and tried to contact management who said didn't have any. No apologies, no effort to solve any of the problems we reported. "We just work here and have no fault..."Breakfast is not worth to be mentioned and the restaurant was closed do to renovation. And now the good news. The location is great and the lobby and courtyard had still a little charm from way before corporate interests took away any positive guest service experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I never write reviews, but after reading all of the reviews, I figured I would. Everyone is saying that it is terrible, not worth it, blah blah blah. My husband and I read the reviews after purchasing our reservation, and the reviews scared me so much that I brought 2 sleeping bags for us to sleep on the bed in, and we treated it like we were camping. It made it worth the price, especially since we were coming in late and leaving in the morning. We didn't smell mildew like the other reviews were saying, and we were kind to the people that worked there, and they were nice back to us! After reading the reviews, I payed cash only at the hotel, which made us feel more secure as well. It did help me realize how blessed I am to live where I live. I was pleased for the most part. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is the first time a write a review for a hotel. I expected to be bad because the price is cheap. But it was extremely expensive for what it was.
1- The place is not easy to find. I had to call for directions because I could not find the place, although I was less than two blocks from it. I had to wait close to fifty rings before the guy answered. He told me very fast to take a right, then a right, then a right and then a left. When I asked him to be more specific, he told he was too busy and hang up the phone. Since I had pre paid the room I had no choice, but to keep looking.
The check in was extremely slow. Then I was told I had to pay $2.00 for the safety box regardless if I used it or not. That was not specify in the reservation.
When you go to park the car you have to call the front desk from the entrance to the parking lot so they can open the gate. Again I had to wait about three minutes before the guy from the front desk would answer the phone.
I had to unplug the refrigerator because it was extremely noise. The alarm clock did not work.

Room Tip: I will never stay in this hotel again.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!