“robber in our room” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“robber in our room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Horrible hotel, dirty, poor of breakfast and the worst....the enter our room and stole cash, whatchand credir cards...while we were sleeping! And then, the receptionist said it wasn t his falut and thay don t have any insurance...
DONT GO THEEEEEEERE!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We arrived near 11pm booked by Expedia. The Hotel attendant told us they only had 1 room left and it was a smoking room. What choice did we have at that hour! None! You will get charged 8 bucks for their parking garage (very dark unnerving dungeon ) $2 safe daily charge. The room had two hard terrible beds. The sheets HAD STAINS AND PUBIC HAIR! Yuck! they were not changed in one bed. I went downstairs and asked for sheets to change the other bed. I would not want to put my kids on that dirty bed!! The shower did seem clean and It had new counters and towels. PEELING TOILET SEAT, TV is an old 80s model no remotes. We had no cable and WiFi was only in the lobby. The continental brkfast was 2 types of cereal, coffee, orange juice and small packaged muffins. This place is okay for the one night quick get away among friends who have no care of where to crash, but not for couples seeking cleanliness, certainly not for children. Reeky smoke rooms.

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

London, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We arrived late and night and was told by the clerk that he was busy doing paperwork and had to wait 45 minutes. The rooms were freezing and dirty. The linens were of very poor quality. The breakfast provided was also awful.

Avoid this hotel at all costs!

Their slogan is that this is "Miami's best kept secret". It should stay a secret, to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!. There is mold in all the rooms. We changed rooms 3 times and there is mold in all of them. We had to change hotels in the middle of the night and we are fighting to get a refund. The manager was very rude when we asked for a refund. She did not want to help. They charge you for the safe whether you use it or not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST!!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY!!!!!!!THE
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!
We booked this hotel through Orbitz for a quick
Soccer trip to Miami for the kids . We went to check
In and our name was in the computer but apparently a form from Orbitz never got faxed instead of trying to help us we were told to leave and contact them on our own.
Very Rude !!! Contacted Orbitz they got us taken care of and told us the hotel could if contacted them. I guess that was Too Much work!! The front desk clerk insulted me in Spanish to my Husband. If this hotel wasn't already paid and it wasn't 10pm at night . We would of left.They never apologized to us and when we checked out never would look at us or say goodby or thank you.. Also the rooms are very small and the breakfast should even be called that . Just some muffins and apples and one type of Cereal. I Would Never go there again....

• Stayed June 2013
Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The guy running the front desk the evening we checked in could not have been more obnoxious. While we waited to check in, he was busy being rude to two Spanish visitors and didn't improve much when it came to waiting on us. They don't mention, until you get there, that there is a $2 a day non-refundable fee for the room safe, regardless of whether you use it or not. There's also a fee of $15 if you leave the safe closed when you check out. Then there's the parking garage. Which you also have to pay for. OMG. The door to the hotel is on the fourth floor of this garage and the garage is dark, barely lit and looks abandoned. We parked next to the scavenged remains of what seems to have once been a hotel shuttle. The first night, after we checked in, we went to dinner and when we came back, we were exhausted from driving all day and my husband went to take a shower. I stopped by the front desk, with my 11 year old and 6 month old in tow, to ask for two extra pillows. The same guy was there, chomping away at what I think was gum, as he listened to an older man (manager?) arguing with a guest on the phone about a pizza that she'd been charged for and the pizza place said had been delivered, but she had not received. I was a bit taken aback by how surly this man was, especially when he told her to go ahead and call the cops. When I asked for the pillows, the younger man barely acknowledged me and proceeded to take a room key and write a number on it. He then asked me, "Where you husband?" I said, "Excuse me?" He repeated, "You husband. Where is he?" I said, "He's in our room." He flips the key card onto the counter and tells me, "Tell him to go to room 432 and get them out of that room." I said, "You're serious?" He says, "I'm busy right now. I can't go." I was stunned. I took my two kids and went up to room 432, at the far end of the universe, and the door wouldn't open. It was 10pm. I went back down, flipped the key back to him and told him the door wouldn't open and I wanted two damned pillows, whenever he had a chance. He called the room an hour later and asked if I still wanted the pillows. I said yes and he brought them by the room and seemed a bit put out. Around an hour later, we realized there was a beeping sound that was keeping us up. We finally discovered it was the open door of the safe. I called the front desk and explained this to pillow-guy. He says, "The maintenance people are gone already! Why didn't you call sooner?!" I say, "Call sooner? We just noticed the sound!" He continues to yell at me, "Why didn't you call sooner?! What do you want me to do about it?! I can't do anything about that! You should have called sooner!" I admit to saying something ugly and appropriate and hanging up. We covered the safe with one of the stiff, stale smelling bed covers and silenced the safe. The next morning, there was a new guy at the front desk. He looked frightened and beleaguered and I told him how upset I was with the other guy. He said all the right things, but I guessed he'd heard it before and had no plans to pass on my complaint. We stayed one more night because it was easier than switching hotels as we were really busy that day. The hotel is well-located and the lobby and pool are nice. But the place is falling apart with peeling wallpaper, cracked tiles and the atrium reeks of cigarettes. The other staff seemed nice enough, but I would never stay there again and I'd only recommend it to someone I intensely disliked. Even then....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in need of a dehumidifier badly. The room had a over powering smell of mold and mildew. You could see the mold growing on the walls. Not to mention my room had water dripping from the vent in the ceiling. The room was so moist that even the toilet paper felt wet! The continental breakfast wad terrible! The only good thing I have to say is that the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. To be totally honest this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!