“HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Miami
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST!!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY!!!!!!!THE
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!!
We booked this hotel through Orbitz for a quick
Soccer trip to Miami for the kids . We went to check
In and our name was in the computer but apparently a form from Orbitz never got faxed instead of trying to help us we were told to leave and contact them on our own.
Very Rude !!! Contacted Orbitz they got us taken care of and told us the hotel could if contacted them. I guess that was Too Much work!! The front desk clerk insulted me in Spanish to my Husband. If this hotel wasn't already paid and it wasn't 10pm at night . We would of left.They never apologized to us and when we checked out never would look at us or say goodby or thank you.. Also the rooms are very small and the breakfast should even be called that . Just some muffins and apples and one type of Cereal. I Would Never go there again....

• Stayed June 2013

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The guy running the front desk the evening we checked in could not have been more obnoxious. While we waited to check in, he was busy being rude to two Spanish visitors and didn't improve much when it came to waiting on us. They don't mention, until you get there, that there is a $2 a day non-refundable fee for the room safe, regardless of whether you use it or not. There's also a fee of $15 if you leave the safe closed when you check out. Then there's the parking garage. Which you also have to pay for. OMG. The door to the hotel is on the fourth floor of this garage and the garage is dark, barely lit and looks abandoned. We parked next to the scavenged remains of what seems to have once been a hotel shuttle. The first night, after we checked in, we went to dinner and when we came back, we were exhausted from driving all day and my husband went to take a shower. I stopped by the front desk, with my 11 year old and 6 month old in tow, to ask for two extra pillows. The same guy was there, chomping away at what I think was gum, as he listened to an older man (manager?) arguing with a guest on the phone about a pizza that she'd been charged for and the pizza place said had been delivered, but she had not received. I was a bit taken aback by how surly this man was, especially when he told her to go ahead and call the cops. When I asked for the pillows, the younger man barely acknowledged me and proceeded to take a room key and write a number on it. He then asked me, "Where you husband?" I said, "Excuse me?" He repeated, "You husband. Where is he?" I said, "He's in our room." He flips the key card onto the counter and tells me, "Tell him to go to room 432 and get them out of that room." I said, "You're serious?" He says, "I'm busy right now. I can't go." I was stunned. I took my two kids and went up to room 432, at the far end of the universe, and the door wouldn't open. It was 10pm. I went back down, flipped the key back to him and told him the door wouldn't open and I wanted two damned pillows, whenever he had a chance. He called the room an hour later and asked if I still wanted the pillows. I said yes and he brought them by the room and seemed a bit put out. Around an hour later, we realized there was a beeping sound that was keeping us up. We finally discovered it was the open door of the safe. I called the front desk and explained this to pillow-guy. He says, "The maintenance people are gone already! Why didn't you call sooner?!" I say, "Call sooner? We just noticed the sound!" He continues to yell at me, "Why didn't you call sooner?! What do you want me to do about it?! I can't do anything about that! You should have called sooner!" I admit to saying something ugly and appropriate and hanging up. We covered the safe with one of the stiff, stale smelling bed covers and silenced the safe. The next morning, there was a new guy at the front desk. He looked frightened and beleaguered and I told him how upset I was with the other guy. He said all the right things, but I guessed he'd heard it before and had no plans to pass on my complaint. We stayed one more night because it was easier than switching hotels as we were really busy that day. The hotel is well-located and the lobby and pool are nice. But the place is falling apart with peeling wallpaper, cracked tiles and the atrium reeks of cigarettes. The other staff seemed nice enough, but I would never stay there again and I'd only recommend it to someone I intensely disliked. Even then....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Miami hotels

Duluth, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in need of a dehumidifier badly. The room had a over powering smell of mold and mildew. You could see the mold growing on the walls. Not to mention my room had water dripping from the vent in the ceiling. The room was so moist that even the toilet paper felt wet! The continental breakfast wad terrible! The only good thing I have to say is that the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. To be totally honest this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I really don't know where to start! let's start for the beginning! Front desk customer service, extremely rude. Parking was $8 + tax. A/c was too cold and no way to lower temperature, the TV is only a decoration ( doesn't work) mattress are very old, you are laying on a bunch of springs, towels 2 for room and we make reservation for 4. Refrigerator was old and rust! Sheets are stained.don't even want to talk over breakfast! NEVER stay here again! I hope people can read this reviews before making any reservation!

• Stayed April 2013
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I dont know if I came at the wrong time but this hotel sucks! I am writing right now in the lobby of thee hotel because there is no wi-fi in the rooms! I have to come down to use my laptop with like 15 other guests here! sooooooo uncomfortable! Luckily I got a chance to use the swimming pool yesterday because it is currently now broken! There are no Ice machines yet they have ice buckets in the room. Oh not to mention they dont have change for the soda machine at all not even for a five dollar bill! I think they should take down the pics of the restaurant /bar at the poolside because its been closed! I had no running water for about 2 hours because of maintenance! very inconvenient! oh and thats around noon! They charge a fee of $8.67 a night for parking garage that you have to wait hoping someone see the monitor to let you in! oh and they charge you $2.00 night for a safe you dont even use! This hotel is a joke! The only "okay" thing about it is that my room was not dirty. It was pretty decent. I DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: room 218 was okay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here last spring break before my cruise with my family. The hotel was DISGUSTING. Staff was rude. We had to wait over two hours for them to find our room because apparently it had been given away. There was an extra $2 fee for the safe in the room & our shuddle didn't pick us up from the airport & was late the next morning taking us to the boat. There was mold all over the bathroom, floors, ceilings, walls. Outside the window, panneling was falling off. The breakfast was a joke. I would NOT reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
My Head
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here just before a cruise from the Port of Miami. Upon arrival the front desk girl was more interested in flirting with some guy behind the counter in Spanish than helping us. I stood there for about 5 minutes before I was acknowledged. Once I paid a mandatory $2.00 fee for the room safe and an additional $50 security deposit on top of a credit card imprint we were directed to our room. We asked about food as it was late and our kids were hungry. The guy behind the counter just mumbled "Pizza." and dropped to flyers in front of us. He then said something in Spanish to the girl, they laughed. We just left to our room.

It was cool in Miami when we arrived. Our room was freezing. The room was horrible. I've stayed in better dives in Mexico. The door bolt lock wasn't just broken but missing. The fridge was rusty and unclean. Room was tiny. The air conditioner was running and I turned the heat on to try and make it comfortable but it was broken. We had to sleep fully clothed under blankets. My wife slept with her scarf on. We are from Canada and we know cold. This was cold. We we too tired to do anything and simply passed out from a full day of travel and considering the help at the front desk I knew it would be futile to complain.

The free breakfast consisted of some no name cereals, cellophane wrapped store mini muffins a day some orange juice. We asked for milk for the cereal from the attendant but she was talking with someone on her phone and couldn't e bothered to help much. She said something to us, again in spa is which we clearly didn't speak and pointed to the end of the counter. We saw a milk jug behind the counter and assumed she meant it so we grabbed it. She yelled at us in Spanish again as apparently we were supposed to grab the unmarked jugs by the coffee which looked like cream.

One reason for staying here was the free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. Forget the airport. After 3 calls someone finally answered and I could barely understand them but I got that they weren't about to pick me up. We did get a shuttle to the cruise terminal in the morning. It's good I booked us the night prior as those that didn't had to wait or cab it.

It was close to a pharmacy and other shopping. Walking distance.

Only stay here if every other room in Miami is booked. Even then, try a hostel.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Best Miami Hotel? Share your experiences!