“MOLD!!! MOLD!!! MOLD!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Miami
Naples, Florida
“MOLD!!! MOLD!!! MOLD!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!. There is mold in all the rooms. We changed rooms 3 times and there is mold in all of them. We had to change hotels in the middle of the night and we are fighting to get a refund. The manager was very rude when we asked for a refund. She did not want to help. They charge you for the safe whether you use it or not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST!!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY!!!!!!!THE
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!
We booked this hotel through Orbitz for a quick
Soccer trip to Miami for the kids . We went to check
In and our name was in the computer but apparently a form from Orbitz never got faxed instead of trying to help us we were told to leave and contact them on our own.
Very Rude !!! Contacted Orbitz they got us taken care of and told us the hotel could if contacted them. I guess that was Too Much work!! The front desk clerk insulted me in Spanish to my Husband. If this hotel wasn't already paid and it wasn't 10pm at night . We would of left.They never apologized to us and when we checked out never would look at us or say goodby or thank you.. Also the rooms are very small and the breakfast should even be called that . Just some muffins and apples and one type of Cereal. I Would Never go there again....

• Stayed June 2013
Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The guy running the front desk the evening we checked in could not have been more obnoxious. While we waited to check in, he was busy being rude to two Spanish visitors and didn't improve much when it came to waiting on us. They don't mention, until you get there, that there is a $2 a day non-refundable fee for the room safe, regardless of whether you use it or not. There's also a fee of $15 if you leave the safe closed when you check out. Then there's the parking garage. Which you also have to pay for. OMG. The door to the hotel is on the fourth floor of this garage and the garage is dark, barely lit and looks abandoned. We parked next to the scavenged remains of what seems to have once been a hotel shuttle. The first night, after we checked in, we went to dinner and when we came back, we were exhausted from driving all day and my husband went to take a shower. I stopped by the front desk, with my 11 year old and 6 month old in tow, to ask for two extra pillows. The same guy was there, chomping away at what I think was gum, as he listened to an older man (manager?) arguing with a guest on the phone about a pizza that she'd been charged for and the pizza place said had been delivered, but she had not received. I was a bit taken aback by how surly this man was, especially when he told her to go ahead and call the cops. When I asked for the pillows, the younger man barely acknowledged me and proceeded to take a room key and write a number on it. He then asked me, "Where you husband?" I said, "Excuse me?" He repeated, "You husband. Where is he?" I said, "He's in our room." He flips the key card onto the counter and tells me, "Tell him to go to room 432 and get them out of that room." I said, "You're serious?" He says, "I'm busy right now. I can't go." I was stunned. I took my two kids and went up to room 432, at the far end of the universe, and the door wouldn't open. It was 10pm. I went back down, flipped the key back to him and told him the door wouldn't open and I wanted two damned pillows, whenever he had a chance. He called the room an hour later and asked if I still wanted the pillows. I said yes and he brought them by the room and seemed a bit put out. Around an hour later, we realized there was a beeping sound that was keeping us up. We finally discovered it was the open door of the safe. I called the front desk and explained this to pillow-guy. He says, "The maintenance people are gone already! Why didn't you call sooner?!" I say, "Call sooner? We just noticed the sound!" He continues to yell at me, "Why didn't you call sooner?! What do you want me to do about it?! I can't do anything about that! You should have called sooner!" I admit to saying something ugly and appropriate and hanging up. We covered the safe with one of the stiff, stale smelling bed covers and silenced the safe. The next morning, there was a new guy at the front desk. He looked frightened and beleaguered and I told him how upset I was with the other guy. He said all the right things, but I guessed he'd heard it before and had no plans to pass on my complaint. We stayed one more night because it was easier than switching hotels as we were really busy that day. The hotel is well-located and the lobby and pool are nice. But the place is falling apart with peeling wallpaper, cracked tiles and the atrium reeks of cigarettes. The other staff seemed nice enough, but I would never stay there again and I'd only recommend it to someone I intensely disliked. Even then....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in need of a dehumidifier badly. The room had a over powering smell of mold and mildew. You could see the mold growing on the walls. Not to mention my room had water dripping from the vent in the ceiling. The room was so moist that even the toilet paper felt wet! The continental breakfast wad terrible! The only good thing I have to say is that the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. To be totally honest this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I really don't know where to start! let's start for the beginning! Front desk customer service, extremely rude. Parking was $8 + tax. A/c was too cold and no way to lower temperature, the TV is only a decoration ( doesn't work) mattress are very old, you are laying on a bunch of springs, towels 2 for room and we make reservation for 4. Refrigerator was old and rust! Sheets are stained.don't even want to talk over breakfast! NEVER stay here again! I hope people can read this reviews before making any reservation!

• Stayed April 2013
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I dont know if I came at the wrong time but this hotel sucks! I am writing right now in the lobby of thee hotel because there is no wi-fi in the rooms! I have to come down to use my laptop with like 15 other guests here! sooooooo uncomfortable! Luckily I got a chance to use the swimming pool yesterday because it is currently now broken! There are no Ice machines yet they have ice buckets in the room. Oh not to mention they dont have change for the soda machine at all not even for a five dollar bill! I think they should take down the pics of the restaurant /bar at the poolside because its been closed! I had no running water for about 2 hours because of maintenance! very inconvenient! oh and thats around noon! They charge a fee of $8.67 a night for parking garage that you have to wait hoping someone see the monitor to let you in! oh and they charge you $2.00 night for a safe you dont even use! This hotel is a joke! The only "okay" thing about it is that my room was not dirty. It was pretty decent. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: room 218 was okay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here last spring break before my cruise with my family. The hotel was DISGUSTING. Staff was rude. We had to wait over two hours for them to find our room because apparently it had been given away. There was an extra $2 fee for the safe in the room & our shuddle didn't pick us up from the airport & was late the next morning taking us to the boat. There was mold all over the bathroom, floors, ceilings, walls. Outside the window, panneling was falling off. The breakfast was a joke. I would NOT reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!